What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V West Tigers

Dragonsamy

Bench
I too would like to see Clune run onto the field in the number 6 jersey in round 1, but unless he gets promoted to the top 30, it ain't a possibility.
I hope Tyrell gets the 13 jersey. He is the most Debelin like we have in our squad.

I hope so too but I think Mary will go with Merrin just hope Tyrell get a bench spot.
But as you say he hit hard and starting with him would be a great idea.

SBD82

Coach
SBD82
I think his biggest problem is his lateral defence and he doesn't know when to come in and when to stay out in the centres. I actually think he be better off as a cc Cup player or at the very least, a bench player.
I think he would do well in the middle
To be totally honest, I think his ship has totally sailed. We don’t owe him a move to the middle. At the end of this contract he should probably just head over to super league.

It’s a shame. He had been thoroughly let down by our systems, which should have helped him to develop the skills required to be an NRL centre. He’s too old now. Time to move on.

Dragonsamy

Bench
To be totally honest, I think his ship has totally sailed. We don’t owe him a move to the middle. At the end of this contract he should probably just head over to super league.

It’s a shame. He had been thoroughly let down by our systems, which should have helped him to develop the skills required to be an NRL centre. He’s too old now. Time to move on.

I think you are correct agree. He would probably do ok in super league as you suggested

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Team
Lomax
Saab
Fuimaono
Williame
Pereira
Norman
Hunt
T. Sims
Frizell
Ford
Kerr
McInnes
Vaughan
Bench
Merrin
Host
K. Sims
Sailor
I think that Aitken, Dufty, Lafai and Ravalawa have had enough chances and lack the basic fundamentals regarding speed, handling, passing and/or defence. None are game changers.
I would also consider the following back up players after Round 1.
Brittain - If graded NRL.
Clune - If graded NRL.
Gale - If graded NRL.
Graham
Lovodua
Luke
Ramsay - If graded NRL
Sauni-Esau

BrissyRedV

Bench
What I would like to see:
1. Ramsey
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. Brittain
10. Merrin
11. Frizz
12. T.Sims
13. Fuimaono
14. Luke
15. Graham
16. Kerr
17. Laurie
Coach: Flanagan...

mickeylane

Bench
I think we have to treat this year as "whatever happens happens" as theres no chance of winning the premiership but a great opportunity to blood youngsters for coming seasons..

I would go w this team to start round 1 if possible especially as this backline has potential to score some points...

1. Ramsay
2. Saab or Sailor
3. Lomax
4. Williame
5. Pereira

6. Clune
7. Hunt (c)

8. Vaughan
9. Luke
10. Kerr
11. Frizzel
12. Sims
13. Fuimaona

14. Merrin
15. Sims
16. Graham
17. Brittain or Norman

mickeylane

Bench
This is the team I believe will be picked:

1. Lomax
2. Ravawala
3.Aitken
4.Lafai
5. Pereira
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Graham
9.Luke
10. Vaughn.
11. Frizell.
12. T.Sims
13. Merrin

14. Sailor
15. Host
16. K. Sims
17. Ford
unfortunately yes except Sailor out Fuimaona in

redVinme

Juniors
What I would like to see:
1. Ramsey
2. Saab
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. Vaughan
9. Brittain
10. Merrin
11. Frizz
12. T.Sims
13. Fuimaono
14. Luke
15. Graham
16. Kerr
17. Laurie
Coach: Flanagan...

Agreed, but raise you Williame for lafai and that'd be my team too

kit66

Bench
I would play Tyrell in front of Ford.
Offers far more at present.
CC

I don't know what gives you that idea. Ford was terrific in CC for us last year, consistently one of our 2 or 3 best on field, awesome cover defender, very high work rate, strong and skillful in attack and scored a heap of tries. He has no less potential than Cam Murray. The more he settles into first grade the better he'll get, he's only played a handful of games so far. Plus he's a local boy. I've hardly noticed Fuimaono on the field apart from a couple of poor missed tackles in the middle of the field. Are you sure you weren't watching someone else.

Saint Pedro

Juniors
1. Lomax
2. Ramsey
3. Tyrell
4. Sailor
5. Saab
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. Lovodua
10. Vaughn
11. Ford
12. Sims
13. Tyson
14. Host
15. Graham
16. Merrin
17. Norman
we can’t play old hat anymore. If the ‘experienced’ blokes kill it in reserve grade, upgrade. Too many of our guys play because they are on a big wage. They have all these young players that need to play first grade before they kill it elsewhere. Reuben Garrick and Patrick Herbert stand out.

Como Connection

First Grade
Now there's a blast from the past.Big hulking lad from Renown who found himself playing a semi final at 17 or 18 years of age and had a great game in a beaten side.Labled the next big thing it must have gone to his head as he only lasted another 12 months and didn't play first grade again. He played pre season in firsts and when they played Souths he wanted to show them he was boss.Well Sattler & O'neill put paid to that.He was pulverized and was never the same player again.
SBD82
I think his biggest problem is his lateral defence and he doesn't know when to come in and when to stay out in the centres. I actually think he be better off as a cc Cup player or at the very least, a bench player.
I think he would do well in the middle
I'm told by someone that knows "EA is really dumb"
CC

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Host and Ford showed plenty to like and for me should be in the 17
Merrin was only ok and has plenty to do
Fuimaono has promise and smart depth
Blacker exciting project especially for 2021
Kerr from what we have seen this season is essential
Looked like Friz hitups were more like a lock anyway
Lawrie gives everything but not big enough to make it count on the hitups and metres made
Vaughan looked solid
Bully and Billy i was happy with

I cant talk about our backline as it is a shambles right now

I cant talk about our coaching because souths second phase , offload strategy killed our field position first half in particular

Warabrook saint

Juniors

He and daddy mary should move to the super league as a package

Latest posts