What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tina Turner

Do you want Tina Turner back?

• Yes...

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No...

Votes: 33 32.0%

• Total voters

no name

Coach
I reckon it’s great.

Covers every aspect of the current game and showed a few big moments in the game over the past 30 years.

They could have probably shown some stuff from the All Star game rather than Latrell just standing there for the Indigenous aspect, but other than that, I thought they did a good job.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Meh, not enough virtue-signalling. Is it a sport or a political party. Also more importantly way too much Souths.

And for all that Souffs coverage the NRL still managed to leave out one of the most pivotal moments in their more recent history...

images

Vic Mackey

Referee
In parts it’s great

It’s frustrating for me because I am someone who voted yes for gay marriage, support Latrell against the trolls, the Indigenous players right not to sing the anthem and I love the women’s game.

I literally get political agendas in virtually every movie, tv show, ad, song, social media etc put out these days. Let sport be the one place where I can escape this and just enjoy it for what it is, and this is from someone who agrees with all the messages! I’m actually surprised they didn’t have a refugee kid on a boat holding a footy, must be on the cutting room floor.

I mean FFS the woman’s game is actually awesome, yet all we get is two chicks kissing. Do the marketers realise they actually play? If you want that at least make it Jess Sergis and Isabelle Kelly going at it.

The majority of it is absolutely cringeworthy but hey it’s the NRL promo, they only every use it for 2 weeks

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
In parts it’s great

It’s frustrating for me because I am someone who voted yes for gay marriage, support Latrell against the trolls, the Indigenous players right not to sing the anthem and I love the women’s game.

I literally get political agendas in virtually every movie, tv show, ad, song, social media etc put out these days. Let sport be the one place where I can escape this and just enjoy it for what it is, and this is from someone who agrees with all the messages! I’m actually surprised they didn’t have a refugee kid on a boat holding a footy, must be on the cutting room floor.

I mean FFS the woman’s game is actually awesome, yet all we get is two chicks kissing. Do the marketers realise they actually play? If you want that at least make it Jess Sergis and Isabelle Kelly going at it.

The majority of it is absolutely cringeworthy but hey it’s the NRL promo, they only every use it for 2 weeks
I could not like this post enough. Agree 100% with every word you said. The most cringeworthy aspect of the ad is concluding the ad with a player draped with the Aboriginal flag. Last time I checked, we play in an AUSTRALIAN competition. Rugby league is for EVERYBODY....very disappointing for an ad to conclude with such a political message.

insert.pause

First Grade
I could not like this post enough. Agree 100% with every word you said. The most cringeworthy aspect of the ad is concluding the ad with a player draped with the Aboriginal flag. Last time I checked, we play in an AUSTRALIAN competition. Rugby league is for EVERYBODY....very disappointing for an ad to conclude with such a political message.
It doesn’t conclude there? It goes for another minute after that.

insert.pause

First Grade
In parts it’s great

The original campaign was designed to soften the games image and appeal to women, now 30yrs later there’s a professional women’s competition. That’s probably the progress they were trying to recognise, but it was a bit boastful & lacked subtlety. Still great to have the anthem back!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I like it. It brings together a lot of threads to try to tell one big story of RL in Australia.

I liked the Knights part

I said in another thread that the ARLC seem to be finally acknowledging what happened in the 90s with the SL war.

That they actually used footage of SL War protests is a huge signal that they are going to take that head-on, which is exactly what is needed.

Now the ARLC just needs to force 9 to play this or some shortened version instead of their usual, weird grunge-rock fetish.....

insert.pause

First Grade
I like it. It brings together a lot of threads to try to tell one big story of RL in Australia.

I said in another thread that the ARLC seem to be finally acknowledging what happened in the 90s with the SL war.

That they actually used footage of SL War protests is a huge signal that they are going to take that head-on, which is exactly what is needed.

Now the ARLC just needs to force 9 to play this or some shortened version instead of their usual, weird grunge-rock fetish.....
Probably also why newscorp have thrown a full blown tanty about it.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Why is everyone getting shitty about the political stuff? they need to fill the pre-game, half time and rap up with SOMETHING.....

Without the stories (indigenous team, rep teams, hundred year old clubs), it is just 26 men wrestling in the mud. The stories are what elevate these events to become great cultural moments.

If you guys are genuinely against virtue signaling, the first place to start is ending the Roosters-Dragons ANZAC Day Match. What a patricotic wank-fest. Forget that the event draws 40k to a match-up that otherwise gets gets maybe 10k.

Then we should get fix up Origin. Have the teams play in Black v White jumpers for proper contrast (no need for blue or Maroon, thats just virtue signling to the states) and drop the limits on selections. Just choose the best players.

If it is really only about the football and the is NO value in the story around it, surely we can strip all of that other stuff away and it should only make it better.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Probably also why newscorp have thrown a full blown tanty about it.

Newscorp has been whinging for a few years now about the ARLC seriously getting into content creation with NRL.com

Not only are they worried about losing subscribers to their click-bate "RL in Chaos" rubbish, I think they are also worried about losing their monopoly on writing the modern history of RL.

I really hope the ARLC dont lose their nerve like JGrant did and hold their ground in this fight.

In parts it’s great

The vast majority of this post is excellent. But the Like is for Sturgess & Kelly going at it (in lingerie) in your version.
It isnt about kissing, it is about hot chicks who play great footy kissing ffs toddles.....

The ad is fine. But forget the politics and focus on the game.

Cannot wait for the legendary Roosters to put Wollongong to the sword yet again in the virtue signallers cup. Pimms on me lads (all 3 of you!!)

Last edited:

Latest posts