What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

Where Will Penrith Finish in 2020?

• 1-4

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • 9-12

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 13-16

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs

Coach
Don't want to create endless discussion threads but I like a poll. Always good to see the mindset of fans pre-season vs mid-way.

I'm optimistic but I feel we sit just outside the 8. Plenty of potential in guys like Naden/Crichton but like Girds I think our attack will struggle again. It means we need to improve big time as a defensive side. No Maloney to look after which should make that easier. It wouldn't take a whole lot for this team to finish just inside the 8 at the same time.

OldPanther

Coach
I think we'll have enough to make the 8 but some of those top team will be beyond us. We've got new combinations and our backline is in a transition period with some good young guys who'll get us a few wins though. Particularly Naden, Crighton, Cleary to have big years.

Sime_11

Juniors
10 or worse unfortunately- still not sold on the attack and the longer the season progresses, the quality teams will show the gap we need to make up to be serious competitors...

Wont be long before some fans start baying for Cleary blood...

Whino

Bench
Depends how long the underwelming backline of

Aekins
Mansour
Naden
Whare
To’o

get really

Crichton needs to be in there ahead of Sauce or Whare. I don't care if it treads on their toes. In my eyes he is ahead of both of them.
I can understand if Ivan wants to play it safe with a designated fullback in Aekins against the Roosters and Storm but Crichton needs to be in the team somewhere too. Start him against Parramatta next week.
We need a good start. The last couple of years of poor starts can't continue.

Crashtest

Juniors
10 or worse unfortunately- still not sold on the attack and the longer the season progresses, the quality teams will show the gap we need to make up to be serious competitors...

Wont be long before some fans start baying for Cleary blood...

I actually think the opposite, and think we will get better as the season progresses.

I think we will have a tough start, and if we are lucky be 2 and 5 at best. But will get better as the the spine has time to gel, can sort out whether Luai holds his spot or gets replaced by Burton, and hopefully whoever takes Edwards spot can make it there own so Edwads isn’t a walk up start when fit.

My prediction is 5 to 8.

Abacus

Juniors
Impossible to say based on a good win against a depleted side who I think will finish bottom 6. Need to see what happens in next week's trial before we get too excited about making the 8.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'll wait to see how we look after proper trials against near full strength sides with our near full strength side. Im torn between 5-8 and 9-12. We will most likely sit somewhere in that region of the ladder.

I would lean toward outside the top 8 at the moment. But injuries to those middle teams could change the fortunes of them.

betcats

Referee
We look like a much fitter and happier side than last year. I don’t see us starting 2-8 again either so I think we finish in the 8 probably around 6th.

franklin2323

Immortal
Impossible to say based on a good win against a depleted side who I think will finish bottom 6. Need to see what happens in next week's trial before we get too excited about making the 8.

I have said before the trials we look a better team then last year.. just need to select the right 17 now

franklin2323

Immortal
We look like a much fitter and happier side than last year. I don’t see us starting 2-8 again either so I think we finish in the 8 probably around 6th.

We were only 2 wins out of the 8. Look 3-4 win better side that gets us in the 8

betcats

Referee
We were only 2 wins out of the 8. Look 3-4 win better side that gets us in the 8

Yep we basically swapped Jimmy for api and Egan for Luai or Burton, rcg for Tetevano and capewell. We look a lot fitter. I don’t understand how we will go backwards as some are claiming. We’ve had a very good offseason compared to last years shit fight.

OldPanther

Coach
Yep we basically swapped Jimmy for api and Egan for Luai or Burton, rcg for Tetevano and capewell. We look a lot fitter. I don’t understand how we will go backwards as some are claiming. We’ve had a very good offseason compared to last years shit fight.

Surely the less disruptive pre-season is worth at least 1 or 2 wins. They got beat Titans, Dogs etc. Which we'd normally win.