What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
RE: Ferguson to fullback

Valid points have been raised to my earlier suggestion regarding the above.

Is there anyone else who can play good fullback. Gutherson isn't very good and I do think he makes a good centre.

Regards

I was hoping we'd go after Adam Douhie, because I don't think we have any depth at all at fullback. I also don't like Ferguson there.

Incorrect

Coach
I was hoping we'd go after Adam Douhie, because I don't think we have any depth at all at fullback. I also don't like Ferguson there.
You never know, maybe we did make enquiries but pulled out once it became clear the Tigers were offering the coin reported. He seems a decent player but not sure he's worth forking out what they are for him.... Could prove a bargain one day but risky at the moment. And he's gone to the Tigers to play first team footy, not to provide depth which is what he'd be for us...

lingard

Coach
When was the last time we developed a gun player in the backline? I guess Semi counts. Prior was Hayne.
Odd we can't develop one. Some clubs churn them out. But we have found D.Brown. and Mahoney who are in position that are hard to develop guys. Prob worth 5 x backs.

But yeah it is interesting we onky have found one every 10yrs.

Not trying to be smart - but when was the last time we developed a 'gun' player in any position? Our lack of origin representation over the last twenty years speaks volumes about that.

Not trying to be smart - but when was the last time we developed a 'gun' player in any position? Our lack of origin representation over the last twenty years speaks volumes about that.

Depends what you mean by develop . Anthony Tupou, Hindy, Ryan Matterson, Tony Williams, Wolfman, Jamie Lyon Andrew RYan.. And to be fair a lot of our better players have not been eligible for SofO (Caylii, for example) We cant take all the credit for Billy Rogers, but at least some.

84 Baby

Referee
Doueihi would be on massive overs for us. He wouldn’t start over any of our backline and isn’t much of a bench utility and he was supposedly on $500k at Souffs. Even at half that I’d still be hesitant

84 Baby

Referee
Define gun player. Because my thoughts are your view is probably limited to the likes of Tedesco, Turdston and #CAMshafted and that the “gun” players are limited to spine positions where there are only 4 in a team. To which I counter with Hayne.
If I’m wrong and you can provide a better detailed definition of gun players that includes forwards and backline then I’d counter with Semi and the list that Barry already provided

I was hoping Parry might have come on a fair bit, given his age. He's got pace at least. Not being selected for nines suggests to me he might not have. But Dunster seems to have improved. Fullback might be a stretch for either but not out of the question at this point. And Ferguson and Smith might not be ideal but they can do a job. How many other teams have someone who could step in to fullback that we'd be happy with? Not many I reckon.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was hoping Parry might have come on a fair bit, given his age. He's got pace at least. Not being selected for nines suggests to me he might not have.
If you look at the Nines squad, at least the one we sent, there wasn't really any room for centres. We defended with a hooker and four forwards in the middle (two of them being edge forwards), with a playmaker and a winger defending on each edge. In attack the edge forwards stood outside the playmakers, as they do in the 13-a-side game.

This five forwards + four backs setup was pretty much the consensus 'best' way to play Nines footy last time there was a tournament. This year I didn't pay attention to how other clubs were structuring their teams but we certainly stuck to the 5+4 formation.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was hoping Parry might have come on a fair bit, given his age. He's got pace at least. Not being selected for nines suggests to me he might not have. But Dunster seems to have improved. Fullback might be a stretch for either but not out of the question at this point. And Ferguson and Smith might not be ideal but they can do a job. How many other teams have someone who could step in to fullback that we'd be happy with? Not many I reckon.

Can't pick then all. I read Parry has bulked up a bit. I reckon GJ is a better player based in last year but Parry would still be improving

Is see Woollies are ripping people off with their mince, and Coles are just flat out ripping people off. With Gazzamatta's encouragment, it might be time to give the Germans another go @hindy111

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/f...s/news-story/f8427e5bd9e9108f47ff9442e67038ab
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-18/coles-underpays-employess-20-million-review-reveals/11974984

Fake News.

The scale on the news.com article has no tare button (so it's weighing the container, too, thus claiming the mince is under 322g) and we don't know when it's calibrated. It's one of their "nut scales" probably designed to make people think they're buying less so they don't notice at the checkout and end up paying more.

Furthermore, the claim of around 310g mince means that the container can theoretically hold more than another 50% of mince (to get to the 500g). That's blatant Fake News.

The problem in the picture is the scale, not the mince. The real scale at point of production has a tolerance limit of 5% either side and the machine will flag a fail and shut down if there are 6 or more fails in a run.

It's Fake News.