What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous All Stars reach out to bullied nine-year-old

Xcalibre

Juniors
You f**kers making fun of the kid should be ashamed. Unless it’s proven to be a scam stfu.

Xcalibre

Juniors
This article pretty convincingly debunks him being 18.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...e/news-story/9580e9e246fc99217a27260ff326b12d

The things people do on the net to prove a point, like cropping out the appletiser bottle, and to what end? Because they’re jealous of the kid’s fame? I’ll happily break their legs if they want that disabled parking spot. Being disabled is so good because you get media attention etc. fmd people can be dickheads.

nöyd

Staff member
If its a scam i will go to the 2020 gf naked

but i'll need a a gofundme for plane tix etc.

beave

Coach
There's videos of the kid waving around a fistful of assorted bank notes and photos of him in some brand label clothing which some people seem to have a problem with, but nothing I've seen suggests this is a scam.

This isn't the first time the kid and his mother have been in the news, and the mother seems to have been pretty consistent with her anti-bullying activism. But the crowdfunding campaigns, etc. are being set up by third parties with no apparent connection to the mother and kid, so I can't see a scam there either.

What is apparent, however, is that there are people out there spreading outright lies about them, such as the kid really being 18 years old.

There were pics on his instagram page (who the f**k needs an IG page at that age?) but he was at his cousins 18th birthday party in one of them. Then someone put 2 and 2 together and got 5 and started saying that this kid was in fact 18 and not 9........ nice investigative work dipshit, and now the net has blown up over it and everyone seems to think he’s 18 when he’s not.

Now it’s clear the mum runs the page (it’s now had every pic deleted and made private) but i went through a heap of them today and she’s got him dressed up all gangsta standing on the boots of Merc’s wearing hoodies and throwing gang signs with the usual try hard wannabe captions on most of them. Not sure where her head is at in all honesty with that page prior to all this shit going down, but maybe putting your kid out there in that manner is not the f**king best way to portray him ??...

Tiger5150

Bench
There were pics on his instagram page (who the f**k needs an IG page at that age?) but he was at his cousins 18th birthday party in one of them. Then someone put 2 and 2 together and got 5 and started saying that this kid was in fact 18 and not 9........ nice investigative work dipshit, and now the net has blown up over it and everyone seems to think he’s 18 when he’s not.

Now it’s clear the mum runs the page (it’s now had every pic deleted and made private) but i went through a heap of them today and she’s got him dressed up all gangsta standing on the boots of Merc’s wearing hoodies and throwing gang signs with the usual try hard wannabe captions on most of them. Not sure where her head is at in all honesty with that page prior to all this shit going down, but maybe putting your kid out there in that manner is not the f**king best way to portray him ??...

This is the problem I have with it. Clearly its not a "scam" and clearly the kid isnt 18....BUT....

It seems to be that the mum has always been looking to promote this kid. She has said she has been an "advocate" for anti bullying and dwarfism for years so the whole "I filmed this because I cant keep it private anymore" thing rings hollow to me. The kid is listed on Starnow as an actor & an "influencer". Clearly looking to publicise a 9yo kid.

For me the video was hard to watch but not for the same reasons others have said. I cringed when the Mum said "this is why he wants to kill himself" and then the kid says "yeah give me a knife Im going to stab myself in heart". The kid is clearly taking his cues from his Mum. he is hearing from her what is going to get attention. This kid is learning from his mum and the resulting well meaning outpouring of money and attention that threatening suicide is the way you get attention and love and care. I worry about when the attention wanes.

I feel sorry for the kid, he isnt going to get through life the easy way, but I also worry what mum is teaching him

Xcalibre

Juniors
*Deleted*

There are comments in this thread that are probably much like the taunts this kid cops.

Well said.

It’s a head scratcher how he’s been portrayed on social media in the past, but giving benefit of the doubt, it could be a) An attempt to empower him and/or b) That sort of image is seen as cool these days. At such a young age it’s odd though. I get a sense the mother is trying to market her son, which isn’t necessarily terrible. Plenty of parents try to get their kids in commercials etc.

Re: the bullying claims.. back in the day when I was in high school, we had a little person, and he was actually seen as a cool kid (kinda gangsta lol) and he was protected by the “big” kids.

gUt

Coach
Just got my first twitter ban for calling one of these Paul Kent wannabe racist arseholes a dumb merkin for the whole "Y THEY NOT PLAY ANTHAM" whinge. Feels good.

kdalymc

Bench
Following his timeline he's lost his front teeth atleast twice is this a normal thing/a condition?

bileduct

Coach
This is the problem I have with it. Clearly its not a "scam" and clearly the kid isnt 18....BUT....

It seems to be that the mum has always been looking to promote this kid. She has said she has been an "advocate" for anti bullying and dwarfism for years so the whole "I filmed this because I cant keep it private anymore" thing rings hollow to me. The kid is listed on Starnow as an actor & an "influencer". Clearly looking to publicise a 9yo kid.

For me the video was hard to watch but not for the same reasons others have said. I cringed when the Mum said "this is why he wants to kill himself" and then the kid says "yeah give me a knife Im going to stab myself in heart". The kid is clearly taking his cues from his Mum. he is hearing from her what is going to get attention. This kid is learning from his mum and the resulting well meaning outpouring of money and attention that threatening suicide is the way you get attention and love and care. I worry about when the attention wanes.

I feel sorry for the kid, he isnt going to get through life the easy way, but I also worry what mum is teaching him
Yeah I finally got around to watching the entire 7 minute video and I have to wonder how much of the kid's behaviour is in response to what the mother is doing.

Coparugby

Juniors
What sort of weirdo confuses a 9 year old for an 18 year old?

There’s a room in George Pell’s current hotel for those types.

langpark

First Grade
When I first saw this video, I was upset, like I am sure everyone was. After seeing it, first thing I did, was googled: Quaden Bayles school. Quaden Bayles principal. Quaden Bayles statement. And so on...

Usually whenever there is a bullying incident, the first thing media types do is SWARM on the school and get statements from the principal! The standard statement usually comes out: We are shocked to hear of this incident, _____ school has a zero tolerance policy for bullying and we will get to the bottom of this!

Now, I have searched the internet high and low, and cannot find ANY media even mentioning:
1) details of the actual bullying incident(s)
2) statement from principal
3) even the NAME OF THE SCHOOL FFS!!!

Can someone tell me if I am missing something!? If not, what on earth is going on!? Did the media just not dare to ask questions because he is a midget or what!? I am baffled. I am not saying it is a scam necessarily, just the media reaction/reporting has been the total opposite to every other bullying incident they have reported on.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
When I first saw this video, I was upset, like I am sure everyone was. After seeing it, first thing I did, was googled: Quaden Bayles school. Quaden Bayles principal. Quaden Bayles statement. And so on...

Usually whenever there is a bullying incident, the first thing media types do is SWARM on the school and get statements from the principal! The standard statement usually comes out: We are shocked to hear of this incident, _____ school has a zero tolerance policy for bullying and we will get to the bottom of this!

Now, I have searched the internet high and low, and cannot find ANY media even mentioning:
1) details of the actual bullying incident(s)
2) statement from principal
3) even the NAME OF THE SCHOOL FFS!!!

Can someone tell me if I am missing something!? If not, what on earth is going on!? Did the media just not dare to ask questions because he is a midget or what!? I am baffled. I am not saying it is a scam necessarily, just the media reaction/reporting has been the total opposite to every other bullying incident they have reported on.
I'd say you're over analysing it. Lack of comment isn't proof of anything.