What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Trial 1

Adam Doueihi
Alex Seyfarth
Austin Dias
Billy Walters
Brendan O'Hagan
Chris McQueen
Elijah Taylor
Etuale Lui
Jake Simpkin
Jock Madden
Joe Taipari
Jordin Leiu
Josh Reynolds
Logen Dillon
Luciano Leilua
Matheson Johns
Matt Eisenhuth
Michael Chee Kam
Oliver Clark
Reece Hoffman
Sam McIntyre
Terrell May
Tommy Talau
Vea Tapaatoutai
William Kei
Zac Cini
Zane Musgrove

Squad for 1st trial, plenty of 'fringe' players, not much you can read into the list except that;
* Following week looks like starting back line will play together for 1st time
* Same with the forwards for following week,
* The likes of Doueihi, Leilua, Eisenhuth, Chee Kam, Clark & Musgrove will no doubt be playing in following trial as well.

Vozzy

Juniors
Was wondering if the players not named like Brooks, benji, Thompson mean Madge has them penciled in for round 1 and these guys are trying to make the team. That would mean thompson and Jennings would be his choices ATM.

Tiger05

First Grade
Was wondering if the players not named like Brooks, benji, Thompson mean Madge has them penciled in for round 1 and these guys are trying to make the team. That would mean thompson and Jennings would be his choices ATM.

I can't see Thompson,Jennings and Nofo in the team unless Doueihi misses out completely. That squad looks like a 2nd grade squad with some first graders thrown in.

The unknown

Juniors
Apart from Leilua, Musgrove and Doueihi I’m guessing the make up of this team is mainly our reserves/depth. Keen to see our future #9 and QLD dummy half kill it (Simpkins)

I'd say that's a certainty Vozzy, that's where they finished, Madge hasn't moved the likes of Jennings on so fair enough.

That squad looks like a 2nd grade squad with some first graders thrown in.
That's why they are called trials, no one plays their top 17 as a 17 in a trial. You might even see they top 13 run on for the last 1/4 of a trial.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Does anyone else have more confidence in our squad this year or is it just me?

I already think we are good for backs at least (for the first time in a decade).
Best squad in ages.If we can medically retire Packer it enhances our position immensely re strengthening our squad further in the short term.Madge is doing a fabulous job with recruitment & talent identification.Wont surprise if we become a powerhouse under Madge’s stewardship as I expect Madge to b running the show @ concord long term.

Das Hassler

Bench
Best squad in ages.If we can medically retire Packer it enhances our position immensely re strengthening our squad further in the short term.Madge is doing a fabulous job with recruitment & talent identification.Wont surprise if we become a powerhouse under Madge’s stewardship as I expect Madge to b running the show @ concord long term.

If Madge stays longterm it follows that the evolving roster will be comprised of players who knew what they were in for coming in and are up for the challenge. ...that's a formula for one hardarsed team. People point out the souths burnout but he claims he knows the mistakes he made during that first ( successful) tenure in the NRL and knows how not to have that happen again.
At this point looking forward and all things considered it's hard to imagine how we could be in much better shape. I really believe that what Matterson " didn't sign up for" will be our bedrock

WA Tiger

Bench
I can't see Thompson,Jennings and Nofo in the team unless Doueihi misses out completely. That squad looks like a 2nd grade squad with some first graders thrown in.
They will obviously end up all playing..Madge just wants to see AD at centre see how he looks there

Das Hassler

Bench
Trying to figure out how 6 fit into five or whatever isnt worth worrying about at the start of each brand spanking new season...injuries come visiting soon enough and the chips fall where they do. Quality depth carries a club to the finish line...these hi impact days more than ever

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just to let everyone know I am pretty sure the trial is going to be broadcast on FOX. I have Kayo and I can see it as an upcoming game.

I think it’s just on kayo for some reason. The warriors trial next week is definitely on fox though

Tiger05

First Grade
It's definitely on the Kayo menu which makes me assume it's on Fox but I could be completely wrong.

The Rosco

Bench
From the little I know . . . Tonight's trial is being livestreamed on the WT site, and it's also on the NRL app thingy.
I don't think FOX is showing this one.

WA Tiger

Bench
They will obviously end up all playing..Madge just wants to see AD at centre see how he looks there
Always hopeful ..Naturally Madge will want a look at AD at fullback as well today..I just thought would be an opportunity to see what he’s got in different positions..

Tiger05

First Grade
From the little I know . . . Tonight's trial is being livestreamed on the WT site, and it's also on the NRL app thingy.

A mate has Fox and it wasn't listed on his menu but it is on my Kayo menu. It's pretty bizarre to me and I suppose I'll find out tonight.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m pretty sure that just contains a link to the NRL sign up form to watch it which didn’t link for me ..

The unknown

Juniors
1. Adam Doueihi
2. Zac Cini
3. Tommy Talau
4. Matheson Johns
5. Reece Hoffman
6. Josh Reynolds
7. Jock Maddem
8. Oliver Clark
9. Billy Walters
10. Zane Musgrove