What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 season

Tiger05

First Grade
That was interesting wasn't it. I don't think anyone at the club is even considering Packer will be having a big year. Maybe he will come on. Madge seems to feel Reynolds spot is 9 but Walters from what we've seen is miles ahead of him. I'd still love to see us get that kid from Melbourne because I'm not convinced we have that position covered.

I reckon Madge likes our forwards and has confidence in the squad.

WA Tiger

Bench
Blocker the blockhead.
He’s not a WT man he’s a fox sports man towing the party line ...I bet he couldn't name half the team ...Brooke’s doesn’t have to own the team he’s fine as he is ..CTE? Blocker would have taken a few head knocks. The last I heard he was bullying someone at his workplace..He’s prob still pissed off for being yanked from the grand final in ‘89. I don’t mind the “we havnt got an enforcer” talk but the “we’ll miss out on the 8” was unnecessary and the opinion of an outsider that’s not even paying attention ...Anyway today’s game should speak volumes

Last edited:
Mbye out for 2-4 weeks according to injury report so will miss the first 2 games I think.
2 weeks only means missing Rd 1 meaning 1 game for whoever to put in a performance so that they cannot be dropped.

3 or 4 weeks helps those others, in whatever position Madge had Mybe to play.

Interesting start to the season for Mybe.

Tiger05

First Grade
Mbye is going to be under pressure. He needs a good season. If Momo is picked and he plays well it'll be interesting what happens.

My take is that Madge is only considering Mbye in the centres now. That could change if Reynolds and Walters don't perform at hooker.

gordynz

Juniors
I really can't see Madge straying away from the 9. Walters and 14. Reynolds combination. The balance is perfect for us.

SBD82

Coach
I wonder if he could play there. He can ball play. I reckon he will be on the right edge though.
His ball playing is fantastic, but if you play him in the middle you need to compensate for his poor defence, and with your current issues at 9 that’s going to be a very weak defensive middle.

There’s issues if you put him on the edge too. Pretty hard to hide your 4 defender in a defensive line. He regularly doesn’t make his ground for the inside ball. That’s where his best work with the ball is though. Footwork to get through the line and soft hands to give a ball to a smart fast support. Thompson could have a field day.

Having said that, Mary wasn’t good enough to coach Luc to a first grade standard. Madge is a much better coach, and may be able to sort the deficiencies in his game. If he can, Luc could be a hell of a player. If not, he’ll frustrate the shit out of your fans.

cerberus

Coach
I really can't see Madge straying away from the 9. Walters and 14. Reynolds combination. The balance is perfect for us.
I think we got another glimpse of how the grub will be used with 35 year old benji pulled and the grub moved to 5/8
I can see them trying to limit benji's minutes .

The unknown

Juniors
His ball playing is fantastic, but if you play him in the middle you need to compensate for his poor defence, and with your current issues at 9 that’s going to be a very weak defensive middle.

There’s issues if you put him on the edge too. Pretty hard to hide your 4 defender in a defensive line. He regularly doesn’t make his ground for the inside ball. That’s where his best work with the ball is though. Footwork to get through the line and soft hands to give a ball to a smart fast support. Thompson could have a field day.

Having said that, Mary wasn’t good enough to coach Luc to a first grade standard. Madge is a much better coach, and may be able to sort the deficiencies in his game. If he can, Luc could be a hell of a player. If not, he’ll frustrate the shit out of your fans.

I read your first 2 paragraphs and I instantly thought the McGregor effect haha. With the Debelin saga going on I’m surprised he didn’t fight tooth and nail to keep Luc

but then again, this is a coach who wastes a bench spot for an outside back

Tiger05

First Grade

I wouldn't move him now. The guy is a gun though. I thought his defence was fine and his attack was unreal. Big fast skilful edge runner of the footy. I'm not sure it it was Mary's fault. I figure they have Frizzel there. I reckon he is as good as Frizzel on the edge.

@ The unknown - I can't believe they let him go.

Tigerm

First Grade
Just watching the Titans game, can see them only winning one game, against us, which naturally knocks us out of the 8:)

Magpies Forever

Juniors
So looking forward to this season, even if it is to empty grounds and only on TV. I think WT will go well and surprise more than a few teams. Still think we are a bit weak in roster but we are headed in right direction. Feel probably around 7 to 9 will be our place end of season. I'm amazed at most journalists reckoning WT as 12th with some lesser teams above us. We will just have to show them wrong.

Go Wests Tigers.....

Tigerm

First Grade
I know it was only the first game, but Parra were impressive demolishing Bronc's, they are strong across the park.

The unknown

Juniors
I’m sure a lot of teams would have beat Brisbane last night they were awful and missing like half their forward pack, but kudos to Parra 3 wins straight

I think Dylan Brown and unfortunately for us Catterson has a big future for them

Btw even though last night was a caning still thought it was a great game. Parra exposing tired defence seemed like a gateway to bringing back the smaller speedy players around the rack

Last edited: