What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

Matua

Bench
There are plenty of black British characters, who would be offended by that?

I am annoyed at this PC bullshit where characters are essentially having their identity changed to appease the do gooders. It makes no sense to have an ethnic Scottish character as black.

Black 007? That's fine, that isn't James Bond. Ditto with a female 007. There are plenty of ways to improve inclusiveness (if one actually believes that is an issue in modern western society) without tampering with characters where it doens't make sense to.
Don't some make a case that Bond is a code rather than an actual person? So therefore in that theory it wouldn't matter what ethnicity Bond is.

At any rate, why fixate on the Scottish, only one of the James Bond's have been played by a Scot and only in one movie aside from that actors have any reference to Scottishness been made.

Matua

Bench
Considering we saw the Snyder cuts of Man of Steal and Dawn of Justice why are people excited about this?

Frederick

Staff member
My money says the Snyder cut is exactly the same as the theatrical cut, only with a shit ton more slow motion scenes to increase the running time by a ludicrous amount

shiznit

Coach
As I saw in twitter a few weeks ago...

“It’s easy to watch the Snyder cut.... just rewatch JL with the sound right up and the contrast and brightness down 2/3rds... #SnyderCuck “

shiznit

Coach
Ep 4 is up.... it’s 41mins...

for some f**king reason it’s available on the app on my phone but not the App on my TV.

I’ll have to dig out my chromecast to play it on my TV.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Black widow and wonder woman trailers in the same week. The neck beards will be working overtime to rip them to pieces.

Both look good and looking forward to them

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I enjoyed harley quinn, wasnt spectacular but had a few chuckles.

Was pleased that tried an actual character story approach with development approach that margot nailed pretty good instead of the transformers/megan cox approach of just having somone who has skimpy shorts as their wardrobe just bend over infront of the camera as much as possible.

shiznit

Coach
So a few interesting MCU things have come out in the last couple of days...

Tessa Thompson who plays Valkyrie confirmed that Christian Bale will be playing the Villain in Thor 4.

Vin Diesel confirmed he’s been in contact with Taika as the GOTG will also be in Thor 4.

and the final trailer for Black Widow came out...

shiznit

Coach
Everyone is trying to guess who Bale is playing...

I’m hoping it’s Adam Worlock or Mophisto but the prevailing thought is it’s either Gorr the god butcher or Beta Ray Bill.

as for the Widow trailer.... I spotted what I reckon is the twist from the teaser trailer.

Taskmaster isn’t a man... it’s Rachel Weisz character.

And by the end of the film Florence Pugh will be the avengers new black widow going forward.

Frederick

Staff member
Everyone is trying to guess who Bale is playing...

I’m hoping it’s Adam Worlock or Mophisto but the prevailing thought is it’s either Gorr the god butcher or Beta Ray Bill.

as for the Widow trailer.... I spotted what I reckon is the twist from the teaser trailer.

Taskmaster isn’t a man... it’s Rachel Weisz character.

And by the end of the film Florence Pugh will be the avengers new black widow going forward.
Rachel Weisz as taskmaster has been rumoured for a while now

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Black widow a chance of beingpushed back. The world could really use scarlet johanssen in tight black latex right now

Latest posts