What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

LittleWayne

Juniors
FFS you cant be that naive. For the 1000000000th time. Please explain the difference between GI's job & Robbie Farahs job (that he never got)?

Haha

Robbie got punted from his contract because of a breakdown in relationship between club and player. Tigers was given some dispensation to pay him off and sign some other deadbeat.

Then it turned out that tigers had offered Robbie a deal after his playing days were over, so they lied about the reason for dispensation.

If it had of been me I'd have banned you from the finals for 15 years..

insert.pause

First Grade
Obviously I would like David Fifita to stay but I won't be dirty if he left for the Titans. Fifita is a hell of a compensation for Jai Arrow, but it really would have been in the best interests for all parties involved if Arrow had stayed. Arrow could have been to the Titans what Paul Harragon was to the Knights. Titans needed a captain and a leader and Arrow would have been perfect for the role. I'm not ripping on Souths for pinching Arrow either as they have been burned as well (Angus Crichton).
Mal is full of it, If they couldn’t afford to keep Arrow, how are they going to afford Fifita?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Mal is full of it, If they couldn’t afford to keep Arrow, how are they going to afford Fifita?

Who said they couldn't afford to keep him? It was just a better offer was made like a successful team. It's one thing the Titans need this year if they want to attract players. Be competitive.

Galeforce

Bench
the souths offer for Fifita was before they signed Latrell and Arrow. Pretty sure they have said they can't afford him now

Souths can fit Fifita for 2021 . The question is does he want to come to Sydney.

If Souths sign Fifta most likely ends Jac chance of coming to Souths unless Arrow asks to be released so he can stay at Titans.

never say never when the Pride of the League is involved

Tiger5150

Bench
Souths can fit Fifita for 2021 . The question is does he want to come to Sydney.

If Souths sign Fifta most likely ends Jac chance of coming to Souths unless Arrow asks to be released so he can stay at Titans.

never say never when Toddie is involved.

Spot On

Coach
Who said they couldn't afford to keep him? It was just a better offer was made like a successful team. It's one thing the Titans need this year if they want to attract players. Be competitive.

The Titans did not put up a fight re money wise to keep Arrow. By all accounts, Souths had to show him the money, the Tits did not.

Spot On

Coach

Souths have a winger on 750K. Other cap managers need to start looking into the magic formula found at Redfern to pay their star players more than the winger and stay under the cap and in the running to give Fifita a million a season.

Tiger5150

Bench
Haha

Robbie got punted from his contract because of a breakdown in relationship between club and player. Tigers was given some dispensation to pay him off and sign some other deadbeat.

Then it turned out that tigers had offered Robbie a deal after his playing days were over, so they lied about the reason for dispensation.

If it had of been me I'd have banned you from the finals for 15 years..

cool story. Total bullshit but still a cool story. Tigers received zero “dispensation”. He was paid every cent of his contract between Souffs and Tigers. Much like GI. Your point again?

AJB1102

First Grade
Souths have a winger on 750K. Other cap managers need to start looking into the magic formula found at Redfern to pay their star players more than the winger and stay under the cap and in the running to give Fifita a million a season.

Moving on 2 highly paid and underperforming players off their cap and into grossly overpaid office jobs probably helps.

Tiger5150

Bench
Moving on 2 highly paid and underperforming players off their cap and into grossly overpaid office jobs probably helps.

helps some clubs....not all. I guess the fact that manly didn’t even have garden furniture let alone an office didn’t help with Stewart & Matai.

Tiger5150

Bench
lol me too bud, if ya go by the papers that'd be over $1.8M freed up! But Sharkies can't offer the incentives it takes to get a player to medically retire when perhaps thats not necessary.

It shouldn’t happen, it’s a clear rort but I’d love to watch Todd twisting himself in knot.

LittleWayne

Juniors
cool story. Total bullshit but still a cool story. Tigers received zero “dispensation”. He was paid every cent of his contract between Souffs and Tigers. Much like GI. Your point again?

Oh your rewriting history. Sweet.

We didn't bin GI because he was a disruptive influence then offer him a job in 2 years.

insert.pause

First Grade

You lot are lunatics.

insert.pause

First Grade
Nah, it’s well documented they have cap problems. They paid overs for spuds like Boyd.