What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Squad Analysis

Crush

Coach
l think it’s taken the pressure off him by allowing him to trot out ‘injuries’ as as excuses.

Plus it also allows him play to his strengths in Lafai & Aitken, the only two players in our team that for some reason, never get injured....... funny that.
Here I thought that Lafai had been playing injured since 2016.
He's fit and he's that slow and weak?

Dragon David

First Grade
Just watching world club challenge.
Watching the Roosters and St Helan run around is depressing. They are so far ahead of Dragons its not funny.
Back line attacking play sweeps out wide for Roosters and Joseph Manu gets the ball, he does the rest through speed, size and skill dragging 4 players over the line.
Dragons never score that try.
Our 1-17 is rubbish.
Sorry.
The Roosters have got it down pat. They know the drill/moves like the back of their hands. They exude confidence even though they were slightly rusty due to the travel, weather and being their only serious run before coming back home.

They don't need Mitchell as they work as a team. They will have another great season this year. Luke Keary is the one to do most of the organising and will win them another premiership is my prediction.

If only the Dragons were the team to have the ability and quality like the Roosters. Can only dream unfortunately.

blacksafake

First Grade
- Zac at Fullback is good for now. I still believe he's a stronger centre, but while Cody is still developing, it's Zac's spot to lose.

- Wings are a difficult one. No star factor there at the moment. I'm keen to see Cody get a run at wing this season as he's so fast and his height is a massive advantage. He needs to get his body ready for it though. For now, i'm happy with any of Rav, Jordy or Saab.

- As for the centres, Williame deserves a shot I think. Laf is just so stale these days, at least Williame has speed as well as an offload.
Aitken... meh. The sooner one of the Feagai brothers takes his place, or Ramsey at FB and Zac to right Centre, the better.
Also would be keen to see how Rava goes in the centres if Mary had some imagination....

- Hunt and Norman will be the halves. Nothing will change there. I've seen talk of Clune at 5/8 and Hunt to hooker while Cam is out, but it won't happen. Cluney is an awesome back up though, offers so much more than Nicholls ever did.
Hunt is a 5/8 for the record. Should never be allowed to organise the team.

- Start front rowers need to be Kerr and Vaughan. Graham is done. He should be running drinks or starting off the bench.
I've been very vocally anti-Kerr in the past, but I love being proved wrong, he's rising, and quickly too.

- Hooker, Mcinnes when back. Luke/Billy Brittain while he's injured.

- Frizz, Sims, Merrin back row.

- Bench is an interesting one. I would be throwing fresh blood in there for sure. Tyrell off the bench could be explosive for us, I like him in the 17. I also really like the look of Blacker and I think his size would be a great impact when he learns to run like Kerr does. Graham will take the other bench spot. Wouldn't have him playing any more than 40 minutes.
Lawrie misses out for me.
Luke will take a bench spot, because Mary.

Keeping a close eye on SSE, the Feagai twins, Luke Gale and Cody Ramsay.
Pretty well summed up TRVR

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am thinking about what our CC team may look like after taking into account who Mary will most likely pick for first grade

1 Ramsey
2 Saab
3 Feagai/SSE
4 Williame
5 Feagai
6 Sailor
7 Clune
13 Lovadua
12 Ford/Host
11 Gale
10 Blacker
9 Brittian

It looks like a pretty good CC team.

Timmo62

Juniors
If we lose another middle forward to injury in the charity shield it is going to be tough to find enough props for round 1 of 1st grade standard.We are already probably without K.Sims and Kerr and definatly without JDB.Dosen't leave much to choose from.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If we lose another middle forward to injury in the charity shield it is going to be tough to find enough props for round 1 of 1st grade standard.We are already probably without K.Sims and Kerr and definatly without JDB.Dosen't leave much to choose from.

I think Merrin has an injury as well, maybe @George Dragon can confirm that.
So, our props at this stage could be:
Vaughan
Lawrie
Graham
Choice of Blacker or maybe Host.

If Merrin isnt fit for round 1 then imo we have to play Friz at lock and Ford as the left edge forward.

Whatever, the issue, I think, is thay we are 1 injury away from a complete disaster in the forwards. Blacker, is still very green and i'm not sure if being put straight into 1st grade is the right move. Anyone else is currently not signed to an NRL contract and with the readline fast approaching to announce the top 29 we are really in a short term pickle.
And lets not forget the injury to McInnes.

possm

Coach
- Zac at Fullback is good for now. I still believe he's a stronger centre, but while Cody is still developing, it's Zac's spot to lose.

- Wings are a difficult one. No star factor there at the moment. I'm keen to see Cody get a run at wing this season as he's so fast and his height is a massive advantage. He needs to get his body ready for it though. For now, i'm happy with any of Rav, Jordy or Saab.

- As for the centres, Williame deserves a shot I think. Laf is just so stale these days, at least Williame has speed as well as an offload.
Aitken... meh. The sooner one of the Feagai brothers takes his place, or Ramsey at FB and Zac to right Centre, the better.
Also would be keen to see how Rava goes in the centres if Mary had some imagination....

- Hunt and Norman will be the halves. Nothing will change there. I've seen talk of Clune at 5/8 and Hunt to hooker while Cam is out, but it won't happen. Cluney is an awesome back up though, offers so much more than Nicholls ever did.
Hunt is a 5/8 for the record. Should never be allowed to organise the team.

- Start front rowers need to be Kerr and Vaughan. Graham is done. He should be running drinks or starting off the bench.
I've been very vocally anti-Kerr in the past, but I love being proved wrong, he's rising, and quickly too.

- Hooker, Mcinnes when back. Luke/Billy Brittain while he's injured.

- Frizz, Sims, Merrin back row.

- Bench is an interesting one. I would be throwing fresh blood in there for sure. Tyrell off the bench could be explosive for us, I like him in the 17. I also really like the look of Blacker and I think his size would be a great impact when he learns to run like Kerr does. Graham will take the other bench spot. Wouldn't have him playing any more than 40 minutes.
Lawrie misses out for me.
Luke will take a bench spot, because Mary.

Keeping a close eye on SSE, the Feagai twins, Luke Gale and Cody Ramsay.
Vaughan, Merrin, Kerr, Blacker in our prop rotation
Ford to left edge forward
T Sims our right edge forward
Frizell to lock
Hunt to hooker with Britain on the bench
Norman and either Clune or Sailor in the halves
William to left centre
Tyrell to right centre
Saab and Ramsey as our wingers
Lomax at fullback
Lawrie on the bench

We need to prepare of season 2021 so, the inclusion of bright youn talent this season is essential. Young big fast wingers and a couple of competitive centres are what is needed in our backline if we want to compete.

I have been disappointed with our halves pairing and so would like to see Norman at 7 and either Clune of Sailor in the 6 jumper.

Unfortunately Kerr has sustained an injury which may put him out of action for weeks, so for now, Lawrie in the prop rotation and Host on the bench.

possm

Coach
The Roosters have got it down pat. They know the drill/moves like the back of their hands. They exude confidence even though they were slightly rusty due to the travel, weather and being their only serious run before coming back home.

They don't need Mitchell as they work as a team. They will have another great season this year. Luke Keary is the one to do most of the organising and will win them another premiership is my prediction.

If only the Dragons were the team to have the ability and quality like the Roosters. Can only dream unfortunately.
In the past there were many, many years that Roosters fans wished they had a player squad like ours and a professional club like ours.

How did this all happen?

George Dragon

Juniors
I think Merrin has an injury as well, maybe @George Dragon can confirm that.
So, our props at this stage could be:
Vaughan
Lawrie
Graham
Choice of Blacker or maybe Host.

If Merrin isnt fit for round 1 then imo we have to play Friz at lock and Ford as the left edge forward.

Whatever, the issue, I think, is thay we are 1 injury away from a complete disaster in the forwards. Blacker, is still very green and i'm not sure if being put straight into 1st grade is the right move. Anyone else is currently not signed to an NRL contract and with the readline fast approaching to announce the top 29 we are really in a short term pickle.
And lets not forget the injury to McInnes.
Merrin is fit as lol Was told he had a hammy twinge and will play this weekend.
20200224_123747.jpg

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

I thought that Korbin "dodged a bullet" with the arm- ie no break- is there some other injury to him?

Latest posts