What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One to watch: Jason Saab

giboz71

First Grade
Saab looked a bit soft, I dont think he is ready, happy to be proved wrong

Kerr got him in space at the end of the 1st half in the final, I thought he would score for sure, like the Cows winger when he got the same opportunity.

But Clifferd (I think) ran him down and put him into touch. A halfback shouldn't be able to do that to a big winger.

He's got potential for sure, but he needs a fend or something to help with his finishing (needs to watch videos of Fergo).

Como Connection

First Grade
Kerr got him in space at the end of the 1st half in the final, I thought he would score for sure, like the Cows winger when he got the same opportunity.

But Clifferd (I think) ran him down and put him into touch. A halfback shouldn't be able to do that to a big winger.

He's got potential for sure, but he needs a fend or something to help with his finishing (needs to watch videos of Fergo).
Ramsey would have scored that try and Pearson also.
CC

Como Connection

First Grade
I rated him, he never really got much of a shot outside Lafai, but towards the end of last season he scored a slashing try from a rare Lafai pass. Pulled off some good hits too. I’d have kept him over Rava all day.
Agree, again a player never given a fair go, plus should have played in the Newtown game over Pierra, who cost them the game dropping the ball just short of the line with 5 to go.
CC

Wittenberg

Juniors
Maybe he was a little underdone with fitness or he was running with a twinge, but I was surprised he didn’t score. As the new ‘gun’ he was a little underwhelming but the Charity Shield will tell us more. I’m afraid the Mary Mobile has made me a tad negative of late. Jason just didn’t appear to be the new messiah...and we need one.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Maybe he was a little underdone with fitness or he was running with a twinge, but I was surprised he didn’t score. As the new ‘gun’ he was a little underwhelming but the Charity Shield will tell us more. I’m afraid the Mary Mobile has made me a tad negative of late. Jason just didn’t appear to be the new messiah...and we need one.
He is like Tupou, pretty skinny won’t make heaps of metres until he puts on some beef. In a perfect world I do believe he’s not quite ready needs a year at least for me. But it’s not a perfect world and we don’t have much choice. Hopefully they pick and stick because the bloke will score plenty of tries from kicks and that is one of Mary’s favourites. Being outside Aitken doesn’t help either that’s why I’d play Sailor at right centre. A natural playmaker and one of the strongest in the team he will improve in defence under Flanno and provide good clean ball for Saab.

Dragonsamy

Bench
Also Saab had a major foot injury at the end of last year. Would not have been able to fully stretch out for quite a long time so perhaps his fitness is a little bit behind some of the other guys I think as crush already said he needs to be given a bit of time and he will prove to be a very good NRL player

kit66

Bench

When Clifferd was catching up to him I thought he'd turn and palm him off but he didn't, should have, or a big step off his right foot.

chewbacca

Juniors

he has a nice ass though...

Bench
Do the nines really count in the whole selection for the real games. Sometimes teams loose players through injury, just like us.
Cam should have not been playing this early.

rasaint

Juniors
Now that a few of us have expressed some concerns about Saab, I will give a viewpoint.

He is still young but has been highly ‘talked up’ as another next best thing.

Last year I thought he went ok in the NRL but I’m yet to be convinced that he is a top shelf speedster.He has dash but let’s see how he develops. Pearson has genuine top shelf speed. Will Saab have this as he finishes growing and filling out a little. I sure hope so.

I’m not bagging Saab, just hope he achieves the potential level some believe he will attain.

In fairness in the nines he didn’t get run down from behind, but Driscoll came across to him before Saab could properly stretch out dived and grabbed a good handful of Saab’s shorts.Kerr’s pass was a good one but floated and Saab had to mark time for a split second until the ball reached him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Now that a few of us have expressed some concerns about Saab, I will give a viewpoint.

Last year I thought he went ok in the NRL but I’m yet to be convinced that he is a top shelf speedster.He has dash but let’s see how he develops. Pearson has genuine top shelf speed. Will Saab have this as he finishes growing and filling out a little. I sure hope so.

I’m not bagging Saab, just hope he achieves the potential level some believe he will attain.

In fairness in the nines he didn’t get run down from behind, but Driscoll came across to him before Saab could properly stretch out dived and grabbed a good handful of Saab’s shorts.Kerr’s pass was a good one but floated and Saab had to mark time for a split second until the ball reached him.
Saab is very fast but I’d say he’d beat most in our team over 100 but not over 40 which is more important. One thing he does have is height. As the season proper gets underway he will be a weapon in the air off kicks. He scored at a pretty high strike rate in his few games last season outside Aitken so I’m sure he will be fine.

Dragonsamy

Bench

Well said rasaint,
I think that he was a little behind in fitness as he couldn't put full weight on his foot unroll it was totally healed. But he is faster than he showed. We get better as season goes on.