What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Anyone got any *good* recommendations for 2019 to wash down this shit?

Blut Aus Nord - Halucinogen
Memoriam - Requiem for Mankind
Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir
Esoteric - A Pyhrric Existence
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance

Generalzod

Immortal
1572993437114.jpg

adamkungl

Immortal
Anyone interested in Download... ?

First announcement kinda poor.
A mix of metal, punk and alternative but not enough of any of them to really tie together a days worth of bands. In particular the headliners seem to almost belong to a different festival entirely... what other bands is your average MCR fan going for?

For me, would be keen to see Testament, Alestorm, Carcass, NeO
But I'll be waiting for something decent in the top 2 rows before I make the jump. Not spending $200 on tickets and $200 on food and booze for half a days entertainment

My Chemical Romance - (Only Aus Shows)

Deftones || Jimmy Eat World || Clutch (Only Aus Shows)

Ministry || In Flames || Testament || Alestorm (Only Aus Shows)

Carcass|| Lacuna Coil (Only Aus Shows) || Hands Like Houses
In Hearts Wake|| The HU || Baroness|| Ne Obliviscaris

Bodyjar || New Years Day || Clowns || Venom Prison

SKYND || Thornhill ||Disentomb|| Stand Atlantic
Plini || RedHook || Dregg

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yeah nah. I’ve seen nearly every band there that I’d be interested in several times. Will save the coin for the trip to Tassie in June.

adamkungl

Immortal
I really didn't listen to many albums in 2019, no real reason, I just fell out of the habit of keeping up with everything. Listened to maybe 25 when I usually aim for 100

gUt

Coach
Anyone interested in Download... ?

First announcement kinda poor.
A mix of metal, punk and alternative but not enough of any of them to really tie together a days worth of bands. In particular the headliners seem to almost belong to a different festival entirely... what other bands is your average MCR fan going for?

For me, would be keen to see Testament, Alestorm, Carcass, NeO
But I'll be waiting for something decent in the top 2 rows before I make the jump. Not spending $200 on tickets and $200 on food and booze for half a days entertainment

My Chemical Romance - (Only Aus Shows)

Deftones || Jimmy Eat World || Clutch (Only Aus Shows)

Ministry || In Flames || Testament || Alestorm (Only Aus Shows)

Carcass|| Lacuna Coil (Only Aus Shows) || Hands Like Houses
In Hearts Wake|| The HU || Baroness|| Ne Obliviscaris

Bodyjar || New Years Day || Clowns || Venom Prison

SKYND || Thornhill ||Disentomb|| Stand Atlantic
Plini || RedHook || Dregg

Going to see Deftones/Baroness sideshow. Went to Deftones at the Arena in Brisbane in the early 00s and it remains one of the best live shows ever, the energy in the place was amazing.

2019 recommendation is although I prefer their earlier album Orange Mathematics.

mongoose

Coach
Going to see Deftones/Baroness sideshow. Went to Deftones at the Arena in Brisbane in the early 00s and it remains one of the best live shows ever, the energy in the place was amazing.

2019 recommendation is although I prefer their earlier album Orange Mathematics.

I'm going to Deftones side show in Brissie, haven't been to the new Fortitude Valley music hall yet so looking forward to that too.

bileduct

Coach
Did anyone go see Tool? I had a VIP ticket and scored a center barrier position. Dude, the support act, Author & Punisher. The bass in the low frequency oscillators was constant and f**king brutal. After about 10 minutes everyone around me had their fingers jammed in their ears. My teeth were legit ratting in my skull, at times my vision blurred and it seemed like I was being choked. Never felt anything like it.

Check out this guy... He's a f**king wall of sound that is probably being used to torture prisoners at Guantanamo.

Last edited: