What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
And enjoy it unlike grocery shopping.
I'd rather Shorten the experience then extend
e94650e4d25b188c5b5be20a13fa8a15

T-Boon

Coach
I wonder if there has been any consideration to shifting Ferguson to fullback and Gutherson to centre. I like Gurtherson at centre. I don't think he is much good at fullback

and Ferguson looks like he should be an excellent fullback to me. He is more mature now than he was etc.

I would have been testing this out over the offseason.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wonder if there has been any consideration to shifting Ferguson to fullback and Gutherson to centre. I like Gurtherson at centre. I don't think he is much good at fullback

and Ferguson looks like he should be an excellent fullback to me. He is more mature now than he was etc.

I would have been testing this out over the offseason.
Does Ferguson have the work rate, vision or the skill?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does Ferguson have the work rate, vision or the skill?

I love, love, LOVE Blake Ferguson - but I agree with you, Pou.

Gutherson is fitter (not that Blake is unfit, but Gutherson works extremely hard on his conditioning), has better skill and vision )(courtesy of playing in the 6 jersey for some time), and moving Ferguson to fullback would mean we wouldn't get his kick returns (as most teams would kick to his old wing spot, which in this scenario, would most likely be taken by George Jennings).

hindy111

Post Whore
Foxsports gave our backline a C+

And Roosters an A-

Teddy 10 - Guth 7.5
Toupo 7.5 - Fergo 9
Manu 7.5 - Blake 7.5
Morris 6 - MJ - 6.5
Ikavulu 6- Sivo - 7

I have us 1 point ahead.....

T-Boon

Coach
RE: Ferguson to fullback

Valid points have been raised to my earlier suggestion regarding the above.

Is there anyone else who can play good fullback. Gutherson isn't very good and I do think he makes a good centre.

Regards

hindy111

Post Whore
I think he would be at least as good as Gutherson. I am sure he has the skill, not so sure about the work rate or vision.

Fergo is a little rocks and Diamonds at fullback. Guthersons fine at fullback.
Sets up tries, can kick and a great passer. Does lack a bit of magic but so does just abput every fullback bar Teddy,Turbo,Ponga,Rts.....
Guths play making is better then all of those bar Ponga. His kicking prob ranks no 1 or equal to Turbo.

Latest posts