What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

Dragonslayer

First Grade
This is the Round 1 side that Mary will pick:

Lomax
Ravalawa
Lafai
Aitken
Pereira
Norman
Hunt
Graham
Luke
Vaughan
Tariq
Friz
Merrin

Lawrie
Kerr
Ford
Sailor

No point trying to put forward your own teams because it will be nowhere near what gets selected.

Thats pretty much spot on. We know McGregors liking for his favourires.

I can just see Flanno sitting back and saying (in an Emperor Palpatine voice) "good, ...good"

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
George
whats happening with the young fullback we signed from the bush for this year hows he going at training and whats his contract status is he being looked at for CC ?
Silverman?

Expected to graduate to CC this year, depending on injuries we may even see him push for a 1st grade wing spot before end of the year..

Lord knows we could do with his pace in the outside backs..

qld redvee

Juniors
Silverman?

Expected to graduate to CC this year, depending on injuries we may even see him push for a 1st grade wing spot before end of the year..

Lord knows we could do with his pace in the outside backs..
no muz not silverman i think shiller or similar - last year was still at school and was playing in the top grade for his town

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
no muz not silverman i think shiller or similar - last year was still at school and was playing in the top grade for his town
Paul Similar is still only u/15..

No chance.

Think James Schiller is not even 18 yet either..

George Dragon

Juniors
George
whats happening with the young fullback we signed from the bush for this year hows he going at training and whats his contract status is he being looked at for CC ?
Lets cut thru the the other BS
James Schiller and he is 19 this year.
He played in the Flegg trial V raiders on the weekend.
I was talking to him yesterday the boys had a good win but he was not happy with his game. A bit rusty and still settling in to the team.

Como Connection

First Grade
I was talking to him yesterday the boys had a good win but he was not happy with his game. A bit rusty and still settling in to the team.
How do you rate Adam Arkley, I was talking to his mum today and he knocked back an offer from the Sharks.
Loves Kyle Stanley and very impressed with Flanno's coaching.
CC

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I hear Paul Similar is better than Schiller was in the u/15’s.. Would you agree?

George Dragon

Juniors
How do you rate Adam Artley, I was talking to his mum today and he knocked back an offer from the Sharks.
Loves Kyle Stanley and very impressed with Flanno's coaching.
CC
I was just talking to the Assistant coach about him. We got him from St Joeys, second year of SG for him.
Graham rates him highly, keen and willing to listen.
He is a big unit and can ball play. Carved up the Pirates on the weekend, he will have to up his fitness thou.

Como Connection

First Grade
I was just talking to the Assistant coach about him. We got him from St Joeys, second year of SG for him.
Graham rates him highly, keen and willing to listen.
He is a big unit and can ball play. Carved up the Pirates on the weekend, he will have to up his fitness thou.
Como before Joeys.
CC

qld redvee

Juniors
Thanks George so in flegg to "hone " his skills and game lets hope he develops into a great prospect - once again thanks for the info

Crush

Coach
Just watching world club challenge.
Watching the Roosters and St Helan run around is depressing. They are so far ahead of Dragons its not funny.
Back line attacking play sweeps out wide for Roosters and Joseph Manu gets the ball, he does the rest through speed, size and skill dragging 4 players over the line.
Dragons never score that try.
Our 1-17 is rubbish.
Sorry.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
- Zac at Fullback is good for now. I still believe he's a stronger centre, but while Cody is still developing, it's Zac's spot to lose.

- Wings are a difficult one. No star factor there at the moment. I'm keen to see Cody get a run at wing this season as he's so fast and his height is a massive advantage. He needs to get his body ready for it though. For now, i'm happy with any of Rav, Jordy or Saab.

- As for the centres, Williame deserves a shot I think. Laf is just so stale these days, at least Williame has speed as well as an offload.
Aitken... meh. The sooner one of the Feagai brothers takes his place, or Ramsey at FB and Zac to right Centre, the better.
Also would be keen to see how Rava goes in the centres if Mary had some imagination....

- Hunt and Norman will be the halves. Nothing will change there. I've seen talk of Clune at 5/8 and Hunt to hooker while Cam is out, but it won't happen. Cluney is an awesome back up though, offers so much more than Nicholls ever did.
Hunt is a 5/8 for the record. Should never be allowed to organise the team.

- Start front rowers need to be Kerr and Vaughan. Graham is done. He should be running drinks or starting off the bench.
I've been very vocally anti-Kerr in the past, but I love being proved wrong, he's rising, and quickly too.

- Hooker, Mcinnes when back. Luke/Billy Brittain while he's injured.

- Frizz, Sims, Merrin back row.

- Bench is an interesting one. I would be throwing fresh blood in there for sure. Tyrell off the bench could be explosive for us, I like him in the 17. I also really like the look of Blacker and I think his size would be a great impact when he learns to run like Kerr does. Graham will take the other bench spot. Wouldn't have him playing any more than 40 minutes.
Lawrie misses out for me.
Luke will take a bench spot, because Mary.

Keeping a close eye on SSE, the Feagai twins, Luke Gale and Cody Ramsay.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I wonder if Mary is licking his lips or quivering at this point

l think it’s taken the pressure off him by allowing him to trot out ‘injuries’ as as excuses.

Plus it also allows him play to his strengths in Lafai & Aitken, the only two players in our team that for some reason, never get injured....... funny that.

Latest posts