What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
They personally shouldn’t be but the fact it affects an entire organisation more so than in any other profession I can think of requires a lot more thought on its implementation.
A senior neurosurgeon has been stood down today after DV charges were alleged.

I’d argue his position (and lack of doing his job whilst he’s facing charges) has far more impact to society than a football player.

Let’s get some perspective.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...omestic-violence-charges-20200224-p543v7.html

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A senior neurosurgeon has been stood down today after DV charges were alleged.

I’d argue his position (and lack of doing his job whilst he’s facing charges) has far more impact to society than a football player.

Let’s get some perspective.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...omestic-violence-charges-20200224-p543v7.html
That’s irrelevant, if proven innocent a 2 year layoff won’t permanently end his career for a start. And secondly the firm he works for can at least try to find a like for like replacement as hard as that might be, they aren’t bound by a salary cap. Thirdly I believe in innocent until proven guilty in all but extreme cases. Cases such as a childcare worker or teacher on child sex charges would be an example. I don’t believe a footballer poses anymore risk on the playing field as he does out in public in which he is anyway.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
That’s irrelevant, if proven innocent a 2 year layoff won’t permanently end his career for a start. And secondly the firm he works for can at least try to find a like for like replacement as hard as that might be, they aren’t bound by a salary cap. Thirdly I believe in innocent until proven guilty in all but extreme cases. Cases such as a childcare worker or teacher on child sex charges would be an example. I don’t believe a footballer poses anymore risk on the playing field as he does out in public in which he is anyway.
You’re still saying that someone deserves special treatment because they can play football.

He’s not remanded in custody, he’s receiving his full contract pay (which is around 5-6 times the average Aussie wage) along with being able to train ready to head back on the field at any minute.

Remind me again how his situation is unfair as it stands?

And you may want to have a further think about the neurosurgeon.. The impact of him not being available is not a commercial one..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
You’re still saying that someone deserves special treatment because they can play football.

He’s not remanded in custody, he’s receiving his full contract pay (which is around 5-6 times the average Aussie wage) along with being able to train ready to head back on the field at any minute.

Remind me again how his situation is unfair as it stands?
I’ve said my piece and you have said yours dozens of times. We all have our own opinions. I don’t debate narcissists it’s a waste of time. I have never once seen a comment from you along these lines. “I agree” “good point” I agree with the first part but not the second”. You just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over until people just give up. Sad unit.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’ve said my piece and you have said yours dozens of times. We all have our own opinions. I don’t debate narcissists it’s a waste of time. I have never once seen a comment from you along these lines. “I agree” “good point” I agree with the first part but not the second”. You just keep rehashing the same stuff over and over until people just give up. Sad unit.
See I’m happily debating a topic, not the person, but you start calling names..

Whilst I’m sorry that you’re annoyed that we’ll probably lose a couple of games because of the no fault stand down, at the end of the day it’s only football.

Jack’s well looked after, and there are much more important issues out there than trying to get him back playing for the team before the wheels of justice spit decide the truth..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I don’t recall any similar public comments by Mal when he was coaching QLD when Hunt, Thaiday & Boyd we’re being investigated for sexual assault by Police.

I wonder why?
I’m hoping it’s less to do with SOO allegiances and more to do with the other incident being 10 years earlier and people’s attitudes towards treatment of women having evolved since then...

I don’t recall any similar public comments by Mal when he was coaching QLD when Hunt, Thaiday & Boyd we’re being investigated for sexual assault by Police.

I wonder why?

And there I was thinking that his job was to coach the kangaroos.

It must be a very difficult job if you have the time to chase latrell and hang out with reporters.

There are so many muppets and pork chops in this game, it’s hard to keep a running count. Understandably, many hail from the north.

Queenslanders are already geographically disabled, so stupidity is as natural to them as surfing during a cyclone.

Anything that requires less thought, give the job to a Queenslander and watch her/him exceed all known expectations.

I’m hoping it’s less to do with SOO allegiances and more to do with the other incident being 10 years earlier and people’s attitudes towards treatment of women having evolved since then...

Can I have some of that whack you’re on my son?

You have to give up your allegation fixation.

Look at the stats, cops make mistakes.

Jdb is innocent right now. He’s no more guilty than me and I haven’t seen Mary in drag in a nightclub for a long long time.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
And there I was thinking that his job was to coach the kangaroos.

It must be a very difficult job if you have the time to chase latrell and hang out with reporters.

There are so many muppets and pork chops in this game, it’s hard to keep a running count. Understandably, many hail from the north.

Queenslanders are already geographically disabled, so stupidity is as natural to them as surfing during a cyclone.

Anything that requires less thought, give the job to a Queenslander and watch her/him exceed all known expectations.
Wow, so once someone crosses the north of the tweed river, they instantly lose their mind capacity. Well thought out that one. Does the brain start switching off around Byron bay , or all good?

Wow, so once someone crosses the north of the tweed river, they instantly lose their mind capacity. Well thought out that one. Does the brain start switching off around Byron bay , or all good?

Its a philosophical question.

I’m predicting no olympics this year. You couldn’t find a better way to spread the deadly virus. The japs have to calm down a bit.

2500 deaths, 1 in 70 chance of being nailed if you catch it. If you think like me, we are finished.

it would be good if jdb offers a hand raising funds for the victims families. He used to do a lot of charity work before the troubles. He shouldn’t be deterred.

Australia is a world leader in vaccines. We might make it through yet.

Wuhan is a great city and they love their Aussies.

They have beautiful lakes there.

Just put the currently regarded as innocent jdb in perspective for a moment.

Last edited:

Bench
In the event that he is cleared where would you play him after a two year break, he might be fit but would he be match fit,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Can I have some of that whack you’re on my son?

You have to give up your allegation fixation.

Look at the stats, cops make mistakes.

Jdb is innocent right now. He’s no more guilty than me and I haven’t seen Mary in drag in a nightclub for a long long time.
Sorry bud, but I’m not alleging anything. I’m saying I hope that our attitudes towards women have improved over the past 10 years.

Unfortunately the only allegation here is your one that the cops have it wrong.

Sorry bud, but I’m not alleging anything. I’m saying I hope that our attitudes towards women have improved over the past 10 years.

Unfortunately the only allegation here is your one that the cops have it wrong.

Fair enuff.

I made a statement of fact about the cops and not an allegation.

I didn’t specifically link it to jdb. I have no idea if they have it right or wrong and nobody can make that assessment until the case is finalised.

Either way, it may even go to appeal. So a long process.

The no fault stand down is a real dog of a rule.

As I said, better to put the time,money and effort they spend on it into rape crisis centres etc.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee

Interesting thought, that it takes a man or a woman for that matter, to be swept along with the sentiment in the public arena to know how to treat women, or people in general.

I understand what you're saying though.

TruSaint

Referee
Its a philosophical question.

I’m predicting no olympics this year. You couldn’t find a better way to spread the deadly virus. The japs have to calm down a bit.

2500 deaths, 1 in 70 chance of being nailed if you catch it. If you think like me, we are finished.

it would be good if jdb offers a hand raising funds for the victims families. He used to do a lot of charity work before the troubles. He shouldn’t be deterred.

Australia is a world leader in vaccines. We might make it through yet.

Wuhan is a great city and they love their Aussies.

They have beautiful lakes there.

Just put the currently regarded as innocent jdb in perspective for a moment.

What exactly are you on about with this " Japs" calming down comment ?

There's a thread for the coronavirus mate.

Timmay

Juniors
The no fault stand down is a real dog of a rule.
Bullshit. It's a f**ken tip-top rule.

Don't put yourself in a position where the NSW Police Force can establish a prima facie case against you, and you won't get stood down.

Why do you think the voir dire adjourned until November 2020?

Bullshit. It's a f**ken tip-top rule.

Don't put yourself in a position where the NSW Police Force can establish a prima facie case against you, and you won't get stood down.

Why do you think the voir dire adjourned until November 2020?

Plenty of Prima Facie cases bite the dust at trial.

We wouldn’t even have a court process if the cops were always right.

Statistically, they get it wrong every now and again. They put people on the wrong charges, they don’t have or are able to adduce the evidence they need, sometimes they have been found to be corrupt ( very rare but it happens), the prosecution sometimes get the law wrong, they’ve been known to charge the wrong people. It goes on and on. They are not perfect, they make mistakes like everyone else.

That’s just fact, not speculation and it’s not opinion.

I’ve made my points about the nrl and their stupidity in implementing something they should stay well out of.

Peoples lives are being ruined totally unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.