What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

05...you're WAY overreading a trial and even way more overreading Reynolds first hitout after a headf ck offseason
Could not agree more Das.

Tiger05, it was a fu(ken trial, it was a trial where Madge not only played plenty of reserves who if there are no major injuries this year, will not play in the NRL, he threw in kids.

Some kids thrive in those trials, some are overawed by it all.

Yeah not sure why 05 is on suicide watch after a trial. The real positive is that everyone appeared to get through the game without picking up injury. These are games that don't contribute to the premiership so why would you treat it as anything other than a platform for the new fringe recruits and kids to show what they can do.

Reynolds last year was pretty good when he was fit. The Panthers game we managed to f**k up at Penrith Park was only ours to lose because Grub laid on both tries. The poor merkin has had no luck with injuries, coupled with the off field headf**k he's dealing with at the moment I can understand why he's a little underdone. The reservations about him come from his extended injuries and as a result, his poor ROI.

Let's not panic about him yet, he'll probably start the year in reserves anyway. If puts in a good showing he'll be in consideration for FG.

JB04

Juniors
Random thought - would L. Leilua possibly play 13? So a back row of

11. Garner
12. Lawrence
13. L. Leilua

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05, it was a fu(ken trial, it was a trial where Madge not only played plenty of reserves who if there are no major injuries this year, will not play in the NRL, he threw in kids.

I don't know why this is directed at me. I'm not worked up about the trial at all.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yeah not sure why 05 is on suicide watch after a trial.

I'm not on suicide watch. It's a trial. No big deal.

I reckon our team looks good this year.

Reynolds though was ordinary as he has been every time he takes the field. Sure he comes up with a couple of good effort plays but he also comes up with way too many poor plays.

The guy should be playing reserves and see if he can get some form.

It's not over reading something when that has been the default performance every time he steps on the park.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Random thought - would L. Leilua possibly play 13? So a back row of

11. Garner
12. Lawrence
13. L. Leilua

I wonder if he could play there. He can ball play. I reckon he will be on the right edge though.

I don't know why this is directed at me. I'm not worked up about the trial at all.
Umm, look at your post 167. "Madden is miles ahead of Reynolds and it's not close" your words and they can only be based on the trial, how many games has Madden played in the NRL? Hint it's less than 1. How many games has Madden played in reserves? Hint it's less than 8.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I wonder if he could play there. He can ball play. I reckon he will be on the right edge though.

Heard from a number of Dragons fans they thought 13 was his best position. He has the size to handle it but if he can develop into a second rower he would be devestating there

The unknown

Juniors
Heard from a number of Dragons fans they thought 13 was his best position. He has the size to handle it but if he can develop into a second rower he would be devestating there

They also said he was a lazy defender which is a pretty big thing at lock. Hopefully madge has got his head screwed on right

Tiger05

First Grade
Umm, look at your post 167. "Madden is miles ahead of Reynolds and it's not close" your words and they can only be based on the trial, how many games has Madden played in the NRL? Hint it's less than 1. How many games has Madden played in reserves? Hint it's less than 8.

That definitely isn't an overreaction if you had watched Reynolds in action. He is that bad.

Tiger Ted

Bench
That definitely isn't an overreaction if you had watched Reynolds in action. He is that bad.
I didn’t want to reiterate what’s already been said but 05 ur unduly placing weight on a micky mouse trial.I’m very confident a fully fit grub will give Madge no choice but to pick him in the 17 sooner than later & that’s taking into account we have a very good roster.Grub is a dogged tough little bastard & whatever role he has in our team he will b an asset to the club.

Tiger05

First Grade
I didn’t want to reiterate what’s already been said but 05 ur unduly placing weight on a micky mouse trial.I’m very confident a fully fit grub will give Madge no choice but to pick him in the 17 sooner than later & that’s taking into account we have a very good roster.Grub is a dogged tough little bastard & whatever role he has in our team he will b an asset to the club.

It's that what you think no problems. I see a guy who has struggled to get on the park and when he is on he makes too many mistakes. This isn't just an observation of one trial game. It's an on-going theme. I find it hard to understand how anyone who watches our team can justify Reynolds performances. I like the guy as well and I want him to do well but that doesn't change my opinion in relation to his on-field performances.

I feel we have a much better chance of winning games by playing Reynolds in reserve grade until he gets his game together. It's not personal. It's just a matter of winning games.

The unknown

Juniors
It's an on-going theme. I find it hard to understand how anyone who watches our team can justify Reynolds performances. I like the guy as well and I want him to do well but that doesn't change my opinion in relation to his on-field performances.

I feel we have a much better chance of winning games by playing Reynolds in reserve grade until he gets his game together. It's not personal. It's just a matter of winning games.

change Reynolds to mbye and you might be onto something

WA Tiger

Bench
It's that what you think no problems. I see a guy who has struggled to get on the park and when he is on he makes too many mistakes. This isn't just an observation of one trial game. It's an on-going theme. I find it hard to understand how anyone who watches our team can justify Reynolds performances. I like the guy as well and I want him to do well but that doesn't change my opinion in relation to his on-field performances.

Brrrrrrrrrrr That’s twice in one day ...your outa here...05 drops into a pool full of water ...I like that rule .....Anyway I kinda like this article. I get the feeling Madge sees and can’t resist real leadership and a tough character because he himself is a leader of men and he knows it’s essential for getting to the top ...especially with 10 to go and when the boys are completely knackered and looking for inspiration from someone anyone. Of course skill is important but when we hit those final few minutes when the pressure is white hot leadership will win the game...We were all there so many times last year when we didn’t have that..Fearlessness

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Of the few games he has played, I seem to recall that he got players player in a lot of them.