What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah, so we get Harry Grant this year, Packer gets medically retired enabling us to get Frizzel (also next year)
Then with $300,000 more to spend when our salary cap restraints are removed plus extra cash lying around we get J A C.

After all that falls into place I buy advanced tickets for next years Grand Final plus a hotel room near the ground for a week because I will be in no condition to drive home.

Then on top of all that we somehow, some way, land Tedesco for 2022

TIGER14

Bench
Why sign Grant for one year if we could promote Simpkins to first grade and have him with us for the long term ? You use Mybe / Reynolds etc with him this year if he can't play a full 80 then next year give him the job on his own.

I've heard that now the swap deal is off the Tigers are hoping to get Grant on a 3 year deal. Grant is keen on this as he has C.Smith and B.Smith in front of him at Melbourne.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I've heard that now the swap deal is off the Tigers are hoping to get Grant on a 3 year deal. Grant is keen on this as he has C.Smith and B.Smith in front of him at Melbourne.

The storm would have to agree to a release, which they've shown in the past they won't do unless they benefit from it, which I have no problems with. I read today that Grant has a get out clause in his contract if C.Smith plays on again next year.

TIGER14

Bench
The storm would have to agree to a release, which they've shown in the past they won't do unless they benefit from it, which I have no problems with. I read today that Grant has a get out clause in his contract if C.Smith plays on again next year.

Benefits Melbourne if they need to clear Grant from their squad go bring someone else in. Doesn't have to be a direct deal with WT.

WA Tiger

Bench
Why sign Grant for one year if we could promote Simpkins to first grade and have him with us for the long term ? You use Mybe / Reynolds etc with him this year if he can't play a full 80 then next year give him the job on his own.
The question is How good is Grant? IF he turns up on our website there’s possibly the answer? With a top spine we can really go places THIS year and even maybe hold onto him after that? It’d be a shame to see him at another club forever like Tadesco and wonder what if...

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
The question is How good is Grant? IF he turns up on our website there’s possibly the answer? With a top spine we can really go places THIS year and even maybe hold onto him after that? It’d be a shame to see him at another club forever like Tadesco and wonder what if...
Yeah but Tedesco was a tigers player before, Grant is unproven in grade as yet. If we take him then I guess it's between him and Simpkins and then Liddle gets dropped down the list or goes to Melbourne.
I remember Bellamy being quite interested in him.

Yeah but Tedesco was a tigers player before, Grant is unproven in grade as yet. If we take him then I guess it's between him and Simpkins and then Liddle gets dropped down the list or goes to Melbourne.
I remember Bellamy being quite interested in him.

I'd be happy to let Liddle go to be quite honest. The kid just cannot string games together.

A gamble running with two young blokes, but at the end of the day having Grant and Simpkin is no more a risk than running with a busted Liddle and Simpkin.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Packer, Reynolds, Liddle, Mcqueen, Jennings...they all need to start offering something to the team or find a new club. Its getting silly now

Fordy20

Juniors
McQueen is off contract this year and won't be offered another. Reynolds and Packer will be in the same boat next year, although we might be able to get a medical retirement for Packer. Not sure what will happen with Jennings. Has the size to be a decent winger. He's serviceable as depth in the outside backs, so a new contract would have to reflect that. With Simpkins coming through the ranks, Liddle is on borrowed time, which is a shame because the injuries are not his fault.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I find it a testament to Madge's ability as a coach that he got us a whisker within finals with such an inexperienced team and so much cap space sitting on the sidelines.

You look at the Dragons, Titans, Knights rosters, majority of those players would walk into our starting 13 yet as a team they finished below us.

I feel Madge has laid the foundation for this club to become a regular finals footy team, but there are some serious holes we need to patch up:
Hooker
Fullback
Regular kicker
Outside back with genuine pace
Pack Leader

I don't see us fixing these holes by round 1 but as many have mentioned, we do have a lot of cap space potentially being freed up for 2021 and beyond. If teams like the ones I mentioned above continue to implode over 2020 season I have a feeling we will see an all out raid from Tigers for 2021 season and the formation of a very well balanced squad

super_coach

First Grade
Melbourne have cap problems, JAC wants to come to Sydney ASAP and Storm want a centre. Also Smith out for a month so Grant is needed. There just might be some talks going on at present, and not about a loan deal, more a permanent swap.

probably a load of rubbish, but makes sense

BrotherJim05

Bench
Melbourne have cap problems, JAC wants to come to Sydney ASAP and Storm want a centre. Also Smith out for a month so Grant is needed. There just might be some talks going on at present, and not about a loan deal, more a permanent swap.

probably a load of rubbish, but makes sense

JAC definitely solves our pace out wide problem. I just don't see it happening. Likely Bunnies or Roosters will sign him for 500k over 4 years and a $5 million apartment will appear out of thin air under his name

super_coach

First Grade
JAC definitely solves our pace out wide problem. I just don't see it happening. Likely Bunnies or Roosters will sign him for 500k over 4 years and a $5 million apartment will appear out of thin air under his name

reported on another forum that someone was at a bar and went up to the Fox and asked him when was he coming back to the Tigers and the Fox said, it could happen very soon.
My guess a wind up...but you never know

BrotherJim05

Bench
reported on another forum that someone was at a bar and went up to the Fox and asked him when was he coming back to the Tigers and the Fox said, it could happen very soon.

Maybe if we released Momo to Storm and paid a chunk of his salary to help their salary cap they would agree to give us JAC. I just can't see Storm releasing him any time soon but yeah never know

Tiger Ted

Bench
Wishful thinking albeit pie in the sky

Tigerm

First Grade
Maybe if we released Momo to Storm and paid a chunk of his salary to help their salary cap they would agree to give us JAC. I just can't see Storm releasing him any time soon but yeah never know
I think Momo as the GK and centre will prove to as much value as JAC.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have JAC back here, but maybe a swap with another player?

Phil Gould

Juniors
:D:D
I think Momo as the GK and centre will prove to as much value as JAC.
Don't get me wrong, I would love to have JAC back here, but maybe a swap with another player?
Spot on, but who else could they swap? Reynolds, Packer and M’bye. And we pay a portion of their salary. Lol

Tigerm

First Grade
:D:D
Spot on, but who else could they swap? Reynolds, Packer and M’bye. And we pay a portion of their salary. Lol
For me, it's Mbye. He doesn't carry a lot of baggage and is a current SOO player, though hasn't shown that with us:)
Packer may get a retirement or he may come good.
Reynolds, well Benji should finish up at the end of this season?

And I think we will have to pay for the privilege.

Phil Gould

Juniors
For me, it's Mbye. He doesn't carry a lot of baggage and is a current SOO player, though hasn't shown that with us:)
Packer may get a retirement or he may come good.
Reynolds, well Benji should finish up at the end of this season?

And I think we will have to pay for the privilege.
M’bye would be ideal

Latest posts