What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker

The unknown

Juniors
So the Queens have just signed Billy Brittain. Since Liddle copped the injury that will put him out for most of next season, they have signed TWO hookers that could have worked for us while we wait for Liddle to heal and Simpkins to fill out.

From my list at the start of the thread, Tom Starling has moved to Canberra and now only Matt Parcell is available. There's no way the Storm are going to release Grant. Looks like we will be going into this season with Mbye earning his paycheck at dummy half.

It feels like madge is just being patient (although I’m sure billy Britain wouldn’t have cost an arm and leg) but it worked for us when signing BJ and Doueihi.

Either that or he thinks our current stock is fine and could surprise

Fordy20

Juniors
It feels like madge is just being patient (although I’m sure billy Britain wouldn’t have cost an arm and leg) but it worked for us when signing BJ and Doueihi.

Either that or he thinks our current stock is fine and could surprise

Hopefully it is Madge being patient. Personally it would be doing my head in. Even if we do have Mbye/Walters/Reynolds playing in the 9 for this season, it won't be as bad as what I expected when Cleary first left us with McQueen, Matulino, Packer, Reynolds and Mbye all on fat long term contracts.

Anyway Grant has asked for a release and could be given one after Round 1 without affecting the Storm's eligibility. Also Brittain's contract with the Dragons is a 4 week trial and train contract, so either of these guys could still end up here this season.

Tiger05

First Grade
Even if we do have Mbye/Walters/Reynolds playing in the 9 for this season, it won't be as bad as what I expected when Cleary first left us with McQueen, Matulino, Packer, Reynolds and Mbye all on fat long term contracts.

How bad was that guy when it comes to recruitment. Those players on the right contracts are fine but he just stuffed it big time.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If Grant does end up coming to the club then what is Reynolds role going to be?

Grant is an 80 min hooker, I don't see where Reynolds fits in

Tiger05

First Grade
If Grant does end up coming to the club then what is Reynolds role going to be?

Grant is an 80 min hooker, I don't see where Reynolds fits in

Honestly I see Reynolds as a utility player on the bench or left right out if we are fully fit. He might go well at hooker even though he has looked ordinary there. I assume he has been getting some game time there.

He is also a great back-up if one of our halves go down. Benji is getting on and you wonder how well his body will hold up over the season.

Its just a shame we overpaid the guy massively.