What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vautin commenting on the “dancing”

gUt

Coach
ITT edgelords pretending not to understand why Fatty's throwaway dad joke is an embarrassing foot-in-mouth moment and why some people might legitimately have the right to be a bit pissed off with him about it.

I agree they're probably foolish to get super wound up but I'm not gonna tell them they're wrong. And yeah I know there's a trillion professional progressive offense-takers out there and they can all ggf too. All of you can. Darren Lockyer > Andrew Johns

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
1000% agree with this.

It’s the age of outrage. What’s even worse is that many people go looking for it.
Sorry but 1000% doesn't exist, you can only have 100% or less, get your facts right! Coz that was offensive! I preach mathematics and can't stand people who don't use the correct equative terminology....

Nah seriously fatty has made billions of shitty dad jokes, this one is no different.
And as for Andrew "smash that bla@% #*$%" Johns, if he stayed silent, he was probably laughing anyways, but covered or turned his mic off.
None of Nines commentating are progressive or smart enough to understand todays social politics, nor do they care since these football celebrities are great at being controversial, then apologetic, which really doesn't affect their bottom line, in the end they're just a product of their own era, and being a sensible human being isnt something they care about, but if it was any current NRL player, like cameron smith or darius boyd, the media would crucify them till they were finished with community service and therapy had ended.
I don't care either way, but yeah media has blown this out of proportion, to the likes of a racist slur. I can easily read it as fatty isn't a fan of dancing, or dancings for "poo£s" which is more like what fatty would relate to.

Besides "Fatty" is an offensive nickname, i know a fat person, I'm offended!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For what it's worth, I'm "outraged".

Vautin's comment was crass and represents old-school bullshit we should've left behind.

Happy for it to be condemned as dumb backwards shit, which is all it is.

I don't think it's a cause for super outrage but I don't see a problem with it being addressed either

MugaB

Coach
Then he says.......

Anyways point of the story is laurie daley says "i wouldn't let my daughter anywhere near penrith"
Then brandy goes apeshit.......

Then this magpies fan just the other day starts letting loose on the panthers forum about how we as members of the club should petition to sack May....
And were up to date... but seriously was it really MGs daughter?

myrrh ken

First Grade
Two Twitter posts!

That's enough to claim controversy! these days. And for people to claim outrage.

There's about 4 troll accounts on LU that illicit more reaction than this.

This. Was anyone actually offended? I mean, I suppose someone might have been. A pretty harmless gag to be honest, with no ill-intent other than a bit of intentional boofheaded dad joke. Here is fatty's quote in full:

“I really enjoyed that,” said Vautin. “As I imagine everyone did at home.
“I saw a healthy respect for both cultures out there.
“And that’s very important, and the boys loved it. I loved the dancing, who won the dancing contest Joey?”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wh...e/news-story/4577d72b5e255b4ecebf010e137e857f

I mean it's not like he called someone King Kong.

MugaB

Coach
This. Was anyone actually offended? I mean, I suppose someone might have been. A pretty harmless gag to be honest, with no ill-intent other than a bit of intentional boofheaded dad joke. Here is fatty's quote in full:

“And that’s very important, and the boys loved it. I loved the dancing, who won the dancing contest Joey?”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wh...e/news-story/4577d72b5e255b4ecebf010e137e857f

Well see i saw it as sarcasm,.... the whole way thru, so yeah it pissed me off.... i like dancing

Timmah

Staff member
people get offended over anything these days, hilarious
You posted the thread...

I'm happy for people not to be offended by it, but I don't understand why you feel the need to tell others not to be offended by it.

If people are upset by it because of any reason they see fit, that's their prerogative.

myrrh ken

First Grade
I'm happy for people not to be offended by it, but I don't understand why you feel the need to tell others not to be offended by it.

If people are upset by it because of any reason they see fit, that's their prerogative.

So we can't explore why words said and people's reactions to them may or may not be reasonable?

Might as well shut down the thread.

The article is based on 2 complaints on twitter - which may or may not be genuine. Any groups or spokespeople come out and say anything? Any players?

Timmah

Staff member
So we can't explore why words said and people's reactions to them may or may not be reasonable?

Might as well shut down the thread.
You can discuss why you think they may or may not be reasonable, doesn't make those people's feelings any more or less valid.