What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial V Tigers

Pomoz

Bench
Maybe that should've been addressed when we had money to spend & instead bought two forwards??

Aekins deserves his crack. He's been far from poor when he's been given the opportunity in 1st grade. Over 300m in your first game (or any game) is not a common feat.
I agree. I thought he was hard done by not to get another chance. He is much more elusive than Edwards, so he is good at racking up metres. It's his defence that will determine whether he gets to keep the jersey.

Kilkenny

Coach
The issue is we have 2 fullbacks in our 36 man squad not the 30 man squad. Not that we don't have them at all.

0 tries and 0 try assists in 4 games. You need more than from a FG fullback

He debuted in 2018. Outstanding debut.

His 3 games in 2019, three losses, the team were basically pathetic. No fullback in the game would have had any tries or assist’s playing for us in those three losses.

Assuming he get’s first shot which is almost certain he would benefit greatly from playing in a competitive side and if he does then I have total faith in him being a useful contributor to the team. If the team are rubbish then obviously he’s not going to be able to help our cause too much.

OldPanther

Coach

His 3 games in 2019, three losses, the team were basically pathetic. No fullback in the game would have had any tries or assist’s playing for us in those three losses.

Assuming he get’s first shot which is almost certain he would benefit greatly from playing in a competitive side and if he does then I have total faith in him being a useful contributor to the team. If the team are rubbish then obviously he’s not going to be able to help our cause too much.

That sounds like he's not responsible for his own performance.

franklin2323

Immortal

https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/players/?competition=113&season=2018&stat=78

NSW Cup 2018 played 23 games

10 linebreaks (21st in the comp)
6 try assists (36th in the Comp) Luai had 5 in 13 games. Egan had 11 in 13 games
Not in the top 50 for tries scored. Again Luai on 7 in 15 games

He was 1st in run metres...But how does that alone help our poor attack?

Last season. https://www.nswrl.com.au/stats/players/?competition=113&season=2019&stat=38

Only played half the year so I will average it for metres gained

Average 148 run metres in 13 games (26th overall) To'o 170 ave
Try assists not in top 50. Luai, Burton and Katoa are despite playing only 8 games
Not showing on try scored. Stops at 7. Johns and Burns. Not in the top 50 for ave per game either.

So again where is the form to demand selection..

kinghippo

Juniors
I have done it before didn’t want to spam it but here goes

Burton
Mansour
Naden
Crichton
To’o
Luai
Cleary
JFH
Api
Tamou
Kikau
Martin
Yeo

Capewell
Tetevano
Leinu
Kenny/Burns if he isn’t fit
Nice team, same ideas as me with the exception of Martin.
I think either him or kikau should start on the bench for a bit of impact after 20. I really like Burns on the bench also, he could really be a super sub.

Hopefully if aekins is picked at fullback Burton gets a run at it in reserve grade, he looks like a future star and has all the skills for a good fullback.

franklin2323

Immortal
It makes the most sense, aekins plays a very similar game to Edwards as well so should slot in nicely. Give him 6 weeks and maybe give burton six weeks in the reserves playing a bit at fullback.

Nice team, same ideas as me with the exception of Martin.
I think either him or kikau should start on the bench for a bit of impact after 20. I really like Burns on the bench also, he could really be a super sub.

Hopefully if aekins is picked at fullback Burton gets a run at it in reserve grade, he really looks like a future star and has all the skills for a good fullback.

The fact May can play NSW Cup does free up options. All depends where they want to play Laurie. Staines can start in Flegg if need be

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2020/02/22/late-mail-panthers-v-wests-tigers/

Panthers v Wests Tigers
7pm Saturday 22 February
Panthers Stadium

18. Daine LAURIE
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Brent NADEN
5. Brian TO'O
6. Jarome LUAI
7. Matt BURTON
8. Moses LEOTA
9. Tyson SMOOTHY