What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue bags

First Grade
You’re still saying that someone deserves special treatment because they can play football.

He’s not remanded in custody, he’s receiving his full contract pay (which is around 5-6 times the average Aussie wage) along with being able to train ready to head back on the field at any minute.

Remind me again how his situation is unfair as it stands?

And you may want to have a further think about the neurosurgeon.. The impact of him not being available is not a commercial one..
jack is free and innocent to train or not, is jack breaking the law , by training >. he is free and innocent, Julia assange trained in the embassy for 7 years

SnowDragon

Juniors
I just don't understand how the NRL think they can introduced a stand down rule - on full pay - retrospectively and then expect SGI to ware the costs.

No Fault
-introduced to protect the game. Correct?
-Player is not meant to be adversely effected, so he is continued to be paid (though JDB would claim his earning potential will decrease by sitting out 2 years) correct?
-NRL forced this rule retroactively. Correct? (And club has no option)

BUT
The NRL forces the club to pay
The club is definitely at a significant disadvantage thru “no fault”

The comparisons to other workers situations is not really the validate. In most cases it is the employer who decides, and then pays. In this case it’s like running a private school and having a teacher accused of child molestation. You are effectively forced to pay the teacher and prevent them from coming into the school. If you ran a school you would be insured against such. But this rule for the NRL was retrospective, and insurance cant cover the salary cap. Thus the system is inherently unfair to the clubs

TruSaint

Referee
That’s not in any legal book or legislation in nsw. If it is, then post it here you flip......and stay on topic.

If you paid for that legal education, you need to ask 7/11 for your money back.

ps ( from a dictionary):

View attachment 36346

Keep trying mate. How long did that take to google a dictionary.. FMD.

LMAO.

I notice you have moved onto the "bomb" now. Along with your marvelous insight into what the IOC and Japan are doing re the Olympics. What the f**k does Japan have to do with a footballer being stood down ?

Good to see you have dropped the term "jap" for now. Keep it out of the dialogue muppet.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
jack is free and innocent to train or not, is jack breaking the law , by training >. he is free and innocent, Julia assange trained in the embassy for 7 years
Describing Assange seeking refuge in the embassy as “training” has to be one of the greatest euphemisms I’ve ever heard.

Well played.

SBD82

Coach
No Fault
-introduced to protect the game. Correct?
-Player is not meant to be adversely effected, so he is continued to be paid (though JDB would claim his earning potential will decrease by sitting out 2 years) correct?
-NRL forced this rule retroactively. Correct? (And club has no option)

BUT
The NRL forces the club to pay
The club is definitely at a significant disadvantage thru “no fault”

The comparisons to other workers situations is not really the validate. In most cases it is the employer who decides, and then pays. In this case it’s like running a private school and having a teacher accused of child molestation. You are effectively forced to pay the teacher and prevent them from coming into the school. If you ran a school you would be insured against such. But this rule for the NRL was retrospective, and insurance cant cover the salary cap. Thus the system is inherently unfair to the clubs
I think a better analogy would be if a full time employee of a local franchise (maybe McDonald’s) was charged, and the franchise head office forced the local store to stand them down.

This is a scenario that I can see happening.

Gareth67

First Grade
He was the famous Illawarra second rower from the mid 80’s yeah?

Sorry muz old boy , but your wrong on that one . You see the name Perry Mason was only an ‘ alias ‘ that he used whilst playing footy , his real name in fact was Raymond Burr .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts