What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paul Vautin commenting on the “dancing”

myrrh ken

First Grade
You can discuss why you think they may or may not be reasonable, doesn't make those people's feelings any more or less valid.

The point of the thread is about whether Fatty's joke was offensive or not and should it be condemned.

If we always take into account the validity of unreasonable people's feelings, then it would be a pretty sad world.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The point of the thread is about whether Fatty's joke was offensive or not and should it be condemned.

If we always take into account the validity of unreasonable people's feelings, then it would be a pretty sad world.
But why and how are you judge and jury on whose feelings are reasonable?

There are plenty of people who get upset about what they perceive as their culture and heritage being "attacked" e.g. when people bag the anthem or Australia Day... are they unreasonable too?

myrrh ken

First Grade

There are plenty of people who get upset about what they perceive as their culture and heritage being "attacked" e.g. when people bag the anthem or Australia Day... are they unreasonable too?

When did I hurt you Timmah?

myrrh ken

First Grade
you didn't, I'm debating a point with you. Wanna respond?

Firstly you accuse me of telling people whether or not they should be offended. Now you contend that I think I'm judge and jury in determining whether feelings are reasonable. Those things are false and you should apologise.

What I asked was whether in fact people were offended given that the article in question is based on 2 twitter remarks. I then provided the context of the quote. Your own response was that you had qualified "outrage". I don't know if this meant that you were offended though - hence the question.

Then you raise arguments about the flag and the anthem that I haven't raised with the expectation I argue against it.

So - what is your point again?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Firstly you accuse me of telling people whether or not they should be offended. Now you contend that I think I'm judge and jury in determining whether feelings are reasonable.
A pretty harmless gag to be honest, with no ill-intent other than a bit of intentional boofheaded dad joke.
:shrug:♂️ I mean if the shoe fits...

blue bags

First Grade
So who did win it?
we know who won it, the best footy team won it by playing the better footy on the day, and thats what it comes down too. play your best , give it your best, what more can you do, ask , demand , all good , all brothers at the end

simmo05

Bench

Yep

blue bags

First Grade
Rugby league was the winner
thats what makes rugby league the best sport in the world, you must have heard that before, right >., they were talking about it in the world club challenge, saints v roosters in England, great sport . great people