What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indigenous All Stars reach out to bullied nine-year-old

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Actually my original point was that I know a kid in a situation and I’ve never heard of anyone bullying him.
I find it pretty shocking that anyone would.
I’m glad my kids and their mates look after him.

you basically insinuated that I was making it up and that I always make shit up.

But go on try and pretend you meant something else.
And now the arguing when there is no argument phase begins.

Quicksilver

Bench
Why are you following me weirdo?

I wandered in here.

You were here telling another one of your very specific anecdotes.

Don't mind me. I don't wish to indulge you any further.

You can go back to arguing with the wider Rugby League community about nothing again.

goodbye.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I think this thread proves we’ve all been deprived of footy for far too long.

Just a few more weeks and we can go back to hating the Broncos instead of each other.

carcharias

Immortal
I wandered in here.

You were here telling another one of your very specific anecdotes.

Don't mind me. I don't wish to indulge you any further.

You can go back to arguing with the wider Rugby League community about nothing again.

goodbye.

so you have nothing to add to this threads actual subject.

No plan ?

sounds familiar

Timmay

Juniors
Just a few more weeks and we can go back to hating the Broncos instead of each other.
And the Storm.

And the Roosters.

And Todd Greenberg.

And the referees.

And The Bunker.

And the commentators.

And the journalists.

And the crowd attendances.

And how the game is played these days.

And the scheduling.

And the AFL.

And rugby union.

And the coach of our teams.

And the salary cap.

And the video ref.

Y'know what, as rugby league fans, we've let this Quaden Bayles kid off lightly...

Silent Knight

First Grade
And the coach of our teams.

But surely not this bloke...

images

Time for a crown lager and chat about another contract extension.

gUt

Coach
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/qu...p/news-story/5e0c9d3af05caf51427b573b45f43d2a

Quaden Bayle’s family rejects $700,000 Disneyland trip

Quaden Bayle’s family says they won’t be accepting $700,000 raised to send the nine-year-old to Disneyland, saying they would prefer the money went to charity.
US comedian Brad Williams raised more than $700,000 through a GoFundMe page to send Quaden to Disneyland after a heartbreaking video of the boy went viral.

Like Quaden, Williams was also born with achondroplasia, a type of dwarfism.

But Quaden’s family say they will decline the trip as they want the money to go to charities that need it, according to NITV News.

“What kid wouldn’t want to go to Disneyland, especially if you have lived Quaden’s life,” Quaden’s Aunty Mundanara Bayles said.

“But my sister said ‘you know what, let’s get back to the real issue’.

“We want the money to go to community organisations that really need it. They know what the money should be spent on, So as much as we want to go to Disneyland, I think our community would far off benefit from that.”

The fundraising campaign was started after a video emerged showing Quaden “in hysterics” as he spoke about the toll bullying had had on him.

“Give me a knife – I want to kill myself,” Quaden tells his mum through tears, adding: “I just want to die right now.”

The viral went viral immediately in Australia and overseas.

NRL footy players rallied behind young Quaden along with other celebrities including Australian actor Hugh Jackman and UK TV host Piers Morgan.

“Quaden — you’ve got a friend in me,” Jackman posted on Twitter alongside a 20-second video saying “bullying is not okay, period, life is hard enough”.

“Quaden you are stronger than you know mate and no matter what, you have got a friend in me.”

Williams said seeing the heartbreaking clip of Quaden in hysterics, crying and begging to “die”, “struck a nerve with him”.

Williams’ condition has played a huge role in his stand-up comedy and television roles.

~~~
note to mod: thanks

Last edited:

Xcalibre

Juniors
Not even accepting the trip to Disneyland, let alone all that money. Totally honorable and admirable. And while the social media warriors will say it was done to avoid totally being ruined in the court of public opinion, if they were the scamming, terrible people that they’ve been made out to be, there’s no way they’d knock back any of that to appease people.