What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Charity Shield

grouch

First Grade
Bunnies squad looks strong. Astonishing to me that they have a former Kangaroo winger on the bench!

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Dane Gagai 3. James Roberts 4. Braidon Burns 5. Campbell Graham 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Junior Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10.Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Cameron Murray 13. Liam Knight 14. Patrick Mago 15. Hame Sele 16. Alex Johnston 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Bryson Goodwin 19. Corey Allan 20. Bayley Sironen 21. Troy Dargan 22. Blake Taaffe 23. Jack Johns 24. Tom Amone

Walpole

Juniors
Bunnies squad looks strong. Astonishing to me that they have a former Kangaroo winger on the bench!

1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Dane Gagai 3. James Roberts 4. Braidon Burns 5. Campbell Graham 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Junior Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10.Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su'A 12. Cameron Murray 13. Liam Knight 14. Patrick Mago 15. Hame Sele 16. Alex Johnston 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Bryson Goodwin 19. Corey Allan 20. Bayley Sironen 21. Troy Dargan 22. Blake Taaffe 23. Jack Johns 24. Tom Amone
That Souths backline will be worth watching this year if they click. Be interesting to see if our backs can even get close.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
It’s been a long and eventful off season, so glad it’s footy season again.

Really looking forward to see the team play this weekend.

Go you Saints!

Agree OKB- a lot of people, including me, feel that trials and nines are unnecessary distractions from a fair NRL competition- until each team plays each other home and away (like the EPL) we have a flawed competition with some teams having easier draws than others.

This would of course mean starting the competition at the beginning of February - but Super Rugby have already played three rounds so the NRL wouldn't be doing anything all that radical.

Having said that, while the Charity Shield is esentially a trial, it has become much more than that to the supporters and feels like it is the first round of the competition. Bragging rights are up for grabs. While I was moderately confident before our disastrous injury toll hit, all I see now is a SOO standard backline coming at us.

HELP!!!

RufusRex

Post Whore
a 14 team comp ... 2 complete home and away rounds ... it is the best fit for the comp and will strengthen the comp with same quality across less teams ...

f**k of the sharks obviously and one other club (doggies or tigers for mine) and there you go.

possm

Coach
a 14 team comp ... 2 complete home and away rounds ... it is the best fit for the comp and will strengthen the comp with same quality across less teams ...

f**k of the sharks obviously and one other club (doggies or tigers for mine) and there you go.
An easy, lazy way without the ambition to grow the game.

I'd say the ESL should be growing the game in every European Country and Australia should be doing its best to establish first grade teams in the South Pacific and South East Asian countries.

If 14 teams is the magic number, then have 7 competitions with the top 2 teams from each playing the 'International Competition'.

So much untapped talent that could be brought into the game.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

I'd say the ESL should be growing the game in every European Country and Australia should be doing its best to establish first grade teams in the South Pacific and South East Asian countries.

If 14 teams is the magic number, then have 7 competitions with the top 2 teams from each playing the 'International Competition'.

Japan should be a target if we are serious about spreading the game to Asian destinations. They have a strong Rugby competition there with players representing large companies, However, the real opportunity has come about due to SANZAR dropping the Sunwolves from the Super 15 Rugby competition at the end of 2020. The Japanese have just hosted the World Cup so they've an appetite for international competition.

While I don't like the nines concept all that much,they would have seen a lot of Rugby 7s so the fast format of the nines might pique their interest. Perhaps an international tournament involving Japan as host along with Australia NZ, England, PNG and the three Pacific Island nations might kick things off.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Japan should be a target if we are serious about spreading the game to Asian destinations. They have a strong Rugby competition there with players representing large companies, However, the real opportunity has come about due to SANZAR dropping the Sunwolves from the Super 15 Rugby competition at the end of 2020. The Japanese have just hosted the World Cup so they've an appetite for international competition.

While I don't like the nines concept all that much,they would have seen a lot of Rugby 7s so the fast format of the nines might pique their interest. Perhaps an international tournament involving Japan as host along with Australia NZ, England, PNG and the three Pacific Island nations might kick things off.
Best country to visit also, id go there and watch a tournament, love the place.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

I really rate Campbell Graham, he's going to be a great player could even see him playing origin. That is a lethal backline, I reckon the Rabbits, Eels and Cowboys will be the teams to beat this year. This game should give us a gauge of where we are. I can actually see us showing a fair bit of ticker in this game and testing the Rabbits.

blacksafake

First Grade
I really rate Campbell Graham, he's going to be a great player could even see him playing origin. That is a lethal backline, I reckon the Rabbits, Eels and Cowboys will be the teams to beat this year. This game should give us a gauge of where we are. I can actually see us showing a fair bit of ticker in this game and testing the Rabbits.
I like Burns.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

It’s such a pity rugby league was banned by France’s Vichy Government in the 1950s. If left unfettered, the game’s development in Europe wouldn’t be an issue in contemporary times.

BLM01

First Grade

I’d get rid of Melb and NZ. There’s your 14