What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial vs Panthers - 4pm Sat 29 Feb 2020 - Bega Recreation Ground

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know what game you blokes, and Vossy, are watching, honestly...

I don't think we have been that bad, and I certainly don't think Penrith have been that good.

Penrith have defended well, but done sweet f**k all in attack.

One Penrith try came from a bone-headed Eels error.

Saying our attack looks shit isn't giving enough credit to the Panthers defence, imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If you read all the posts here, you’d think we were down 0-40.

6-10 HT

Yeah, I don't get it...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but given this is just a trial, I am pretty happy with what I saw in the first 40 minutes, tbh...

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith look much fitter. Their play the ball speed is killing us. Easy yards

They have a smarter coach mate.
People will call us death riders but its fact.
However I dont take nothing from trials so dont care about this.
A.Johns is our saving grace

Glenneel

Bench
2 years ago in a trial v the Knights we lapped them without seemingly getting out of 3rd gear... We got the spoon.

I'm not concerned with what the score ends up being in this trial, be it a 40 point pasting for or against us to be honest....
You look at trials to look at the side and not impressed so far. Attack will improve with better combinations forming but defence has been poor. Not a straight line, brown's cows there, and getting around our edges far too easily. Matterson not one pass/offload yet so disappointing there and Terepo, wtf, thought he'd be well down the pecking order re replacements.

hindy111

Post Whore
What is a trial these days?
I take it as match fitness. The top 17 is already picked. Blo out the cob webs and get ready for the season.

Eelementary

Post Whore
You look at trials to look at the side and not impressed so far. Attack will improve with better combinations forming but defence has been poor. Not a straight line, brown's cows there, and getting around our edges far too easily. Matterson not one pass/offload yet so disappointing there and Terepo, wtf, thought he'd be well down the pecking order re replacements.

Umm, actually, Matterson has 1 offload...

T-Boon

Coach
It’s not time to panic but we don’t have any attack, even in the red zone.
Dylan Brown has nothing. Moses is great. I’d get Ferguson off the wing a lot more because our hole runners stink.