What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tiger05

First Grade
And like we all say...get your drug induced opinions out of our forum

Benji was one of the best halves in the game last year. He has to get first shot at the 6 role. If he goes back to having shockers we have some options to replace him.

I like Walters at 9 but to me it leaves Momo out of the team.

The unknown

Juniors
Benji was one of the best halves in the game last year. He has to get first shot at the 6 role. If he goes back to having shockers we have some options to replace him.

I like Walters at 9 but to me it leaves Momo out of the team.

I don’t get why Momo is so out of favour. He was our best towards the end of year

Would like to see him partner BJ in the centre’s or atleast on the wing.

Vic Mackey

Referee
if it was up to me, I’d say centre too. But we all know the glorified mbye will probably get that gig

will be very interesting to see the lineup for the NZ trial. Madge has said he is only taking 23 players so it will be a strong side and I’d imagine close to what he wants for round 1.

As you say Mbye will be in the 13 somewhere, where he is will have ramifications for a lot of players

The unknown

Juniors
will be very interesting to see the lineup for the NZ trial. Madge has said he is only taking 23 players so it will be a strong side and I’d imagine close to what he wants for round 1.

As you say Mbye will be in the 13 somewhere, where he is will have ramifications for a lot of players

I reckon his best position would be utility off the bench, but we all know Madge likes 4 big boopers there

Tiger Ted

Bench
if it was up to me, I’d say centre too. But we all know the glorified mbye will probably get that gig
Mbye is the odd man out coz Momo is streets ahead of Mbye as a centre & I fervently believe grub is streets ahead of Mbye as a bench utility & hooker.The prob is that Mbye is on overs & inexplicably he is co-captain which isn’t normally conducive to being dropped to cbury cup where he belongs.Undoubtedly Madge will make the correct decisions as he is more eager than the most ardent fans to have the team qualify for finals footy & he has the squad that allows him to drop the most overpaid player to the cbury cup.

Tiger05

First Grade
I don’t get why Momo is so out of favour. He was our best towards the end of year

Would like to see him partner BJ in the centre’s or atleast on the wing.

I like him but I think Mbye is better. The question will be does Mbye play at 9 or even a utility role.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye is the odd man out coz Momo is streets ahead of Mbye as a centre & I fervently believe grub is streets ahead of Mbye as a bench utility & hooker.

This must be an irrational hatred of Mbye. Reynolds has been so bad it's not funny and if you watched the trial he did the same dumb stuff again. Reynolds wouldn't be anywhere near our best option at 9 and if Benji or Brooks go down Madden deserves a chance way before Reynolds.

Mbye has been better than Momo and to me it's not close. It's laughable to even discuss Reynolds over Mbye.

I get we can all have different opinions but anyone watching Reynolds has to be extremely disappointed with his performances.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
I just want you to point out where Mbye is “heaps better than Momo and it’s not even close”

cause funnily enough we played our best football last year when mbye wasnt in the side at all

agree on the Reynolds part but, he’s cooked

JB04

Juniors
Decided to try and have a go at what I reckon (hope) the team will look like round 1.

1. Doueihi
2. Nofoaluma
3. Momirovski
4. BJ Leilua
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye
10. Mikaele
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Walters
15. Aloiai
16. Musgrove
17. Chee Kam

Shredder

Juniors
I think the deal with Mbye is that he has been playing grade for what six years and at two clubs, no coach has been able to find a position for him to own.

That says something.

Hes obviously a great trainer, or he wouldnt get picked, I just dont see where he owns a position either.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This must be an irrational hatred of Mbye. Reynolds has been so bad it's not funny and if you watched the trial he did the same dumb stuff again. Reynolds wouldn't be anywhere near our best option at 9 and if Benji or Brooks go down Madden deserves a change way before Reynolds.

Mbye has been better than Momo and to me it's not close. It's laughable to even discuss Reynolds over Mbye.

I get we can all have different opinions but anyone watching Reynolds has to be extremely disappointed with his performances.
I don’t have an irrational hatred for the peaheart.I obviously believe he’s a shithouse player.I certainly don’t believe Grub is necessarily our best option at 9.This is a position which could b our Achilles heel although hopefully not & I don’t think Madge is settled yet re who our 9 will b for the saints game in Rd 1.

Re ur opinion on Reynolds & his disappointing performances the fact is he has been busted for the majority of time he has been at concord.I would rather us not have both him & Mbye on our books.However fully fit I’d much prefer an upbeat & tough bastard like grub over a timid & pathetic Mbye in my team.

If we had a team of nonentities like mbye we’d b a lay-down misere for the spoon whereas a team of Reynolds’s would b unflinching & super competitive week in week out.

Btw ur deadset kidding if u think that a kid like Madden who I believe has potential has leapfrogged Reynolds in the pecking order re the scrumbase options.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Decided to try and have a go at what I reckon (hope) the team will look like round 1.

1. Doueihi
2. Nofoaluma
3. Momirovski
4. BJ Leilua
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye
10. Mikaele
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Walters
15. Aloiai
16. Musgrove
17. Chee Kam

I think that’s fairly spot on. I have a sneaking suspension Lawrence night edge out either MCK or Leilua for a spot. That’s based off no info, just a hunch.

Either way those 17 will be going to NZ and my guess is joined by:

Jennings
Talau
Reynolds
Clarke
Lawrence
Taylor

So the following missing out:

McQueen
Seyfarth
McIntyre
Smith
Packer
Liddle

Tiger Ted

Bench

1. Doueihi
2. Nofoaluma
3. Momirovski
4. BJ Leilua
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye
10. Mikaele
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Walters
15. Aloiai
16. Musgrove
17. Chee Kam
Very good team although I’m concerned about the 9 as he’s not tough enough or astute enough to play in such a critical position.Throw a fit Liddle or young Harry grant in at 9 & that team makes the 8 comfortably.

Tigerm

First Grade

1. Doueihi/Thompson
2. Nofoaluma
3. Momirovski/Mbye
4. BJ Leilua
5. Thompson/Doueihi
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye/Reynolds
10. Mikaele
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Walters
15. Aloiai
16. Musgrove
17. Chee Kam
Good squad, though I would have Thompson at 1 and Doueihi at 2 and let him take the 1 from Thommo if he is good enough, but would not be surprised if it went your way.
Is Momo playing, he did get hurt in the 9,s ? If N/A, then, Mbye to centre & JR to 9

1. Doueihi
2. Nofoaluma
3. Momirovski
4. BJ Leilua
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
8. Twal
9. Mbye
10. Mikaele
11. Garner
12. L Leilua
13. Eisenhuth

14. Walters
15. Aloiai
16. Musgrove
17. Chee Kam

I like the squad but I think there will be 4 changes:
Reynolds to 9
Thompson to 1
Doueihi to 5
Mybe to 14
So Walters misses out - BUT that's round 1 only.

They still have to get through the 2nd trial.

JB04

Juniors
Very good team although I’m concerned about the 9 as he’s not tough enough or astute enough to play in such a critical position.Throw a fit Liddle or young Harry grant in at 9 & that team makes the 8 comfortably.
Absolutely, I feel if we had a fit Liddle and/or Harry Grant we’d be fielding our strongest team in many years

Latest posts