What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EUAN AITKEN

Paddles

Juniors
I have been a strong Aitken critic, and he certainly never had any business starting in front of Lomax this year, but I thought he looked much more comfortable on the left last week. I agree he needs greener pastures for all concerned though, and any of the swaps mentioned would be good.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Managed to watch the first half replay and noticed that Aitken still runs hard but is now being pushed back in tackles.
Lack of intent or just reached the peak of his playing ability?
Dropping to CC seems the obvious path for him, or could we even release him?
He's been worked out, one trick pony, unless he gets some decent coaching that'll probably be as good as he gets

41yearsaint

Juniors
Every kids team has that player that the coach and teammates say just hold it and run.
Mary asked him to pass more, turned him into a half dimensional player.
Now that is impressive.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Aitken really copped it (often deservedly) for the back end of 2018. But he started the year as one of the form centres of the league so I think talk of moving him on is far too premature.
lol. Last year you thought it was too premature to move Aitken on? lol

Brutalitops

Juniors
lol. Last year you thought it was too premature to move Aitken on? lol
I thought he was on his last chance. In 2018 Aitken wasn't offensively bad. Of course trawling through old posts to find gotcha moments without hindsight is always going to yield yourself some 'lol's Frank.

Key to the post you quoted is that I never stated he should be a shoe in for first grade. Aitken is at the point where he is the kind of centre who would be a serviceable back up and not much more. So congrats on the lol?

Crush

Coach
I thought he was on his last chance. In 2018 Aitken wasn't offensively bad. Of course trawling through old posts to find gotcha moments without hindsight is always going to yield yourself some 'lol's Frank.

Key to the post you quoted is that I never stated he should be a shoe in for first grade. Aitken is at the point where he is the kind of centre who would be a serviceable back up and not much more. So congrats on the lol?
Lol

Dragon David

First Grade
Doesn't matter as his contract is up after this season.
CC
Because no other club will take him when his contract is up, he most probably would agree to take significant unders to stay at the club same as Lafai for 3 more years each and the club would jump at this quick smart haha!

j0nesy

Bench
And then let's go after Alex Johnston
As he is fighting for a first grade backs spot in souths team overflowing wih outside backs. Great runner and defender.

That’s would be a huge upgrade and exactly the type of player we need.

I think back to back failed attempts at very simple draw and pass plays typifies what most of us are saying about Aitken. He just isn’t good enough.

18to87

First Grade
That’s would be a huge upgrade and exactly the type of player we need.

I think back to back failed attempts at very simple draw and pass plays typifies what most of us are saying about Aitken. He just isn’t good enough.
But he is a strong runner. If McGregor insists on playing him in first grade because he is such a good teammate/adds to the culture blah blah blah, then why not bring him off the bench in a Gordon Tallis super sub type role? He would bring in the added benefit of being able to cover an injury in the centres.