What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth every member of the Joint Venture Board should be separately assessing the performance of the NRL Team and putting forward recommendations fo improvement and potential opportunities for improvement.
The Dragons Board from 1956-1966 would have at least had a goal of making the Semi-finals if not Grand Final each year under the astute Frank Facer and winning ratios of under
60% would not have been tolerated let alone excused. The Dragons NRL Team in 2020 should make the Top 8 this year and no lame
excuses should be tolerated by the powers that be. Excellence not mediocrity should be
pursued with a passion!

I fully agree with you Dragon Revival , that should be the logic applied each and every year with a success orientated board . Also the absolute minimum that is to be expected from each and every department of the joint venture.

Anything less than that a is a failure , in which case those whom cannot cope with their position whatever it may be , should be shown the door and replaced with those whom are more capable.

Frank Facer was certainly one of if not the most astute managers that the game has ever seen and I had more than once heard the words “ What will we ever do when Frank is no longer around to guide the ship ! “ spoken back in those halcyon days of old .

But that was then and here we are now in the 21st century still supporting our Red and Whites but unfortunately the board that we have nowadays simply is not up to scratch , I won’t even attempt to compare them with Franks board as it would be an insult to the great man’s name .

Last edited:

jak

Bench
I fully agree with you Dragon Revival , that should be the logic applied each and every year with a success orientated board . Also the absolute minimum that is to be expected from each and every department of the joint venture.

Anything less than that a is a failure , in which case those whom cannot cope with their position whatever it may be , should be shown the door and replaced with those whom are more capable.

Frank Facer was certainly one of if not the most astute managers that the game has ever seen and I had more than once heard the words “ What will we ever do when Frank is no longer around to guide the ship ! “ spoken back in those halcyon days of old .

But that was then and here we are now in the 21st century still supporting our Red and Whites but unfortunately the board that we have nowadays simply is not up to scratch , I won’t even attempt to compare them with Franks board as it would be an insult to the great man’s name .
great post gareth, you make a lot of sense late at night

BBTB

Juniors

This mob of leeches
Won't let go, of their
Meal tickets....
Need a total clean out
of these imposters... Running our club...
No premiership, till we get the front office in order.......

denis preston

First Grade
Gareth every member of the Joint Venture Board should be separately assessing the performance of the NRL Team and putting forward recommendations fo improvement and potential opportunities for improvement.
The Dragons Board from 1956-1966 would have at least had a goal of making the Semi-finals if not Grand Final each year under the astute Frank Facer and winning ratios of under
60% would not have been tolerated let alone excused. The Dragons NRL Team in 2020 should make the Top 8 this year and no lame
excuses should be tolerated by the powers that be. Excellence not mediocrity should be
pursued with a passion!
In fairness the Dragons board of 1956-66 had a almost unlimited amount of money in a non salary cap world.

Gareth67

First Grade
great post gareth, you make a lot of sense late at night

Yes jak , after a long day I have the opportunity to reflect upon life’s shortcomings - a bit like that Yedo chap , but far better looking. :lying_face:

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Gareth67

First Grade
my god man you must be a bloody genius between 2-3 in the morning.

Your too kind jak , the truth of the matter is that we have just sold our home at auction and I was finally able to relax to a degree after what has proved to be a most trying year for the entire family . So from here on we will be able to enjoy life somewhat better than we had in the past .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Gareth as you know in 1956-66 the Dragons had money and competent personnel. Their scouts looked far and wide for talent and had succession planning of their roster. They looked at opportunities:-
Locals- Armstrong, Gasnier, Greaves, King, Pollard, Porter, Provan, Riley, Smith, Wilson
Manly- Lumsden
Newtown- Clay, Raper
NSW Country- Gourlay, Langlands, Walsh
Queensland- Rasmussen
England- Huddart
Rugby Union- Evans, James, Ryan
The Officials in the 1960's had great resourcefulness and vision successfully blending locals and imports creating an invincible team. There were no question marks over the abilities of the players similar to the operation of the Melbourne Storm.

jak

Bench
Your too kind jak , the truth of the matter is that we have just sold our home at auction and I was finally able to relax to a degree after what has proved to be a most trying year for the entire family . So from here on we will be able to enjoy life somewhat better than we had in the past .
I take it you have not told the kids about the move

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth as you know in 1956-66 the Dragons had money and competent personnel. Their scouts looked far and wide for talent and had succession planning of their roster. They looked at opportunities:-
Locals- Armstrong, Gasnier, Greaves, King, Pollard, Porter, Provan, Riley, Smith, Wilson
Manly- Lumsden
Newtown- Clay, Raper
NSW Country- Gourlay, Langlands, Walsh
Queensland- Rasmussen
England- Huddart
Rugby Union- Evans, James, Ryan
The Officials in the 1960's had great resourcefulness and vision successfully blending locals and imports creating an invincible team. There were no question marks over the abilities of the players similar to the operation of the Melbourne Storm.

They were in a class of their own D.R. No stone was left unturned in their search for players that could make the mighty Saint’s halo just that little bit brighter .

Could you imagine if the same gentlemen were running the NRL itself today , it would undoubtedly be Australia’s premiere sport - by a long way .

Latest posts