What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial V Tigers

franklin2323

Immortal
Nothing against Luai or Cleary, but May is just a natural footy player. Out for a year, comes back and just picks up like he has never been away. More variation in one game from him than the other two for a season. Burton and May would be a great halves combination. Cleary and Api as our hookers.

How good was May

kinghippo

Juniors
That was a great trial. Creighton and Naden seem to have really made the most of the off season.
I thought May would have tried not to be noticed, that hair was shocking but I am starting to remember why he had big wraps. His running game was strong as was his D.
Daine and Burton were very impressive.
Mansour and whare look like dinosaurs, the game is to fast for them.
All in all, the pressure has been put on by all the right people, hopefully Cleary picks on form.

franklin2323

Immortal
That was a great trial. Creighton and Naden seem to have really made the most of the off season.
I thought May would have tried not to be noticed, that hair was shocking but I am starting to remember why he had big wraps. His running game was strong as was his D.
Daine and Burton were very impressive.
Mansour and whare look like dinosaurs, the game is to fast for them.
All in all, the pressure has been put on by all the right people, hopefully Cleary picks on form.

Mansour had a few good reads in defence and a few carries. No mistakes but Whare is past it

Dave's mate

Juniors
Mansour had a few good reads in defence and a few carries. No mistakes but Whare is past it
Yeah which is odd because Whare never based his game on physical attributes. Thought he'd be the type to be consistent till his mid 30s (Gus obviously did too) but yeah he's cooked

Pomoz

Bench
We have more speed coming just need to pension off a few old guys
It will make such a difference to our attack. Even Brandy would struggle to create tries with the carthorses we had on the wings last year, until Too played. People forget that DWZ was our other winger and he is just as slow as Mansour. Throw in a clearly ageing Whare and the ability to create space in the backs is almost nil. Maybe Cleary can really improve with better "weapons" at his disposal.

Pomoz

Bench
The back row of Burns, Cartwright and Hethrington looked mobile as hell too. Yeo, Kikau and JFH should be able to play reduced minutes this year. We will have some real impact coming off the bench

betcats

Referee
May is just a good footy player, he would do well in a lot of positions. Expected a bit of rust but he was very good.

Laurie was very good at the back, he handled it well physically and has a great passing game from what I saw last season, had some nice long cut passes to put guys away.

Crichton looks to good to leave out tbh, you couldn’t have Whare in the side over him.

The young hooker did well also, he looks like a good player.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah which is odd because Whare never based his game on physical attributes. Thought he'd be the type to be consistent till his mid 30s (Gus obviously did too) but yeah he's cooked

I can get him not doing much in attack but a poor read to lead to their try and another couple that got saved. I was a fan but can’t defend him any more

Zampaa

Juniors
Dwz was just a Mansour who put in effort once a month in 2019 for us.

It will make such a difference to our attack. Even Brandy would struggle to create tries with the carthorses we had on the wings last year, until Too played. People forget that DWZ was our other winger and he is just as slow as Mansour. Throw in a clearly ageing Whare and the ability to create space in the backs is almost nil. Maybe Cleary can really improve with better "weapons" at his disposal.

franklin2323

Immortal

I thought Naden would keep developing and looks to of. Mansour to an extent looks better. I want to see how we go with a bit of spark at FB though. That too me is what we lack. Speed or ball playing something

betcats

Referee
The back row of Burns, Cartwright and Hethrington looked mobile as hell too. Yeo, Kikau and JFH should be able to play reduced minutes this year. We will have some real impact coming off the bench

Burns is another natural footy player, he positioned himself perfectly on that long try we scored and played big part in it. We really have the makings of a great forward pack I think.

franklin2323

Immortal
May is just a good footy player, he would do well in a lot of positions. Expected a bit of rust but he was very good.

Laurie was very good at the back, he handled it well physically and has a great passing game from what I saw last season, had some nice long cut passes to put guys away.

Crichton looks to good to leave out tbh, you couldn’t have Whare in the side over him.

The young hooker did well also, he looks like a good player.

I think Crichton will be a rep centre one day. I rate him best of the new bunch

My conern with him was the physical side of it but he handled it well

franklin2323

Immortal
Burns is another natural footy player, he positioned himself perfectly on that long try we scored and played big part in it. We really have the makings of a great forward pack I think.

He is one that has benefited from going slow but I’d play him centre round 1