What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Given there’s no parameters, I’ll look at NRL.coms predicted round 1 lists for gun, homegrown players.
Tits - Arrow/Wallace are their best players but they’re not homegrown (and I probably wouldn’t list them as guns anyway).
Drags - Frizell I suppose. His form can be a bit up and down for mine. Merrin I guess was a decade ago but they also didn’t retain him so I’m not sure he counts, I mean if Moses/Matto/Jnr ever become guns I guess we wouldn’t be allowed to count them either.
Cows - Taumolololololo definitely, Morgan perhaps.
NZ - RTS not homegrown
Dogs - Josh Jackson is their best homegrown player FFS
Knights - is Saifiti a gun? Cause Mata’utia certainly isn’t
Penrith - do they get to claim Cleary as theirs (and is he even a gun?)
Tigers - Marshall. I love renaissance Marshall.... but wait they didn’t retain him! f**ken hell this is hard
Boncos - are Haas and Fifita even homegrown? And how early do we make the call on gun players? Boyd I guess while a f**khead was a gun player, but that was when he was playing for Drags...
Sharks - be hard to count Xerri as a gun right now
Manly - Trbevzjcievics, does DCE count as homegrown? If so they’re f**ken loaded!!
Scum - ok they have some and have had a few recently (but not Cronk or Inglis because they left).
Souffs - Murray is a good player. Is he a gun though?
Canbra - Wighton? Flash in the pan or legitimate gun? And is Papa Lee homegrown?
Rorters - Cordner and of course the gun of all guns Victor Radley.
Us - we’ll see if Drown becomes as good as people think he’ll be, because regardless of how good they may become we’re not allowed to include Moses, Reed, Matto, Jnr or Stefano

And Josh Jackson is from the country and while Frizzell is an Illawarra junior he played junior reps with the sharks, Cordner is a knights junior

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We haven't even developed a genuine first grader in back in last 10yrs.
To go back to players from over 15 -20yrs ago? We should be producing a player capable of playing in the backlineat NRL level every 2yrs imo.

I mean look at Sharks for example - Holmes,Xerri,Feki,Ramien off the top of head all in the last 5yrs.

If sharks produced Holmes then we produced Drown, both recruited young outside their junior base.....

strider

Post Whore
Did you tare for packaging? If not, what's the packaging weigh?

When was your scale last calibrated?

And what's 5% (the allowed tolerance limit) of 500g?

Guess it ain't Fake News, after all...
FFS merkin im on your side

Expectation is it should be slightly over 500g to include package weight ... And it was ... Its fake news that they are ripping us off

84 Baby

Referee
We’ve been f**king awful for most of the last 10 years. Is it any surprise we haven’t developed a lot of really good players?
We seem to have done a lot better on the recruiting front lately, so hopefully the development side of things shines on through soon enough.
There’s definitely some correlation between having an unstable coaching system and club over the same time and poor results and junior development

hindy111

Post Whore
We’ve been f**king awful for most of the last 10 years. Is it any surprise we haven’t developed a lot of really good players?
We seem to have done a lot better on the recruiting front lately, so hopefully the development side of things shines on through soon enough.

Even garbage clubs develop guys in backline.
Look at Tigers for example

hindy111

Post Whore
Moisture loss is less than 3g per 500g, I think. Not 100% sure on that but I can find out. Nevertheless, that mince is fresh and not frozen prior to landing in the store.

And there is no guy packing mince. It is done by machines, and the people are operating the machines. Every individual tray is weighed twice (once at packing and once at labeling) and a pic of every fully labeled tray is kept for record keeping.

Many, many times per day a selection of trays are randomly taken and weighed a third time by hand on a just-calbrated scale to ensure accuracy and adherence to what the label says.

I secretly hope Gronks mince is 497gm

hindy111

Post Whore
Fake News.

I already explained why there is a small rise in the first half of this year and it's always been my position that it would occur. It won't last in the second half of the year.

Where I have been looking the spike for unit was about 50k and run down terraces closer to 200k. Not small amounts at all.
Blue mountains sure hasn't moved a lot. But places are selling in 7 days rather then taking 3mths. That means they will start to increase as buyer demand is getting stronger. Why would house prices drop in your opinion? Interest rates are under 3%
People with money are getting 1.4% on money in bank. They need alternatives and the share markets inflated now. Every Tom dick and Harry threw their money in shares.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
If sharks produced Holmes then we produced Drown, both recruited young outside their junior base.....

He is a half. Not a back. Like I said earlier we have produced a half and hooker which is as good as producing 10x backs.

And I don't buy into Mahoneys from Dogs stuff. If we are the ones who showed faith in him just like Stone then I count them. Just like Tigers wanted Moses more. Or Dogs wanted Kelemmer.

hindy111

Post Whore
oh yeh, Mitch Moses

oh wait, wasn't he a junior from some other club

Yes.

But I also count Mahoney,Salmon,Stone as ours players. 99% of fans see a player as the one their club showed faith in and debut for them.

Stefan is case is different as he was bank rolled. But getting guys that other clubs don't want or chase when 16 is just smart junior spotting.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Even garbage clubs develop guys in backline.
Look at Tigers for example

Tigers round 25 side only had one local junior in their backline David Nofoaluma and he played a bit of NSW cup in 2019......

Developing players is overrated ....

84 Baby

Referee
Tigers round 25 side only had one local junior in their backline David Nofoaluma and he played a bit of NSW cup in 2019......

Developing players is overrated ....
They also produced Tedesco!

... who now plays for noted junior producers the Rorters.

#ithoughtweweretheonlyclubthatdidthat

Last edited: