What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

For me, AEW has the opposite problem to what the WWF had in the early 90’s. Then, everyone seemingly was over 6’5” so they had no big guys (except maybe Giant Gonzales, and that didn’t really work out well). Now, AEW has a lot of people under 6’ and 90kgs so they have no real under dogs because everyone is small and athletic. They have booked Jungle Boy & Darby Allin very well to be that guy, but visually theyre not too much different to most of the roster.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Cage, Harper, and Hager actually being able to wrestle would be a start to giving them a little extra size.

Not sure who else is out there/becoming available who would make a difference.

Cage, Harper, and Hager actually being able to wrestle would be a start to giving them a little extra size.

Not sure who else is out there/becoming available who would make a difference.
The best ones out there that are big guys and not with the WWE or Impact are Alexander Hammerstone, Davey Boy Smith Jr, and Killer Kross.

Hammerstone and Smith are signed to MLW, but I believe both signed contracts before AEW was a thing so would be free to join (which is how AEW got MJF).

Kross was just released by Impact. If he were to sign anywhere I think it would be more likely NXT as his partner Scarlett Bordeaux is also there. Kross is a genuinely menacing big guy, and is money if used right.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, I've read that Kross is a near certainty to be going to the WWE. Even rumours he'll be fast-tracked.

Is it just me or have the young bucks and omega been disappointing in aew? I know they are trying to bring other guys up and it makes sense, but compare to their characters on the YouTube show, they’ve been really Ho hum thus far imo

to a lesser degree would also say the same about SCu

Big Pete

Referee
Top to bottom, I thought this week's episode was the strongest Dynamite episode to date. All five matches delivered and Cobb was a really good get for the company. I thought it was smart they had Jericho announce it ahead of time. It avoided another awkward Dark Order or Butch and the Blade type moments.

Top to bottom, I thought this week's episode was the strongest Dynamite episode to date. All five matches delivered and Cobb was a really good get for the company. I thought it was smart they had Jericho announce it ahead of time. It avoided another awkward Dark Order or Butch and the Blade type moments.

agree with the exception of the riho match. What she kicked out of looked so stupid

Big Pete

Referee
agree with the exception of the riho match. What she kicked out of looked so stupid

Do you mean the Avalanche Death Valley Driver?

I didn't mind it because Riho is a tenacious performer and the match was more than kicking out big moves. What I liked about it is that Riho stayed on Nyla the entire match and wasn't afraid to take risks to get to her. For instance when she used the table as a ramp-way, I thought that was a great spot since it was taking Nyla's gameplan and using it against her.

Did I enjoy it more than Becky/Asuka? No, but in a division that's struggling for direction I thought they took an important step forward.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Raven as a mouth piece would be awesome.
Not sure if he can physically go in the ring anymore, but give the man a mic!

Latest posts