What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial 1 - Eels vs Rabbitohs: Friday 21st February 9pm @Ringrose Park

callmack1

Staff member
We have our first proper trial match this week against the Eels on Friday night and I'm really looking forward to it. You always look forward to your first proper game of the year. Will be interesting to see how this one goes as I'd say both sides will be naming mostly young guys/reserve graders to give them a hit out and see where they're at so I can't wait to see some of our young up and coming talent play!! Good chance to clear out the cobwebs and see where we're at.

Anyone know if this game will be live streamed?

callmack1

Staff member
Yippppeeee.

I reckon some guys that didn’t play in the 9’s like Allan, Marsters, Sironen, Amone etc plus Sele and Mago too, I reckon they’ll get a run in this trial.
Surely they will! I assume it'll be mostly young guys and the up and comers. The Charity Shield will be our near full strength hit out.

Hopefully the team is named tomorrow.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our team is out guys and I am pumped: (I’ll post Parra’ team later too see we know who we are up against.

On another note I think Dargan could injured, no sign of him!

Team is: (It’s gonna be live streamed on NRL site if you have an account with them which I do, so I’ll watch!)

Corey Allan

Jaxson Paulo

Steven Marsters

Cory Denniss

Edene Gebbie

Lachlan Ilias

Blake Ta’affe

Thomas Burgess (Captain I’d assume)

Joshua Cook

Junior Tatola

Patrick Mago

Jack Johns

Keaon Koloamatangi

Interchange:

Ben Talty

Hame Sele

Jack Quinn

James Tautaiolefua

Patrice Siolo

Brad Zampech

Bronson Garlick

Jacob Gagai

Nick Mougios

Matt French

Trent Peoples

Coach Ben Rogers

[/URL]

Rabbits20

Immortal

callmack1

Staff member
Game Day is here! Our first proper trial game and our first proper 13 aside game for 2020! Really looking forward to seeing how all our young guys go because that's what this trial is all about - giving our quality youth a go. But then again, it'll be great to get a forst look at the first grade guys that will get their first hit out of the year.

The result isn't important tonight but we just need to make sure we have a good hit out.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Game Day is here! Our first proper trial game and our first proper 13 aside game for 2020! Really looking forward to seeing how all our young guys go because that's what this trial is all about - giving our quality youth a go. But then again, it'll be great to get a forst look at the first grade guys that will get their first hit out of the year.

The result isn't important tonight but we just need to make sure we have a good hit out.
I’m getting excited now @callmack1 I just wanna see the boys that are playing give it their best.

Glory Glory!

callmack1

Staff member
Yep, I'll certainly be watching!!! Heading to a mate's place for it now.

Let's go and get these Eels!!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Yep, I'll certainly be watching!!! Heading to a mate's place for it now.

Let's go and get these Eels!!
So we won 28-24, i haven't watched it as I was working. Anyone watch the full match? Have a bit of a summary? Changed attitude? Better attack? Premiership potential? Anything changed from last year or much the same same ?

Rabbits20

Immortal
What a half (was my half time summary)

Allan, Marsters and Paulo solid.

Ta’affe and Ilias strong in defence and running the show.

Josh Cook good service.

Tom was rusty and looked off the pace.

Mago and Sele did their jobs well.

Lovely ball playing by Mago to put Johns over.

Koloa and Jack Johns went well.

Koloa was a standout but did leak a soft try but made up for it. He played second row.

Parra have the stronger team out there but our boys are fighting for everything. Very good trysavers from both Ilias and Ta’affe on Lane and Niukore.

18-14 it was at half time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Full time summary!

The live stream was quite shit but I still made out who was who.

Marsters was solid although a bit iffy in defence.

Allan looked solid. Paulo knows how to finish tries.

Ta’affe and Ilias were really good, obviously they tired and fell off tackles in the last 20.

Josh Cook was very solid.

Sele and Mago were strong against some strong Parra first graders in their pack.

Tom was asleep his first stint but went much better in his second stint.

Koloa was really good and strong in the second row but leaked a soft try, I’ll forgive him for that. He did not play the second half.

Johns was solid and can run a good line.

In the second half especially last 20mins our 3rd stringers did a good job too, all the Flegg boys.

We got caned in the penalties though and Perenara of course blew another one against us in the last 90 secs to give Parra yet another chance.

I think what was most pleasing was our goal line defence which quite a number of times was put under siege by the Parra first graders out there yet held firm.

Latest posts