What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Charity Shield

Bench
I didn’t care who won the game, I was more interested to watch how some of the juniors went, Lomax had a shocker, but I would stick with him, Aitken and Lafaii have reached new heights in how they perform, will be our starting centers in round one, Vaughan and Frizell played well, Sims was not involved. that much, not his fault.
Norman and Hunt did nothing, but will be our starting halves.
Going to be a long season.

We can not compete for 80min
Our kicking game is woeful and results in a lot of pressure and fatigue sets in.
the best two kicks of the night were Clunes in his 5min cameo
All the same traits are still there with an improved goal line defence.
No leadership, powder puff attack and a centre pairing that don't belong in first grade.
The Club Management are kidding themselves...
Clune and some of the new boys seem much better options

Positives

Our forwards by and large did well despite the fact Graham, Kerr, Korbin Sims and Cam McInnes were unavailable.

The following forwards were solid:

Frizell
Merrin
Vaughan
Tariq Sims
Host/Fuimono
Luke/Brittain

First half goal line defence was excellent.

Pereira, Ravalawa and Saab should handle the wing position.

Williame is going to challenge for left centre.

Negatives

Aitken
Lafai

Our inability to wrap the ball up in the second half.

We kicked the ball dead too often giving Souths too many additional sets.

Schoolboy errors:

Lawrie
Lomax (He is a better Centre than Fullback)

Jury is out on Norman. Doesn’t look the goods to me. I would have liked to see Sailor/Clune play the second half at 6.

We need more spark in the backline. Our centres are pedestrian.

Saw nothing new in attack.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we finish the reason above 13th.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
St.George Illawarra are like Kodak - So tied to their past, they can't see the world has changed.

The Board keep doing what may have worked in a bygone era, but with 5 yeare of evidence, no changes are made. Each year we cut away at the edges and blaming support staff across various areas of the football department, yet nothing changes.

If you watch today's game the problems that were obvious were:
* Kicking game was poor;
* One out running too many times;
* Players can't draw and pass when a half gap has been made:
* We are still running the loop passing (Sideways) across the field, that we played in 2009/10. They havn't worked for many years.
* Forwards are receiving the ball up to 5 metres behind the play the ball. This is a timing issue.
* We don't block runners at our kickers - they always seem to have a free run at us.

I'm struggling to see how our physio, gatekeepers, etc have been held responsible for these and other issues that have been obvious and not addressed during Mary's era.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
This will be the round 1 side;
1.Lomax
2.Pereira
3.Lafai
4.Aitken
5.Rava
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Graham
9.Luke
10.Vaughan
11.Friz
12.Sims
13.Host
14.Merrin
15.Lawrie
16.Ford
17.BB
A worse side than we trotted out tonight, I will be shocked if there are more than 2 changes to that side right there. There is a very small chance maybe Wiliame will be in for Lafai. And maybe Fuimaono will find his way into the side somewhere. If all Aitken is, is a battering ram we may as well just bite the bullet and throw in Fuimaono or Ford at least we gain some go forward and to be honest a better passing game. Wiliame is the best centre in our squad besides Lomax.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Norman is a centre, nothing more.
He is good at running into a ball but not setting up a play.
He's not even a good centre, he doesn't run hard enough. He has a reasonable long kicking game and at times his passing game is okay but Clune has more creativity in his left nut than Hunt or Norman put together. At least Hunt is a goer and at worst case scenario could play 9 for us.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
St.George Illawarra are like Kodak - So tied to their past, they can't see the world has changed.

The Board keep doing what may have worked in a bygone era, but with 5 yeare of evidence, no changes are made. Each year we cut away at the edges and blaming support staff across various areas of the football department, yet nothing changes.

If you watch today's game the problems that were obvious were:
* Kicking game was poor;
* One out running too many times;
* Players can't draw and pass when a half gap has been made:
* We are still running the loop passing (Sideways) across the field, that we played in 2009/10. They havn't worked for many years.
* Forwards are receiving the ball up to 5 metres behind the play the ball. This is a timing issue.
* We don't block runners at our kickers - they always seem to have a free run at us.

I'm struggling to see how our physio, gatekeepers, etc have been held responsible for these and other issues that have been obvious and not addressed during Mary's era.
I always preferred Fujifilm

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
22-0 second half says to me that we're in for a long season.
Aitken, Hunt, Norman would not be playing first grade at any other NRL club.
And what the hell was Lafai doing on the wing with Sailor and Saab on the bench?!
Positives : Host, Ford, Fuimaono, 2 minutes of Clune. Isaac Luke went okay.
BB was awesome, our good run started exactly when he come on and ended when he come off. He is a must start for me because he gets our forwards rolling. Luke can come on late in the game to A. give him a spell and B.run from dummy half up the middle.