What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robinson

BennyV

Referee
Anyone downplaying Robinson’s ability or ranking him outside the Top 3 coaches of the modern era has no idea. Despite the top shelf team (many of whom he has developed into the top tier talent they are) but his ability to maintain results outside of 1 rebuilding year is astonishing. A good roster alone doesn’t maintain a 65% win rate with 4 minor premierships, 3 premierships, 6/7 years making the Top 2 and the only back-to-back premiership in the NRL era.

You only need to pay actual attention to the 2018 grand final, when his halfback and one of the best players in the world had a busted shoulder and Robinson’s game plan not only shielded that player, but used the injury to pick apart the other most dominant team of the decade in both attack and defence. It was excellent.

To have our clown competing in the same competition as guys like that is an embarrassment.

Walpole

Juniors
Anyone downplaying Robinson’s ability or ranking him outside the Top 3 coaches of the modern era has no idea. Despite the top shelf team (many of whom he has developed into the top tier talent they are) but his ability to maintain results outside of 1 rebuilding year is astonishing. A good roster alone doesn’t maintain a 65% win rate with 4 minor premierships, 3 premierships, 6/7 years making the Top 2 and the only back-to-back premiership in the NRL era.

You only need to pay actual attention to the 2018 grand final, when his halfback and one of the best players in the world had a busted shoulder and Robinson’s game plan not only shielded that player, but used the injury to pick apart the other most dominant team of the decade in both attack and defence. It was excellent.

To have our clown competing in the same competition as guys like that is an embarrassment.
Very true. But maybe they could send over Tedesco and Keary to play for us, just to make sure.

brissiedragon

Juniors
Wow Another sack mary thread in disguise.. the same people posting the same shit about the same person, but in different threads.. wtf

I have been a long time member of this forum who enjoys most forum members input. I prefer to read rather than post so only post or reply when I think that my opinion is worthy.
I posted this link because I was struck by Robinson's in-depth and enlightening comments. Given our dismal record under our current coach, I wanted to highlight that the premiership winning coach likely has a superior intellect to our poor excuse for a head coach.

I have never said in any of my previous posts "sack mary" so please feel free to pull your head in.

BennyV

Referee
I have been a long time member of this forum who enjoys most forum members input. I prefer to read rather than post so only post or reply when I think that my opinion is worthy.
I posted this link because I was struck by Robinson's in-depth and enlightening comments. Given our dismal record under our current coach, I wanted to highlight that the premiership winning coach likely has a superior intellect to our poor excuse for a head coach.

I have never said in any of my previous posts "sack mary" so please feel free to pull your head in.
In saying that...SACK MARY.

giboz71

First Grade
He obviously has an excellent coaching pedigree with head coaching roles in Super League and as an assistant to Brian Smith.

But his biggest strength is his intelligence. Not just footy smarts either, just general intelligence. The guy speaks fluent French and always comes across articulate and insightful in interviews.

No surprise he can construct and dissect a game plan. Our guy can’t even get the names of his players right and talks nonsense at most press conferences with over blown cliches and lame excuses.

Clearly attention to detail is zero at Dragons training and it shows.

Walpole

Juniors
He obviously has an excellent coaching pedigree with head coaching roles in Super League and as an assistant to Brian Smith.

But his biggest strength is his intelligence. Not just footy smarts either, just general intelligence. The guy speaks fluent French and always comes across articulate and insightful in interviews.

No surprise he can construct and dissect a game plan. Our guy can’t even get the names of his players right and talks nonsense at most press conferences with over blown cliches and lame excuses.

That's a very good point. Our guy is just not very intelligent. It's painfully clear in his press conferences and his poor use of English. Using phrases like "Them guys did this or them guys should have done that" is embarrassing.

When Keary was on the outer at Souths we were supposedly in the hunt for him ... and you don't have to search too hard to find posts saying we shouldn't sign him. Here ya go. Enjoy this

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/keary-no-please-no.453164/
Actually, we were definitely a chance to sign him from a money point of view but it came down to a choice between Easts with Robinson in charge and St. George with McGregor in charge.
The decision was an easy one for Keary in the end.
Smart decision that has been vindicated in a big way.

SBD82

Coach

Agreed. And even their “rebuilding year” was punctuated by the injuries to JWH and cordner, as well as the Junior Junior canine suspension.

41yearsaint

Juniors
Lol

Long time member, no shit.
Joined in 1970.
What computer did you log in with?

BLM01

First Grade

This is well said. Robbo is like a professor who is articulate but can actually watch and read a game for their strengths and weaknesses and express himself in a manner as a player you know his talking sense and strives for perfection. Mary.....well for a non Dragon supporter it’s comical... for us supporters it’s bunker down stuff

kit66

Bench
My point to WepnutV was that his assertion that my post was a sack Mary thread was incorrect.
I have no control over the forum records so what's your point? Pull your head in too peanut.

And that is why I dont post. Cos you have to deal with keyboard warrior idiots.

I don't think WepnutV was directing that at you, more likely at the usual suspects who turn every thread into a whinge about the coach.

41yearsaint

Juniors
My point to WepnutV was that his assertion that my post was a sack Mary thread was incorrect.
I have no control over the forum records so what's your point? Pull your head in too peanut.

And that is why I dont post. Cos you have to deal with keyboard warrior idiots.
Easy on champ.
It was a joke.
Your as cantankerous as those 2003 members. Edit - some 2003 members.

Latest posts