What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toronto owner to invest in Storm

sempmrh

Juniors
The club was exploring putting up a percentage for fans to purchase in a partial fan ownership model but I haven't heard anything about that in about a year. The last email about it said they would 'get in touch in the New Year' but that email was from December 2018. Guess it won't be happening now.

edit: Literally as I posted this I got an email from the club about the changes to the ownership structure and a confirmation that partial fan ownership wouldn't be going ahead.

Seema like a bargain. Sell out just as the club is about to fall off a cliff on the field and has no sponsor.....once Barb Smith retires the diamond rings will become browneyes....

The Great Dane

First Grade
What David Argyle is doing at the Wolfpack and Skolars is great, but he also has a history of not paying his bills on time and this is the third club he is investing in.

So good luck to the Storm and Argyle if they decide to work together, but if I was the Storm I'd keep an eye on him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like Bart Campbell has been grappling with the decision to sell a stake in the club for quite a while.

Pommy

Coach
What David Argyle is doing at the Wolfpack and Skolars is great, but he also has a history of not paying his bills on time and this is the third club he is investing in.

So good luck to the Storm and Argyle if they decide to work together, but if I was the Storm I'd keep an eye on him.

Him personally or businesses he’s a shareholder in?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Him personally or businesses he’s a shareholder in?
Well the Wolfpack for one, there were a bunch of people that had done services for the Wolfpack and were complaining about late payment or not being payed at all, and this was while he was not only the owner but the CEO as well.

He just seems to be one of those guys that is prone to making very big promises, but often fails to deliver them, for example it turns out that so far he hasn't been living up to expectations at the Skolars, and remember all that talk of him funding the Wolfpack playing home games in basically every major European city, yet when push came to shove they just went quite about all of it.

As long as they go into business with him understanding that he has a history of making big promises that don't really go anywhere then working with him shouldn't really be a problem for the Storm, as he's definitely good for any money that he promises people, even if it doesn't always reach them on time, but if they go into business with him on the back of some big promises they are probably going to be let down.

sempmrh

Juniors
The share which is being taken on by the Ralph brothers (one of which runs Jet Couriers and has a major stake in the Melbourne Aces) is being spun as the baseball team buying into the club. Strange considering how low baseball’s profile is in Australia.

The share which is being taken on by the Ralph brothers (one of which runs Jet Couriers and has a major stake in the Melbourne Aces) is being spun as the baseball team buying into the club. Strange considering how low baseball’s profile is in Australia.

gee didn't see that coming

thorson1987

Coach

Yeah I saw this yesterday and thought what the f**k.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Hahahah, i like it.

Side note: how did the Storm ever manage to get their hands of @storm? Seems crazy noone else every snapped that one up

sempmrh

Juniors
Hahahah, i like it.

Side note: how did the Storm ever manage to get their hands of @storm? Seems crazy noone else every snapped that one up
The club’s Twitter username was originally @MelbStormRLC, then it changed to @MelbourneStorm and finally @storm when Twitter took the name back, possibly from an inactive account. I know Twitter has the power to take control of usernames over brand and trademark claims - I think it was an ‘it’s who you know’ kind of situation. The club’s Instagram recently changed to @storm as well leaving Facebook as the only one still with MelbStormRLC. More clubs should look into trying to obtain better social media usernames.

An unfortunate side effect is that when people don’t understand how Twitter works or don’t proofread their tweets before posting. You see @storm tagged with people talking about the weather, US politics, other sports and even Fortnite.