What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign frizell now!!

possm

Coach
If Friz does go, especially if he seeks early release we are very light on for forwards. If this happens Mary has to fall on his sword. The whole he is not going anywhere while im here speech seems to be code for its a done deal he's gone.
To me I just feel Tyson looks burned out, he had a lot of injuries last year and has played a hell of a lot of footy over the past few years with all the rep stuff and a lot of time at lock as a battering ram. I honestly think he needs a sea change and see what it would be like to play under a decent coach.
Mary has not the integrity to fall on his sword, if he did he would have done it long ago given the mess he has presided over.

Frank Facer

First Grade
He's 28, 29 next year. To be fair, Saints have been right on a few of these situations previously (i.e., Merrin, Dugan).

If JDB gets off, it makes some sense as well. If he doesn't they should be cashed up next offseason especially if Graham retires. Not that anyone will want to play under McGregor...
We should have Graham, Aitken, Lafai and Frizell money to spend on the 2021 cap.

BLM01

First Grade
I know I will be criticised for saying this but I do not think that Frizell is worth the money he might now be seeking. If he is after a premiership, he certainly won't win one playing for the Knights.

His defence might be sound, however, his attack is generally one dimensional and lacks ball playing skills. He has a few mistakes in him and plays the ball poorly a lot of times. I really haven't seen him set up plays for his outside backs and most times he just charges ahead without thought of dummying and passing.

If he leaves the Dragons, so be it and we just get on with life without him.
That will do me. Now we don’t care if we discard our best forward and he walks...saying he is not worth it!.
Good to see you named a better replacement since he is such a crap player.

Crush

Coach
That will do me. Now we don’t care if we discard our best forward and he walks...saying he is not worth it!.
I agree with @Dragon David on this one.
I've said for a while Frizell is predictable in attack. He rarely offloads and always runs the same angle. You cannot question his commitment and strength but he isn't all that dynamic. Ive heard a number of people from opposition clubs say the same thing about him.
I hope he stays because he always gives 100% (unlike our halves) but if he leaves us at 29 then so be it. We got the best out of him (coaching excluded).

TruSaint

Referee
I've said for a while Frizell is predictable in attack. He rarely offloads and always runs the same angle. You cannot question his commitment and strength but he isn't all that dynamic. Ive heard a number of people from opposition clubs say the same thing about him.
I hope he stays because he always gives 100% (unlike our halves) but if he leaves us at 29 then so be it. We got the best out of him (coaching excluded).

I tend to agree with you.

BLM01

First Grade
Opinions vary that is what makes this forum enjoyable. If Frizzell had a decent coach to use him properly he would be a better player in attack running holes off good plays out wide and not use him as a battering ram too often.... If I was coach i would have him defending in the middle not on a edge. He plants his feet in defence and better suited running up and meeting players head on in the middle not on a edge among sliding or up and in umbrella style defence.

possm

Coach
Maybe Frizell is playing to instructions. If he decides to stay, let's see how he plays when Flanagan is in charge.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Agree 100% I can't remember the last time I saw Frizz try and hit the hole between the 2nd row and centre. Which is a shame because he's so quick for his size. Loves him some of that cutting back into the pigs though...
I'd rather he stayed, but wouldn't lose any sleep if he left. Much the same as Merrin a few years back.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Friz is still a fair way ahead of Host and Ford and Sims but lets be honest Ford and Host looked very good in the trial and their trajectory forward makes them very hard to deny a 17 spot and maybe even an edge spot.

They were both hungry yest Ford and Host and looked NRL to me and have plenty of upside

Friz two years for sure but 3/4 years means we loose great emerging value backrowers in HOST and FORD.

Dragon David

First Grade

I'm not saying he is a crap player, just not worth the money when there are several younger guys in the squad who can do the job for less. Host and Ford are quite capable.

Latest posts