What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker for 2020

Walpole

Juniors
Going on past experience, Hunt was off and on last season and I would say more off than on. I would also say that if he brought his best game to the team each week we would have had a win more often.

For me Norman would do a better job running the team and Sailor definitely has a very good attacking game although his defensive skills still need attention.

It looks like we won't have De Belin for 2020 and to me Merrin is more valuable as a prop and to round it all off, I don't believe Luke will play many first grade games this season. Lova still is not killing it in CC and so until he shines, I'd rather see him learn his skills there. Until McInnes is fit to play, mMy forward pack would be:

8. Merrin
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. Frizell

14. Luke
15. Graham
16. Kerr
17. Lawrie

Halves
6. Sailor
7. Norman
Looks like it's not just Mary who can overcomplicate things.

7. Hunt...

Frank Facer

First Grade
Hunt is our best 7 and that's where he needs to stay.

Luke to 9 and Lovodua to the bench to cover.

Let's not screw the team just to cover one missing player for 2 straight seasons please...
I think Norman is our best 7 and that is where he needs to play. I think Hunt is better suited to 5/8 or hooker.

Gippsy

Bench
Amen! Last year Lovodua was starting hooker for Fiji v a Samoan team that contained NRL regulars from 1-17. The Fijians flogged them and Lovodua scored a nice solo try. He's up to it, imo

Agree, anyone know why Lovodua seems to be out of favour?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Going on past experience, Hunt was off and on last season and I would say more off than on. I would also say that if he brought his best game to the team each week we would have had a win more often.

For me Norman would do a better job running the team and Sailor definitely has a very good attacking game although his defensive skills still need attention.

It looks like we won't have De Belin for 2020 and to me Merrin is more valuable as a prop and to round it all off, I don't believe Luke will play many first grade games this season. Lova still is not killing it in CC and so until he shines, I'd rather see him learn his skills there. Until McInnes is fit to play, mMy forward pack would be:

8. Merrin
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. Frizell

14. Luke
15. Graham
16. Kerr
17. Lawrie

Halves
6. Sailor
7. Norman

Luke looked pretty ordinary last night- but then again Brandon Smith was an impossible act to follow. Agree about Hunt but I think Adam Clune is the classic, out and out half back the club needs and who should be promoted to the top 30 - probably won't be though. I feel Merrins' future is at 13 - his days as a prop are over and his body shape reflects this change.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

8. Merrin
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. Frizell

14. Luke
15. Graham
16. Kerr
17. Lawrie

Halves
6. Sailor
7. Norman

Other than kicking a brace of field goals against Brisbane and Newcastle respectively, what else did Norman bring to the table last year?

You can add Corey’s last season with Parramatta to that conundrum.

Hunt’s perceived inconsistencies are predicated by shouldering the team’s attack on his own.

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
Other than kicking a brace of field goals against Brisbane and Newcastle respectively, what else did Norman bring to the table last year?

Yiu can add Corey’s last season with Parramatta to that conundrum.

Hunt’s perceived inconsistencies are predicated by shouldering the team’s attack on his own.

Much the same way Widdop had to do in previous years. We just can't seem to get the right combination.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Much the same way Widdop had to do in previous years. We just can't seem to get the right combination.

SGI had the right combination last year (as evidenced by the first six-to-eight weeks of 2018), but what did (and McIdiot) do?

Widdop to fullback, then panics into getting Norman.....MADNESS!

Coffs dragon

Bench

You can add Corey’s last season with Parramatta to that conundrum.

Totally agree and I really can’t stand Norman as a Dragon. I’d rather Ben Hunt & young Clune be paired together in the halves & send Norman North of the wall back to QLD!

Latest posts