What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Foxtel FoxSports / Kayo /Ch9 + NRL TV Rights

84 Baby

Referee
Depends on upscaling, on a larger screen you're still getting more pixels, if the upscaling is good you'll get as much definition on the large screen as you would on smaller screen at 4k at the same veiwing distance from the screen.

I have a 55 inch 4k Oled , and a 42 inch Hd samsung, and the definition is far better on the oled watching HD 1080p,
The upscaling has improved but there’s still a heap of SD stuff, let alone HD, let alone 4K and that’s a long way to upscale. Heck 4K only really just recently became affordably worth the difference to HD

Gronk

Staff member
So are you saying I shouldn't have bought my 24K TV?

FFS a 24 karat gold TV is a tad ostentatious merkin. They sure pay marine biologists well these days.

50-Inches-Cheap-Price-LED-Smart-Television-Gold-Shell-with-Square-Stand-Cp50se-W8.jpg

Has anyone tried foxtel 4k box yet?

I've got an IQ4, and a TV that can show 4k stuff, but because I route the HDMI cable through my PVR I couldn't be arsed seeing what the difference in resolution is. Maybe I'll try one day. I've typically found that higher resolution on sports shows makes it more likely that motion blur appears.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I've got an IQ4, and a TV that can show 4k stuff, but because I route the HDMI cable through my PVR I couldn't be arsed seeing what the difference in resolution is. Maybe I'll try one day. I've typically found that higher resolution on sports shows makes it more likely that motion blur appears.
''IQ4'', ''HDMI'', ''PVR'', ''4K'', ''TV''...

Quit making shit up Barry.

chiefy1

Juniors
Just renewed fox for 39 a month for 6 months with sports.
Was considering kayo but the general consensus was that as the streaming gets jammed at gametime, the platform can't keep up and there's buffering issues.
There have been many reviews confirming that kayo is problematic. Did anyone else have issues ?

Just renewed fox for 39 a month for 6 months with sports.
Was considering kayo but the general consensus was that as the streaming gets jammed at gametime, the platform can't keep up and there's buffering issues.
There have been many reviews confirming that kayo is problematic. Did anyone else have issues ?
It's f**ken shit. For me anyway.

T.S Quint

Coach
I suspect my problem is the setup (looking at you older Chromecast!) but I'd rather just yell at Kayo. But even if it worked well I'd far rather have the traditional Foxtel. Just easier to navigate.

Yeah, I don’t use Chromecast. HDMI straight from my computer into my TV.
I used to have Foxtel but since I got rid of it I have found I don’t miss it at all. Kayo gives me mostly everything I need in terms of sport and I don’t have the time any more to watch all the other stuff on Fox.

Yeah, I don’t use Chromecast. HDMI straight from my computer into my TV.
I used to have Foxtel but since I got rid of it I have found I don’t miss it at all. Kayo gives me mostly everything I need in terms of sport and I don’t have the time any more to watch all the other stuff on Fox.
You might have just solved my problem. I'm staring at an unopened 3m HDMI cable. Do you have to go full screen on the computer and then that's what shows on the TV?

T.S Quint

Coach
You might have just solved my problem. I'm staring at an unopened 3m HDMI cable. Do you have to go full screen on the computer and then that's what shows on the TV?

Yep.
Works just like it would if watching it on say a laptop or other computer monitor.
You click on the show you want. Click the little iconic the corner to make it full screen, and it looks just like watching regular tv.