What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

Suitman

Post Whore
Lang Walker has thrown open the doors of stage one (PSQ4) of the $3.2 Parramatta Square project.

Billionaire property mogul Lang Walker is the first to admit he used to say Parramatta was terrible and he would be crazy to build there. But not now.

The Walker Corporation founder has given The Sunday Telegraph an exclusive tour of the first complete stage.

The four-tower project will be finished in 2022 and, by the following year, the City of Parramatta Council
said the city will officially overtake both North Sydney and Macquarie Park as Sydney’s second CBD in terms of office space.

Mr Walker said the influx of 35,000 white collar jobs into Parramatta will make a huge difference to the lives of people
who spend hours commuting into the CBD from Western Sydney.

By next month about 5000 state government workers will have relocated to 4 Parramatta Square
and last week the Parramatta Square underground pedestrian mall opened.

Mr Walker has also revealed banking giant Westpac will relocate an estimated 5000 workers to Parramatta Square within the next two years.

He’s also announced the team behind Sydney’s District Brasserie will open Ruse Bar & Brasserie in Parramatta,
making it one of the first venues to open in the new public domain.

Other food offerings include Betty’s Burgers, Harvey’s Hot Sandwiches, Fishbowl and Threefold Pastry.

“The activation of the outdoor dining hub within Parramatta Square will play a big part in creating a destination
in which Western Sydney people can work, dine and relax, seven days a week,” Mr Lang said of the restaurants, which open their doors late April.

NSW Government department Property NSW will be one of the major tenants.

“The City of Parramatta is expected to top one million square metres of office space by 2023,” Mr Newman said.

Based on information by Knight Frank, factoring in developments currently under construction,
we can estimate that Macquarie Park could top 950,000sq m of office stock by 2023,
while North Sydney is expected to eclipse 900,000sq m.

Paywalled - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...3aeb15f4329df2

Suitman

Post Whore
Townsville is looking great!
Would be a great away game trip now that it is so close to the city, as opposed to the old cow paddock out in the sticks.

Click on pics for full size.

44EbV17.jpg

x5OSm2L.jpg

DAvY7zY.jpg

WbtkhYR.jpg

TheRam

Coach
Would be a great away game trip now that it is so close to the city, as opposed to the old cow paddock out in the sticks.

44EbV17.jpg

x5OSm2L.jpg

DAvY7zY.jpg

WbtkhYR.jpg

These pictures look awesome. Can't wait for the first game.

84 Baby

Referee

44EbV17.jpg

x5OSm2L.jpg

DAvY7zY.jpg

WbtkhYR.jpg
My only query about it is why the open end? They’d rarely have day time events there so it seems a bit of waste. If they get some late arvo games there, it would be good though, depending direction of sun

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
My only query about it is why the open end? They’d rarely have day time events there so it seems a bit of waste. If they get some late arvo games there, it would be good though, depending direction of sun
Not sure if they planned it for this but it would help with air movement in the stadium. The humidity up there is perfect for disease. The more air movement in the stadium would help prevent more disease in the turf. They are finding it harder at Bankwest to prevent the diseases than it was at Pirtek.

84 Baby

Referee
Not sure if they planned it for this but it would help with air movement in the stadium. The humidity up there is perfect for disease. The more air movement in the stadium would help prevent more disease in the turf. They are finding it harder at Bankwest to prevent the diseases than it was at Pirtek.
:thumbsup_tone1:

Gronk

Staff member

My (south facing) Sir Walter is patchy IBBG. To I just top dress the brown bits and the runners will patch ? Or do I buy a roll at the nursery and transplant ?

It's not diseased, just recovering from a harsh summer and me only able to use a watering can.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
My (south facing) Sir Walter is patchy IBBG. To I just top dress the brown bits and the runners will patch ? Or do I buy a roll at the nursery and transplant ?

It's not diseased, just recovering from a harsh summer and me only able to use a watering can.

Rake out the dead grass from the patches, then top dress. The runners will love to grow through the new soil without all the dead shit still there.

T.S Quint

Coach

Because it makes it look like a horseshoe.

Because Cowboys.

Suitman

Post Whore

Yep, IBB&G is correct. They designed it with the open end for air flow in the humid conditions up there.
I'm not a fan of open ended stadiums, but this one makes sense.

Suitman

Post Whore
Clover has given the green light to 330m. @Suitman what’s the height of the big merkins in Parra ?

Parra's height limit is around 250 mtrs. Something to do with Bankstown airport and flight paths from Kingsford Smith, which is ridiculous.

Highest building planned is the current under construction 230 mtr 6-8 Parramatta Town Square. As I've said before, this will be the largest (per m2) office tower in Australia.

0OesSax.jpg

Currently, there are 5 towers under construction in Parra above 150 metres. 2 are over 200. A third one is 198 metres tall.