What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Charity Shield

Coffs dragon

Bench
He's not even a good centre, he doesn't run hard enough. He has a reasonable long kicking game and at times his passing game is okay but Clune has more creativity in his left nut than Hunt or Norman put together. At least Hunt is a goer and at worst case scenario could play 9 for us.
Unless sacked, I believe the double duds of Norman & McGregor can take us all the way to the basement on the ladder.
I’m a big fan of Clune & would love to see him paired with Ben Hunt in the halves.

BB was awesome, our good run started exactly when he come on and ended when he come off. He is a must start for me because he gets our forwards rolling. Luke can come on late in the game to A. give him a spell and B.run from dummy half up the middle.
I forgot Brittain - yes, he was good. Definitely should be in the 17 come round 1.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Unless sacked, I believe the double duds of Norman & McGregor can take us all the way to the basement on the ladder.
I’m a big fan of Clune & would love to see him paired with Ben Hunt in the halves.
What we are lacking more than anything is creativity and game management. Clune is a must for me, he will make our defence better because our last tackle options will be better and we can have a chance to tire out oppositions. That 60% possession caught up with us.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So the Mc85 train keeps rolling along.
Moving Lafai to the wing, I cant describe the feeling of why?????

Any way some positives:
Jacob Host - best I've seen him play. Has to be in the 17
Billy Brittain - Great pick-up, just lacks fitness atm, but has time to make that up.
Tyson Frizell- happiest I've seen him look for a long time and his game showed it. (hopefully positive for us)
Tyrell Fuimaono - another great pick up. Again I'd have him in my 17
Overall defense in the first half was very good. Fell away in the 2nd.

Negatives:
Of course our dynamic duo of centres.
I don't think young Eddie Blacker is ready for 1st grade any time soon.
Attack was rinse and repeat

No doubt we will see the team rolled out in round 1 with what we had in the first half with the addition of Graham, who drops out?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So the Mc85 train keeps rolling along.
Moving Lafai to the wing, I cant describe the feeling of why?????

Any way some positives:
Jacob Host - best I've seen him play. Has to be in the 17
Billy Brittain - Great pick-up, just lacks fitness atm, but has time to make that up.
Tyson Frizell- happiest I've seen him look for a long time and his game showed it. (hopefully positive for us)
Tyrell Fuimaono - another great pick up. Again I'd have him in my 17
Overall defense in the first half was very good. Fell away in the 2nd.

Negatives:
Of course our dynamic duo of centres.
I don't think young Eddie Blacker is ready for 1st grade any time soon.
Attack was rinse and repeat

No doubt we will see the team rolled out in round 1 with what we had in the first half with the addition of Graham, who drops out?
I really like Fuimaono but I cant fit him in my side as it would be out of him and Ford which Ford shades him to me. The best solution all round seeing as though he is a right centre is to play him there over Aitken. Never going to happen though.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Geez guys, it’s a trial.
Personally I thought there was some good stuff from you.
Not sure if getting your knickers in a knot over Lafai being on the wing is worth it. I thought Wiliame was very good

in the negative, Lomax is so overrated, it’s not funny.

you guys will have a better season than many of you seem to think

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I have an issue with these “creative” jerseys they come up with in the league. I’m a graphic designer by trade and when they keep it simple and traditional, my opinion is that is the most effective

I used the phrase “ANY creativity”, implying there’s none in a plain red jumper.

giboz71

First Grade
Geez guys, it’s a trial.
Not sure if getting your knickers in a knot over Lafai being on the wing is worth it. I thought Wiliame was very good

Yeh we're a funny lot on here.

Even if we won by 50, most would say it's only a trial and still declare us spoon contenders.

So the feeling on here would have been the same regardless.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Geez guys, it’s a trial.

Considering Saints have been awful in the CS since 2012, it’s fair to say a pattern of mediocrity is well entrenched.

Excuse our pessimism, but we’ve seen this rubbish all before.