What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that made you walk out of the cinema

mongoose

Coach
Priscilla, Queen of the Desert was one movie I couldn't stand and wanted to just leave but I was with friends.

that reminds me I got dragged along by friends to "the greatest showman" whatever year that was, the cinema was full and we were in the front row to boot. Lets just say I took 2 very extended toilet breaks.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Ferris Buellers Day Off

Only You

Biggest walkout I've seen was when Salo was shown in a theatre in the 1990's. No idea what they were expecting, I'd say 50% or more walked.
Holy crap that actually made it to a cinema here?

Never walked but fell asleep during Excess Baggage with alicia silverstone

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting some of the movies I almost walked out on have been done by the same guy

Watching Pearl Harbour I was like, this is lame when its going to end.

I have no idea why I decided to see the sequel to the Transformers movie. Arrggh

Then I made the same mistake in watching the Ninja Turtles Remake.

For a cartoon I loved to watch when I was a kid, I walked out in disgust seeing that.

Adding to earlier post... and not a walk out but..

Matrix Revolutions - saw it with friends in a packed theatre. My mates and I lost interest early, and struggling an hour in but hoping it may come good. It didn't. And apparent the audience joining us felt the same. People starting talking amongst themselves and taking the piss - no one "shooshed" them.. And late in the film when Neo and Trinity were in each others arms in some long-winded "will they wont they" moment someone yelled out "Aaaargh for F&CK SAKE just F&CKING KISS so we can F&CK OFF HOME!!!"... The whole place erupted laughing and gave him a clap.

To this day I remember nothing about that film except that scene with that comment.

Interesting some of the movies I almost walked out on have been done by the same guy

Watching Pearl Harbour I was like, this is lame when its going to end.

I have no idea why I decided to see the sequel to the Transformers movie. Arrggh

Then I made the same mistake in watching the Ninja Turtles Remake.

For a cartoon I loved to watch when I was a kid, I walked out in disgust seeing that.

Those TMNT films a few years back were steamers.

Even my own kids disowned them. The older one had to go see #2 for a birthday party and he was flat out refusing to go see it. We made him and even then, afterwards, he was pissed off at us for making him watch it.

Parra

Referee
Holy crap that actually made it to a cinema here?

It did. The ban was lifted and I went to see it in Sydney. Sat through it.

I have never watched it again.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I've fallen asleep so many times when I don't like a movie. Maybe cause I go with friends and don't want to spoil it for them. T3 was the last one I did that.

Last Week

Bench
I f**king hated the most recent Predator movie. It was an utter joke. Half way through, they tried adding in some shit Disney-esque quips to it.

Lucky I downloaded it instead of paying for it at the movies.

bileduct

Coach
I f**king hated the most recent Predator movie. It was an utter joke. Half way through, they tried adding in some shit Disney-esque quips to it.

Lucky I downloaded it instead of paying for it at the movies.
Hah, I mentioned this earlier in the thread. There have been a few films I stop part of the way through for some other reason and then just never ended up finishing off, but Predator was the only one where I went "fuuuuuuck this shit!" and deleted the file immediately. I don't think I even got as far as halfway through.

mackdadday

Juniors
Not that I walked out, but I made the mistake of watching Monster's Ball with my family. That ball-slapping, sweaty sex scene between Halle Berry and Billy-Bob Thornton was decidedly uncomfortable for a 19-year-old Misanthrope.

The joy of at last seeing the inestimable Halle Berry nude ruined by circumstance!

soc123_au

Staff member
@Parra No love for Ferris? And apart from your unfortunate choice in Rugby League teams I had you pegged as a man with impeccable taste.

My walkouts,
Licence to Drive, that steaming turd should have been enough to turn the peados off Haim & Feldman

No Country for Old Men, I cant believe how highly rated it is. I probably should give it another run, maybe I just didnt get it.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Love Le Carré's books, but this movie was an absolute bore. Lasting an hour was a battle.

YoHadrian

Juniors
The Rover,

That didn't so much bore me as depress the sh*t out of me. Bleak. :D

When I was 21 I watched Bad Boy Bubby with my Mum and my girlfriend ... it was very uncomfortable. It was recommended to my Mum by a friend of hers.

That was one seriously f**ked up film.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Love Le Carré's books, but this movie was an absolute bore. Lasting an hour was a battle.

Agree, what a snooze fest.

Matrix Revolutions - saw it with friends in a packed theatre.

As the kids say Oh Emm Gee. The 2nd one had it's head up it arse badly enough but the third one shoved it right up there & emerged out through it's own neck again. By the end I was barracking for those drilling things to f**king destroy those boring idiots.

The joy of at last seeing the inestimable Halle Berry nude ruined by circumstance!

She certainly made my old fella tingle.

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors
In terms of walkouts was in a cinema when Irreversible was showing. Three quarters of the cinema walked out when one of the most confronting & brutal rape scenes ever shown on film ( imo ) came on.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
In terms of walkouts was in a cinema when Irreversible was showing. Three quarters of the cinema walked out when one of the most confronting & brutal rape scenes ever shown on film ( imo ) came on.
Yeh its a tough watch. Anyone leave after the fire extinguisher?

Oh god. That film shook me to my core.

Some bright spark at work told me he'd seen a film (which was this film) and simply said to me - it'll blow you away. No real warning of the content, just that it shocked him. So I curiously bought the DVD and watched at home one night.

I did get through the whole thing though. But no film has ever made me go through such emotional torture like that., nothing even close or in the same postcode. I chucked the DVD in the bin and chose not to speak of it again. Until that post.

Parra

Referee
@Parra No love for Ferris? And apart from your unfortunate choice in Rugby League teams I had you pegged as a man with impeccable taste.

My walkouts,
Licence to Drive, that steaming turd should have been enough to turn the peados off Haim & Feldman

No Country for Old Men, I cant believe how highly rated it is. I probably should give it another run, maybe I just didnt get it.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Love Le Carré's books, but this movie was an absolute bore. Lasting an hour was a battle.[/QUOTE ?]

Tried Ferris again. Still a no. Love the car though.

Latest posts