What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints have signed Billy Brittain

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Daily Tele reported that Saints have signed Billy Brittain who comes from Souths for 2020 as cover for Cam McInness and will be playing in the trials on the weekend.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Who the f..k is he ? Again give lovadova a go for fu..s sake.Why buy in roadblocks ? OR is he a sensational pick up ?

Was the Canterbury Cup hooker of the year in 2019 so he can obviously play- Souths must have a good back up for Cook if this bloke wasn't signed.

Interesting to note that Tristan Sailor was picked as one of the centres in that CC team of the year . Hope he gets to play in Aitken's position.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Technically not signed, only a train and trial contract at present.

The original plan was McInnes to start then move to lock and bring Luke on as hooker, basically as a change up in game play. Luke, I believe, has also been training as an edge forward to cover anything happening there.
Luke is not an 80min player.
IMO, with Cams injury, and we're not talking season ending, Luke will start with Joe as the support player, as he can cover, hooker, edge and lock. If they do end up signing BB it would only be to cover Luke, as he has been injury prone hinself over the last few seasons.
Long term view would be that Luke and Joe are only on a 1yr deals. This will be the internal battle this year.
BB is a good hooker, just hasn't had the opportunities.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Was the Canterbury Cup hooker of the year in 2019 so he can obviously play- Souths must have a good back up for Cook if this bloke wasn't signed.

Interesting to note that Tristan Sailor was picked as one of the centres in that CC team of the year . Hope he gets to play in Aitken's position.
Robson was Canterbury Cup hooker of the year too. I would have rather we signed Brittian before Luke. I know there were some rapts on Brittian at Souths. I don't see him as a bad signing. I still see Luke as a bad signing. I would rather see Brittian given a run than Luke.