What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crush

Coach
Its a philosophical question.

I’m predicting no olympics this year. You couldn’t find a better way to spread the deadly virus. The japs have to calm down a bit.

2500 deaths, 1 in 70 chance of being nailed if you catch it. If you think like me, we are finished.

it would be good if jdb offers a hand raising funds for the victims families. He used to do a lot of charity work before the troubles. He shouldn’t be deterred.

Australia is a world leader in vaccines. We might make it through yet.

Wuhan is a great city and they love their Aussies.

They have beautiful lakes there.

Just put the currently regarded as innocent jdb in perspective for a moment.
I find the term "Japs" racist. Its 2020, perhaps you should use more appropriate language that isn't derogatory.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I find the term "Japs" racist. Its 2020, perhaps you should use more appropriate language that isn't derogatory.

Toyotas?

Seriously, l tend to think the term, Japs no different to people calling us, Aussies .... which l’m ok with. We call Americans, Yanks, so I really don’t see anything offensive about it.

Anyway, we all have thoughts on the matter and rightly so.

Crush

Coach
Toyotas?

Seriously, l tend to think the term, Japs no different to people calling us, Aussies .... which l’m ok with. We call Americans, Yanks, so I really don’t see anything offensive about it.

Since the second world war the term Jap has been derogatory. It is an ethnic slur and I find it offensive.
You may not.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Toyotas?

It's a generational thing. Originally intended as a slur, then it became part of the casual racism used in my father's day. We don't say it anymore .

Hopefully it's the last time we see it here.

blue bags

First Grade
a poster said that jack is still allowed to train as a free innocent person and claims this is a total outrage :mad:, im totaly outraged about this :mad::rolleyes:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Toyotas?

You don’t think the person being called a name should the one who determines if they find it offensive or not?

That’s odd.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Nah, your odd.
See again, it’s all about the recipient. I don’t mind being called odd. I enjoy not being mainstream.

I’m actually more offended by your poor grammar than I am by being called odd.

Good rules for insulting someone:
1. Know what’s offensive to them.
2. Don’t make yourself look foolish in the process.

It's a generational thing. Originally intended as a slur, then it became part of the casual racism used in my father's day. We don't say it anymore .

Hopefully it's the last time we see it here.

No, i disagree with the imputation that it was anything unsavoury in the context used here.

When I used it, it was a reference to joc which may have a large number of people of different cultural backgrounds working for it.

It just seems a bad idea right now, on the cusp of a global pandemic that is killing people all over the world, to hold an Olympic Games.

Just adjourn it for a year “ special circumstances.”

Hopefully the Russians can then compete as a country too.

Plus, the Japanese, they make the finest cars on earth.

Timmay

Juniors
Before you make your submissions in the future, you’d better check this decision dingbat.

View attachment 36349
And that’s straight from the book the judges rely upon. Check it out yourself.

Mmmm...And I’d say jdb is presumed to be innocent.

I suppose you have a problem with that too?
God, where to start with your errors...

1. "In this context", i.e., the HCA were talking about the common law principle of 'criminal responsibility' and how it relates to the term 'innocent';

2. CTM failed to discharge his evidential burden (i.e, the HCA didn't give a f**k if he believed he was 'innocent' because he thought he was f**king a 16 year old when he was in fact f**king someone older than 14 but younger than 16); and

3. The HCA dismissed CTM's appeal by majority.

Lol, good try. I give you 1/10 for being able to obtain the Benchbook online *thumbs up*

Willow

Assistant Moderator
No, i disagree with the imputation that it was anything unsavoury in the context used here.

When I used it, it was a reference to joc which may have a large number of people of different cultural backgrounds working for it.

It just seems a bad idea right now, on the cusp of a global pandemic that is killing people all over the world, to hold an Olympic Games.

Just adjourn it for a year “ special circumstances.”

Hopefully the Russians can then compete as a country too.

Plus, the Japanese, they make the finest cars on earth.
Don't care if you agree or disagree. I'm just pleased that you have joined us in the 21st Century.

It was a useful indicator of which WWII theatre a member of The Greatest Generation fought in:

- If he called them "Japs" he fought in Europe.
- If he called them "Nips" he fought in the Pacific.

Interesting really.

Which leads us to the question of whether or not the atomic bombs should have been dropped. To which I argue “no”.

Any takers?!

Timmay

Juniors
Which leads us to the question of whether or not the atomic bombs should have been dropped. To which I argue “no”.

Any takers?!

81955197_10159281360700968_651098071203053568_n.jpg

^ Just think of it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts