What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tiger05

First Grade
f**k the nrl for screwing a really good idea re the trade. It's like they don't want the nrl to be anything but a 2nd tier sport to afl and cricket.

This trade to me is a real good one for us. I think Mbye now has to play at hooker but I'd play him at left centre and let him own that spot.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/fda25dcd16cdfa743d8b2b700116663c

WESTS TIGERS

Ins: Adam Doueihi (Rabbitohs), Billy Walters (Storm), Luciano Leilua (Dragons), Joey Leilua (Raiders)

Outs: Robbie Farah, Robbie Rochow, Ben Matulino (all retired), Mahe Fonua (Hull FC), Esan Marsters (Cowboys), Ryan Matterson (Eels)

Rating: B+: The Wests Tigers have made a late bolt to be one of the better off clubs in the recruitment world for 2020. Picking up Adam Doueihi and Joey Leilua will pay dividends especially after losing Esan Marsters. Ryan Matterson’s release is devastating for the club after he reached career-best form in 2019 but they’ve recruited accordingly with Luciano Leilua. Robbie Farah’s retirement has created headaches for coach Michael Maguire given replacement Jacob Liddle is recovering from an ACL injury. There plans for a swap-deal to take place with the Storm where the Tigers’ Paul Momirovski would head down to Melbourne for the 2020 season while their up and coming hooker Harry Grant would slot in for the Tigers. There were reports of roadblocks arising that’s stopped any progress on this deal happening but if Maguire can get his paws on Grant for the season they club would get a solid A.

………………………………..

There's a lot of hype around Harry Grant, (I don't anything about him) but I understand that he has only played 2 games of NRL, so it is a bit early to give him this type of buildup, IMO.

super_coach

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...d/news-story/fda25dcd16cdfa743d8b2b700116663c

WESTS TIGERS

Ins: Adam Doueihi (Rabbitohs), Billy Walters (Storm), Luciano Leilua (Dragons), Joey Leilua (Raiders)

Outs: Robbie Farah, Robbie Rochow, Ben Matulino (all retired), Mahe Fonua (Hull FC), Esan Marsters (Cowboys), Ryan Matterson (Eels)

Rating: B+: The Wests Tigers have made a late bolt to be one of the better off clubs in the recruitment world for 2020. Picking up Adam Doueihi and Joey Leilua will pay dividends especially after losing Esan Marsters. Ryan Matterson’s release is devastating for the club after he reached career-best form in 2019 but they’ve recruited accordingly with Luciano Leilua. Robbie Farah’s retirement has created headaches for coach Michael Maguire given replacement Jacob Liddle is recovering from an ACL injury. There plans for a swap-deal to take place with the Storm where the Tigers’ Paul Momirovski would head down to Melbourne for the 2020 season while their up and coming hooker Harry Grant would slot in for the Tigers. There were reports of roadblocks arising that’s stopped any progress on this deal happening but if Maguire can get his paws on Grant for the season they club would get a solid A.

………………………………..

There's a lot of hype around Harry Grant, (I don't anything about him) but I understand that he has only played 2 games of NRL, so it is a bit early to give him this type of buildup, IMO.

Pretty much agree with the rating, B plus is about right and yes if Grant did eventuate, it would push us up to A.

WA Tiger

Bench

WESTS TIGERS

………………………………..

. You do now.. A vs B+ We’ve got plenty of potential centres 2 competent goal kickers ..and no hooker of note ..it is worth the risk but it’s not happening so that’s our loss

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I don't know how good Grant is but we have a great opportunity in that position. I reckon that article is pretty spot on.

JB04

Juniors
I've noticed our membership numbers seem quite low in comparison to this period in 2019 , perhaps they havnt been updated as yet. In any case please push your family and freinds to consider jumping on board and at least help us win the supporter battle to be one of Sydneys best supported clubs.
The club I believe is healthier than ever and deserves to backed by as many members as possible.

100% mate. I’ll be honest I haven’t been a club member in a long time, 2010 to be precise, but I’ve jumped back on board this year. Last time i was a member the team made the preliminaries. Here’s to hoping I’m a good luck omen!

WA Tiger

Bench
f**k the nrl for screwing a really good idea re the trade. It's like they don't want the nrl to be anything but a 2nd tier sport to afl and cricket.
The point is how could they initiate something so radically different as a swap and not make sure both party’s are going to buy it. That’s arrogant and short sighted..V’landys has to have been part of that decision process and probably lead it

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Unpopular opinion, Richards was an ordinary player who our fans insanely over rate because of that one play. Yes it was amazing and in 60 years when we’ve just come 9th for the 57th time in 60 years I’ll still look back on it and smile, but it doesn’t make him any better. He went to wigan because no one here wanted him and when he came back was horrible but had a novelty big boot so people somehow over looked everything else.

He was solid for half a season, and we had plenty of others in that club. We were indeed happy to let him walk when languishing at the near bottom of the table. I do think he would have played for NSW if he stayed though considering how weak the Blues were. Hard career to rate. I enjoy the free flowing attack of Super League but NSW cup sides would compete with most of them.

For those who can't wait, you can watch the trial this weekend.

On Saturday, NRL.com will broadcast the Storm's clash with the Warriors at Palmerston North, Newcastle v Dragons at Maitland, Panthers v Tigers at Penrith

Shredder

Juniors
Agreed with an asterix.

If hes trained all offseason at 9 he would have been training with the top squad and on Saturday he wasnt playing with the same guys. I would guess their timing would be out.

Reynolds and Mbye are our two question marks. Will be interesting to see where Madge plays them.

I reckon Reynolds will end up on the bench.

Rhyno

First Grade
100% 05, Im hoping he starts the season at 8. And Reynolds sits on the bench as coverage.
I wouldn’t play him at prop I think Walters is more of a half/hooker

like I said after the nines I’d be starting Walters and have benji in reserves

The unknown

Juniors
I wouldn’t play him at prop I think Walters is more of a half/hooker

like I said after the nines I’d be starting Walters and have benji in reserves

And like we all say...get your drug induced opinions out of our forum