What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Great half time speech by Mez tonight, got everyone up and going.

And the losing press conference:

“ Training run, charity-many homeless gnomes will find new gardens to fish in. Brings it home to you for sure.”

“ Not a bad effort against a full strength rabbits charity shield side. That was almost their grand final side in the second half. Cooke ran amok all night. Issac Luke played strongly for them off the bench. He’s clearly their best...”

“ I don’t really want to discuss it, but I need to talk about jdb....

And had you won:

“ You can see the all the measures, that I, as Head Coach have implemented, are bearing fruit against one of the class squads of the nrl.”

“ this is the side I’ve always wanted.

“Not a bad effort against a full strength rabbits side.“

“Cam had a great game despite him not actually playing, but the meditation boys tell me he was channeling Widdop who played well
all evening.”

“ Sailor? Mate he was awesome at prop tonight. Mark my words, he will be carrying water to the boys one day.

“Thank you everyone, I need to go, designer management have booked me a float at the Mardi Gras with the missus.....No... I don’t know much about it, but I’m supposed to be wearing drag... huh? Blonde wig I think...

Whatever he said to the boys at half time...sheesh. The old white board is back unlike the responsibility.

A trial run at excuse making is a blessing for Mez to hone in on his skills. Finely crafted, hes back.

Not a single board member is going to bat an eyelid at the woeful backline defence tonight when more bad decisions were taken than good ones. Souths sent on their muppets at half time, and that was more than enough to secure a 30 plus point turnaround.

Anyway, the roosters were flogged back to 1974 or whenever they entered the comp. The bears looked terrible.

Injuries are all that matters in these things. Yawn fest otherwise.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
87942609_10220710436381508_6389525006904197120_n.jpg

Personally, l would of left off the word, ‘centres’ from the sentence.

BLM01

First Grade
Saints have 5 chances to put a trophy in the cabinet

World 9's - good effort but second
Charity Shield - my God
Minor Premiership
Premiership
World Cup Challenge

Charity Shield - second half was woeful - am overseas watching on Fox in a room full of Rabbitoh supporters cheering

Sack him
Quote: "Mary not concerned with the fade out"
Why would he... it is our normal game plan

Quote:"Rabbitohs lifted another gear" "I just thought the second half what they put on the field had more purpose behind it".
Why cant and why did not we in prep for Round 1?

Quote: "We had a good series in the Nines and backed that up with a handy win against Newcastle"
Oh of course we did. and we were 85 mins from a GF some years ago. Our past is not our future remember Mary. They were not as important a trial as this one. Last look at your squads 13 v 13 before Round 1.

Quote: "It shows when you don't control field position, those big boys get on the front foot"
When do we ever control field position?

Quote: "If you look at the way they scored their tries they were one off the ruck with an offload and put it down. In the first half we repeatedly defended that."
Thats OK then...reasonably understandable. I thought is was an 80 min game...silly me

Quote: "But in saying that there were things out there we liked"
We like being uncomfortable. Everyone looked uncomfortable in attack

Quote: "We gave a lot people opportunity tonight"
That is an outright lie. Opportunity is reasonable game time

Quote: "I thought the first 40 was good with the amount of work we did in defence,"
No field position we had to. Pity it is not like Masters Footy. Full time after 40

Quote " The start of the second half we had some opportunities we didn't finish. One to Euan and the other side to Laf."
Your just lucky Souths did not convert theirs in the 1st half.

Quote "You've got to expect it in a trial"
No... we expect that each and every week

getsmarty

Immortal

Quote:"Rabbitohs lifted another gear" "I just thought the second half what they put on the field had more purpose behind it".

Quote: "We had a good series in the Nines and backed that up with a handy win against Newcastle"
Oh of course we did. and we were 85 mins from a GF some years ago. Our past is not our future remember Mary. They were not as important a trial as this one. Last look at your squads 13 v 13 before Round 1.

Quote: "It shows when you don't control field position, those big boys get on the front foot"

Quote: "If you look at the way they scored their tries they were one off the ruck with an offload and put it down. In the first half we repeatedly defended that."
Thats OK then...reasonably understandable. I thought is was an 80 min game...silly me

Quote: "I thought the first 40 was good with the amount of work we did in defence,"
No field position we had to. Pity it is not like Masters Footy. Full time after 40

Quote " The start of the second half we had some opportunities we didn't finish. One to Euan and the other side to Laf."

Yep...its getting beyond embarrassing....Can the board not see the obvious ?

Sack Mary thread post of the year.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I still cant get the thought out of my head of aitken throwing that pass to Ravalawa for a try but throwing it 2 meters in front. Surely seeing that should have his papers marked of never to be in first grade again. My girlfriend who has no idea on the game as she is from Europe says oh that guy doesn’t know how to throw that ball to the guy next to him. Yet idiot keeps on choosing him as a centre. I cannot at at his smug face on tv knowing he is thinking say all you guys want I’m still here.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I still cant get the thought out of my head of aitken throwing that pass to Ravalawa for a try but throwing it 2 meters in front. Surely seeing that should have his papers marked of never to be in first grade again. My girlfriend who has no idea on the game as she is from Europe says oh that guy doesn’t know how to throw that ball to the guy next to him. Yet idiot keeps on choosing him as a centre. I cannot at at his smug face on tv knowing he is thinking say all you guys want I’m still here.
your girlfriend has more sense that the people running the club, but thats not a huge wrap given the capacity of her competition.
imagine having a shocker of a year, being retained to go around again and then fielding the very same combinations that consistently failed you, right from the start. Only message given to players - just keep being very ordinary and stay in first grade. Aitken and Lafai are pretenders, I don't want to see them wearing the red v again (or any stupid variation they come up with to avoid wearing their biggest asset).

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Charity Shield - my God
Minor Premiership
Premiership
World Cup Challenge

Charity Shield - second half was woeful - am overseas watching on Fox in a room full of Rabbitoh supporters cheering

Sack him
i think the Anzac day clash carries a trophy as well, add it to the rest of the ones we cannot win with McGregor as coach.

Dragon David

First Grade
Basic thing to learn when you are a kid is to be able to pass a football. Over and over again. It is not such a hard task. What is it with this clown. Go back to learning skills you useless shite!! Or better still just resign and get another job. Same applies to McMary - learn to be a decent coach.

RedVDave

First Grade

Charity Shield - my God
Minor Premiership
Premiership
World Cup Challenge

Sack him
Don't be so glum we can still win the emergency services cup, the Monty porter cup, the Alex McKinnon cup and the ANZAC trophy.

41yearsaint

Juniors
The last sentence is the Mary legacy.

Gareth67

First Grade
32586835-5A00-49BB-90D5-D2F3B9C74781.jpeg

“ Joy oh joy ! I bet you pack of whingers can’t guess what I am holding in my hot little hands ? No - well it’s not my tax cheque , nor my diploma for coaching ( yuk yuk :flushed: ) . It’s a 3 year extension that the old boys promised me if we could win at least one half of the Charity Shield ! So don’t worry fellas , I will fudge some sort of trophy one of these years . . . “

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Lol Mary talking about the success of the 9s and the Newcastle trial :joy:
This guy! Funny stuff, I can just see after 6 weeks when we are running dead last "yes its been a tricky start with a few key players missing. We really hoped to get off to a better start after finishing runners up in the 9s GF and after a very solid trial win against Newcastle (he will say it nuu castle too).
He's infuriating.