What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Statement Regarding Tonga National Rugby League

adamkungl

Immortal
This will get worse before it gets better
Guarantee this ousted board will linger around causing division for a long time to come

Pommy

Coach
The biggest issue here is a lot of pacific fans have a victim mentality.
How dare big countries pick brown players that were born raised and developed in that nation, sending death threats and homophobic abuse to refs etc etc
Already there’s plenty of buzz on social media about Australia orchestrating this expulsion because they beat them last year. They’ve totally forgotten it wasn’t even the Tongan national team that played those games last year.

adamkungl

Immortal
How dare big countries pick brown players that were born raised and developed in that nation, sending death threats and homophobic abuse to refs etc etc
Already there’s plenty of buzz on social media about Australia orchestrating this expulsion because they beat them last year. They’ve totally forgotten it wasn’t even the Tongan national team that played those games last year.

A lot of the headlines are deliberately shit stirring saying TONGA EXPELLED FROM INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE while we all know that this has been the case since last year before they played, and the Tonga team will still play this year, just not under the existing board.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors

Victim mentality talk about you poms who had a fit about gb and wayne bennett. Throw stones properly mate. Without these Pacific fans league international would have been dead and buried. Throwing blanket statement yet don't look at the disaster that is english rugby league and those pacific players born in western countries still live the Pacific way so i don't know what makes you kiwi or oz they are colonial countries.

Pommy

Coach
Victim mentality talk about you poms who had a fit about gb and wayne bennett. Throw stones properly mate. Without these Pacific fans league international would have been dead and buried. Throwing blanket statement yet don't look at the disaster that is english rugby league and those pacific players born in western countries still live the Pacific way so i don't know what makes you kiwi or oz they are colonial countries.

what are you talking about? Nobody is pretending to be a victim in the Wayne Bennett situation, people (not me by the way) are blaming the RFL, aka ourselves for Wayne Bennett.
Don’t give yourselves too much credit mate 2017 was only 3 years ago, I’m not saying I haven’t enjoyed the ride but your statement is a bit hyperbolic. I remember watching Tonga vs Cooks in 2015, before it was cool and there was nobody there.
English rugby league is the second biggest rugby league comp in the world, again what’s your point?
Your last statement is total gibberish.
Comeback when we harass one of the best refs in the sport in to retirement because Andy ‘dogged both his nations’ Fifita carry’s a ball like a loaf of bread.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
what are you talking about? Nobody is pretending to be a victim in the Wayne Bennett situation, people (not me by the way) are blaming the RFL, aka ourselves for Wayne Bennett.
Don’t give yourselves too much credit mate 2017 was only 3 years ago, I’m not saying I haven’t enjoyed the ride but your statement is a bit hyperbolic. I remember watching Tonga vs Cooks in 2015, before it was cool and there was nobody there.
English rugby league is the second biggest rugby league comp in the world, again what’s your point?
Your last statement is total gibberish.
Comeback when we harass one of the best refs in the sport in to retirement because Andy ‘dogged both his nations’ Fifita carry’s a ball like a loaf of bread.
[/QUOTE]

Tonga vs Samoa 2008 and onwards was better than anything England threw up. Dissing pacific island rugby league that nothing happened before 2017, sit down boy. That denver test looked real good english rugby league at no2 bs qld cup and nsw cup is better quality. That Tongan game beat anything the poms did, then you get to the final and snooze everyone yep international rugby league got killed by the poms. Before you throw out the Pacific just remember your still sits quietly dead in the north while Rugby union make you look amateur hour.

Pommy

Coach

Tonga vs Samoa 2008 and onwards was better than anything England threw up. Dissing pacific island rugby league that nothing happened before 2017, sit down boy. That denver test looked real good english rugby league at no2 bs qld cup and nsw cup is better quality. That Tongan game beat anything the poms did, then you get to the final and snooze everyone yep international rugby league got killed by the poms. Before you throw out the Pacific just remember your still sits quietly dead in the north while Rugby union make you look amateur hour.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Tonga vs Samoa 2008 and onwards was better than anything England threw up. Dissing pacific island rugby league that nothing happened before 2017, sit down boy. That denver test looked real good english rugby league at no2 bs qld cup and nsw cup is better quality. That Tongan game beat anything the poms did, then you get to the final and snooze everyone yep international rugby league got killed by the poms. Before you throw out the Pacific just remember your still sits quietly dead in the north while Rugby union make you look amateur hour.

Huh?[/QUOTE]
You read that right pom can't understand your own language. Enjoy the three nil pumping that England gets when Australia wallop you.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
That was English? This entire bitter attitude has just proved my original point, thanks.
Oh come on you threw the entire Pacific under the bus im here to defend my region from people like minded about rugby league. I understood it was the mmt board not the invitational side but you label the Pacific that means all of us stop that snob attitude that you supposedly hate of union and realise Rugby league is equal game.

Pommy

Coach
Oh come on you threw the entire Pacific under the bus im here to defend my region from people like minded about rugby league. I understood it was the mmt board not the invitational side but you label the Pacific that means all of us stop that snob attitude that you supposedly hate of union and realise Rugby league is equal game.

If you read my original post I said a lot of pacific fans. I stand by that post, go check social media.
If you want to defend those people that’s on you. I don’t defend people from my region who want Toronto expunged from the history of rugby league, 90% of people are f**king idiots and that stat doesn’t worry about geography.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
If you read my original post I said a lot of pacific fans. I stand by that post, go check social media.
If you want to defend those people that’s on you. I don’t defend people from my region who want Toronto expunged from the history of rugby league, 90% of people are f**king idiots and that stat doesn’t worry about geography.

I agree their are alot of f***ers but the game down is getting more Pacific islander by the day that the style of rugby league has helped the NRL. If you cannot beat the islanders in jnr grades then quite frankly you aren't making it to top grade down here. It would be a miracle if you do.

Pommy

Coach
I agree their are alot of f***ers but the game down is getting more Pacific islander by the day that the style of rugby league has helped the NRL. If you cannot beat the islanders in jnr grades then quite frankly you aren't making it to top grade down here. It would be a miracle if you do.

firstly I live in Sydney, secondly I’m not sure what this has to do with the original point.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
firstly I live in Sydney, secondly I’m not sure what this has to do with the original point.
Well good to see i just feel we contribute alot is what im getting at and being from Melbourne rugby league is basically all pacific islanders running it.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Players who made it so they came good want nothing to do with George.

There are many better Tongan men, so so many.

Every body has a snake.

siv

First Grade
There is a need to review all Islanders admin structures now that we have so many players playing in Australia

The structure needs to acknowledge the needs of the domestic league requirements and the professional group of players who do no play locally

IRL may need to set a standard like

If you have 10 or more players playing in a another country you need a professional player on the RL board

Latest posts