What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints have signed Billy Brittain

Dragonsamy

Bench
25 years old and only played 2 first grade games, plus Souths were happy to just hand him over ...yeah I have my doubts.

RedVDave,
They have Damien Cook and a young gun named Joshua Cook he is only 20 and looks the goods.
I understand what your saying but.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
They must not rate Lovodua. Good choice by BB though I’ve never heard of him but he’s 25 so it’s probably a risk worth taking for him. He should get a solid month to show his stuff if not to us the other NRL clubs to try to jag a contact. These are exactly the type of players we should be targeting. Good mid twenties odd players that are stuck behind legends keen to show what they have. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement.

BLM01

First Grade
If Merrin is at 98kg's then he is full on being groomed into the lock position. He needs more mobility for that role and given his height, listed at 181cm, he really needs the right height/weight ratio.

Cameron Murray for example is 184cm and 90kg's
Merrin.v Murray worlds apart re mobility. Merrin at 98 kg / 181cm if at all true is a waste IMO he should play prop only and languishing around the 105+ being in similAr shape and size he was at Penrith under Griffin

Dragonsamy

Bench
They must not rate Lovodua. Good choice by BB though I’ve never heard of him but he’s 25 so it’s probably a risk worth taking for him. He should get a solid month to show his stuff if not to us the other NRL clubs to try to jag a contact. These are exactly the type of players we should be targeting. Good mid twenties odd players that are stuck behind legends keen to show what they have. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Forbes you make to much sense as per usual

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I really like his attitude on his return.

He sounds really grateful for the opportunity and keen to really have a good crack...
Lets hope so, my Missus is a Panthers fan after all the games he was the bloke who stayed around the longest signing kids autographs etc. Comes across to me a really great bloke, imo cant underestimate the morale boost to a team a bloke like that can make, especially if he can play a bit. Id be shocked if he wasn't mentioned in Gus's review too just quietly.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Now this BB T&T signing has me intrigued. It is for 4 weeks. However, we need to finalise our top 29 basically by the end of next week.

So, likely scenarios are:
1. Promoting 2 of the DS players. Opening the door players such as Ramsay, Gale or Wishart to the DS.
2. Promoting 1 DS player & Cody Ramsay

If BB gets through the 4 weeksxhe joins as the #30 player ie: squad filled.
The JDB case could open the door for someone like Gale to be added.

We will learn a lot from the trial tomorrow, especially from those on the fringe of the NRL squad. Interesting point that SSE andcthe Feagai brosxare playingbin both CC and NRL which may give some clue to where they are at with their development.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Now this BB T&T signing has me intrigued. It is for 4 weeks. However, we need to finalise our top 29 basically by the end of next week.

So, likely scenarios are:
1. Promoting 2 of the DS players. Opening the door players such as Ramsay, Gale or Wishart to the DS.
2. Promoting 1 DS player & Cody Ramsay

If BB gets through the 4 weeksxhe joins as the #30 player ie: squad filled.
The JDB case could open the door for someone like Gale to be added.

We will learn a lot from the trial tomorrow, especially from those on the fringe of the NRL squad. Interesting point that SSE andcthe Feagai brosxare playingbin both CC and NRL which may give some clue to where they are at with their development.
I would imagine Ramsey is a no brainer, the other will be interesting.

Last edited:

emu62

Juniors
Lovodua was going to The Tigers but McWrecker convinced him to stay then 2 days later they announced the signing of Issac Luke. A real kick in the guts for Lovodua. and now another signing Not sure what he has done wrong, IMO he has always performed wellf .Any wonder our juniors have no faith in this club

epDragon62

First Grade
Lovodua was going to The Tigers but McWrecker convinced him to stay then 2 days later they announced the signing of Issac Luke. A real kick in the guts for Lovodua. and now another signing Not sure what he has done wrong, IMO he has always performed wellf .Any wonder our juniors have no faith in this club
If you are correct it is a real mystery, however, I can imagine Billy being offered to the club after McInnes goes down and the club deciding he's worth giving a shot.

It may be a great outcome and Joe may actually still shine.

BLM01

First Grade
And people on here reckon Mary has no say in recruitment...ha. Millward spilt the beans.... “the coaches cane to me and said sign another hooker”. Don’t anyone kid themselves our team or any deficiencies has a McRudderless footprint all over it

Dragon David

First Grade
And people on here reckon Mary has no say in recruitment...ha. Millward spilt the beans.... “the coaches cane to me and said sign another hooker”. Don’t anyone kid themselves our team or any deficiencies has a McRudderless footprint all over it

We sign a lot of rejects and there are some rejects from other clubs rejecting us. I guess we have become the Reject Shop of the NRL.

possm

Coach
Who the f..k is he ? Again give lovadova a go for fu..s sake.Why buy in roadblocks ? OR is he a sensational pick up ?
So now we have 5 hookers:
McInnes
Hunt
Luke
Lovadova
Brittian

Would have rather we had used the salary for Lovadova and Brittian and just kept Robson:
McInnes
Robson
Hunt - for an emergency

Latest posts