What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger Ted

Bench
i would think the chances are fairly minimal since Brendan Smith is out for the first few weeks of the comp.

Would make it very interesting if he did end up here. Being so close to round 1 I doubt he’d jump straight into first grade however when he does make it there will be some big names playing nsw cup
Best chance of it happening is when Smith returns from injury.

Tiger05

First Grade
I just read an article stating that Grant has requested a release to join us. Let's hope it's granted.

The unknown

Juniors
I just read an article stating that Grant has requested a release to join us. Let's hope it's granted.

melbourne won’t oblige unless it benefits them, like others have said it probably won’t eventuate until Brandon Smith is fully fit again

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
melbourne won’t oblige unless it benefits them, like others have said it probably won’t eventuate until Brandon Smith is fully fit again

So even though they have the GOAT at number 9 and any number of other players capable of being sa Utility player they play hard ball and stand in the was of a player who's obviously 3rd string!.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think he was saying he would want both and would rather swap another player. Anyway not going to happen. Personally I like having Momo in our side, I think he is a good defender, has some footy smarts and potential to be a very good goal kicker. Of course JAC offers plenty to
Who’s going to win a game for us with running skill. Did you’s see that try by JAC last year where he started on maybe the 10 metre line on the left touch line cut back in to step I think a couple of players was it Blake Fergusson? Anyway it wasn’t a step it was like a surfing cut back from the left sideline he beat 2-3 players to end up in the middle then headed back to the sideline like a re entry I think that’s the surfing phrase then when it looked like he was done he stepped another player and willed himself to the line...You won’t see a better individual try than that from anyone certainly not from Momo..

WA Tiger

Bench
. With the storm under pressure now trying to bring it out of their own end...Momo Mbye Packer wouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Ado Carr in a swap discussion regardless of kicking ability

Last edited:

Tigers Tale

Juniors
WA Tiger, there is no doubt that is a very special try by JAC. He has speed to burn and he is great on his feet...it breaks my heart he isn't locked into a contract with us.

There was a recent poll on NRL about who was the fastest player of all time and I think JAC won but I am guessing most people voted for him because they were too young to remember some of the others listed. I actually reckon Ken Irvine was the fastest player I have even seen and while he still holds the record for most tries in the game he'd have scored another 50 I reckon with this rule where the corner post is no longer dead. He was special.

Anyway, your point is a good one, speed is everything in this game and the only thing better than a fast player is a big fast player.

Phil Gould

Juniors
Who’s going to win a game for us with running skill. Did you’s see that try by JAC last year where he started on maybe the 10 metre line on the left touch line cut back in to step I think a couple of players was it Blake Fergusson? Anyway it wasn’t a step it was like a surfing cut back from the left sideline he beat 2-3 players to end up in the middle then headed back to the sideline like a re entry I think that’s the surfing phrase then when it looked like he was done he stepped another player and willed himself to the line...You won’t see a
. With the storm under pressure now trying to bring it out of their own end...Momo Mbye Packer wouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Ado Carr in a swap discussion regardless of kicking ability
No one is saying JAC is equal to those players but belly ache seems to want Momo and it would be a shame to lose our only kicker to get JAC. Don’t worry, JAC wants to come and we’re all excited about it. We are just dreaming up ways for it to be able to happen without either having to wait a year or losing our kicker and a great young prospect.

cerberus

Coach
WA Tiger, there is no doubt that is a very special try by JAC. He has speed to burn and he is great on his feet...it breaks my heart he isn't locked into a contract with us.

There was a recent poll on NRL about who was the fastest player of all time and I think JAC won but I am guessing most people voted for him because they were too young to remember some of the others listed. I actually reckon Ken Irvine was the fastest player I have even seen and while he still holds the record for most tries in the game he'd have scored another 50 I reckon with this rule where the corner post is no longer dead. He was special.

Anyway, your point is a good one, speed is everything in this game and the only thing better than a fast player is a big fast player.
Larry cowora against ken would an eye opener both would go sub 11's .
Nfl type speed

WA Tiger

Bench
No one is saying JAC is equal to those players but belly ache seems to want Momo and it would be a shame to lose our only kicker to get JAC. Don’t worry, JAC wants to come and we’re all excited about it. We are just dreaming up ways for it to be able to happen without either having to wait a year or losing our kicker and a great young prospect.
Your right there’s more than likely some pow wows going on there..And JAC will hopefully be teaming up with Grant for extra effect ..and ok a swap could possibly involve Momo ...(it’s wierd Key players are getting injured but nothing serious) ..One things for sure Bellyache will be wondering about the merits of a $1 m contract for Smith when his future prospect gun 9 could be gone next year as a result and the two near future tigers are likely knocking on his door every day

Phil Gould

Juniors
Your right there’s more than likely some pow wows going on there..And JAC will hopefully be teaming up with Grant for extra effect ..and ok a swap could possibly involve Momo ...(it’s wierd Key players are getting injured but nothing serious) ..One things for sure Bellyache will be wondering about the merits of a $1 m contract for Smith when his future prospect gun 9 could be gone next year as a result and the two near future tigers are likely knocking on his door every day
Bellyache must have a headache too.

WA Tiger

Bench
Nfl type speed
I love all the old footage and history etc I see Olsen Filipina in this link he looked quite slim ...This boy looked good and a tigers player ..he stepped player pretty easily

WA Tiger

Bench
Nfl type speed
I get the feeling way back they didn’t know what they were capable of in terms of acrobatics etc ...and stepping there way through a whole team They certainly hadn’t learnt the Benji step ..It may have seemed greedy back then more so in Irvine’s Era ...They were both tiny and yip fast..All the current mob will be in that “old footage” soon enough

Tiger5150

Bench
I get the feeling way back they didn’t know what they were capable of in terms of acrobatics etc ...and stepping there way through a whole team They certainly hadn’t learnt the Benji step ..It may have seemed greedy back then more so in Irvine’s Era ...They were both tiny and yip fast..All the current mob will be in that “old footage” soon enough

Larry wasnt tiny. At least as big as JAC, I think taller.

All these older players didnt have the modern professional training either.

WA Tiger

Bench

Yes re the modern training that’s obvious I was referring to the evolution of skills which really is what has happened ..Training didn’t just change to allow guys to be taught how to side step or just about somersault to score a try in the corner ...these are skills that have been brought into the game by a player that just started doing it and the rest copied it .Those guys back then could do these things they just hadn’t seen them yet .

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
A thought.....a player...any player asks Melbourne Storm for an immediate release as he's desperate to join Wests Tigers. ....regardless of the circumstances who ever thought that combination of words would ever come together to form a sentence like that.
And then for Melbourne to implode this year just for the icing on the cake

WA Tiger

Bench

JAC 88kg / 1.83 m...... Larry Corowa 79 kg / 1.78m........,Ken Irvine 78 kg./1.73 m......... Cory Thompson 91 kg / 1.78 m I’m not saying they weren’t amazing those guys .They obviously were but yeah they were tiny ..everyone was tiny back then ....

Latest posts