What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Semi Radradra: The Crystal Ball Thread

Will Semi be back or is he gone for good ? What's your prediction ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Semi had a day out in the RWC overnight. Fiji played Georgia. They scored 7 tries and Semi scored 3 (?) and had a hand in 3. He was on the wing but floated about and chimed in like a league fullback.

Power and grace.

Watch it on Kayo. They have a mini on the game with 20min highlights.

Nice of him to get involved in the Cup finally

Gronk

Staff member
Nice of him to get involved in the Cup finally
There is not that much space in RU. Fifteen a side plus merkins are in your face 24/7. Semi was causing havoc on the back of set plays and off loads. I think the good sides have Fiji's measure and shut them down too easy.

Bazal

Post Whore
There is not that much space in RU. Fifteen a side plus merkins are in your face 24/7. Semi was causing havoc on the back of set plays and off loads. I think the good sides have Fiji's measure and shut them down too easy.

He was anonymous in their first few games. Looked like he did not want to get involved

At one point the winger from the other side made a break on Semi's inside ffs.

Gronk

Staff member
Ben Ryan: Fiji star Semi Radradra would make any starting XV on the planet

Sad to see such an outstanding player heading home from the Rugby World Cup

sp10-rugby-radradra.jpg

Fiji's outstanding Semi Radradra in action against Wales Oita. EPA
Ben%20Ryan.png

Ben Ryan
October 10, 2019

I first came across Semi Radradra when I was coaching England Sevens and we beat Fiji in a semi-final in 2013.

Directly after that tournament rugby league saw him, and he went and joined Parramatta Eels in the NRL.

He only came back from league to union after I had left Fiji, so I never had the chance to coach him – only against him.

This Fijian team has players like Bill Mata, Leone Nakarawa and Josua Tuisova, each of whom would have a good argument for being good enough to get in the 23 of any other team in the world.

But Radradra would make everybody’s starting XV. The only question marks against him are his positional sense defensively, which is why he has played wing in this tournament rather than outside centre, as well as his kicking out of hand.

In terms of everything else, he is outstanding. He could easily slip into the All Blacks’ back three, or that of England, South Africa or Ireland.

It is sad to see him heading home prematurely from this tournament, along with a Fiji side who did themselves proud against Wales in their last match.

Wales are among the favourites to win the World Cup, and for large parts of the game, Fiji were right in it.

What I found pleasing was the fact that, although individuals like Radradra and Tuisova stood out, there were also smart moves off the lineout, they did well in the scrum, and the defence was pretty good.

They did not just play like a Pacific Island team who are loose and unstructured. That bodes well for the next World Cup – although it is a long way off.

They will qualify automatically for 2023 for coming third in the group, and that did not happen last time. I know it is a small step, but it is still an important one.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/ru...d-make-any-starting-xv-on-the-planet-1.921630

T-Boon

Coach
We should close the Semi thread.
He plays rugby. That makes him less interesting than someone who plays soccer for some place like...Manchester City.
I hate soccer.

Gronk

Staff member
We should close the Semi thread.
He plays rugby. That makes him less interesting than someone who plays soccer for some place like...Manchester City.
I hate soccer.

Mate Semi is family.

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah but he’s more like that dude who has another family in secret on the side and then eventually leaves us to go and live with them.
No, he’s more like the son who was always destined for greater things. He left the nest and whilst we don’t see much of him, he is always in our hearts and we enjoy his success .:pray:

strider

Post Whore
No, he’s more like the son who was always destined for greater things. He left the nest and whilst we don’t see much of him, he is always in our hearts and we enjoy his success .:pray:
Nah he is the dude with the bit on the side that f**ks off

Gronk

Staff member
I watched Semi’s game for Bristol v Worscheshire (sp) yesterday. Semi gave a 10/10 game at outside centre and showed that he is 10 times the player Sivo is.

It was actually a very entertaining and skilful match, if anyone is interested (Kayo).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I first came across Semi Radradra when I was coaching England Sevens and we beat Fiji in a semi-final in 2013.

Directly after that tournament rugby league saw him, and he went and joined Parramatta Eels in the NRL.
Bullshit. He played in our under 20s team in 2012 and made his NRL debut in 2013. He spent the first part of that year carving up for Wenty.

Gronk

Staff member
Bullshit. He played in our under 20s team in 2012 and made his NRL debut in 2013. He spent the first part of that year carving up for Wenty.
Yep, Ben Ryan was dreaming. But he was the England sevens coach from 2007 to 2013 when he took over Fiji until 2016. So he prolly remembers Semi from Dubai 7s.

upload_2020-9-6_21-11-54.jpeg

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/semi-radradra

Hailing from the village of Somosomo in Taveuni, Radradra worked in the mines in Vatukoula and owned his own kava farm in Fiji.

He played amateur rugby union for the Vatukoula Rugby Union club, and was selected to represent the Fiji national U20s team at the 2011 IRB Junior World Championship, playing at centre in four matches.

Later the same year, Radradra represented the Fiji national rugby sevens team at the 2011 Dubai Sevens, where he was scouted by the Parramatta Eels.

Radradra made his NRL debut for the Eels in 2013 finishing the year with 7 matches and scoring 5 tries.

Latest posts