What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Add

Brutalitops

Juniors
The ad is great. Of course the Murdoch rags are reporting as if there is a "controversy" simply because they trowled social media for a few posts of morons getting mad at the inclusiveness.

The NRL gets a lot of things wrong from an administrative standpoint, but I can't fault them for how they embrace everyone and don't let the cries of some rusted on old fans dictate what they do. Unlike the AFL which folded in this area rather fast

Gareth67

First Grade
Have only just watched the add , it was a bit of hot and cold for me but nevertheless it was nice to see Tina Turner once again .

BennyV

Referee
Nah, dropping out the song right at the climax for some kid to sing a Cappella was a massive buzz kill.

Other than that, it’s great.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The ad is great. Of course the Murdoch rags are reporting as if there is a "controversy" simply because they trowled social media for a few posts of morons getting mad at the inclusiveness.

The NRL gets a lot of things wrong from an administrative standpoint, but I can't fault them for how they embrace everyone and don't let the cries of some rusted on old fans dictate what they do. Unlike the AFL which folded in this area rather fast
They say the dinosaurs are extinct but there's still a few roaming the hills and shaking their fists at the clouds. Most read the Murdoch press.

I posted in the NRL forum about the 1970s when male football players started hugging each other after a try or at full time. Old Frank Hyde voiced his disapproval when he said they should just offer a firm handshake like real men do. A great commentator, but Frank was out of touch with the new attitudes of the day. IMO, the same can be said the for the aforementioned dinosaurs.

In the video we saw men hugging more than once, but no one kicked up a fuss about that - in fact I doubt anyone noticed, you'd have to watch the video again and look for it. But two women seen kissing in a still shot that was seen for less than a second suddenly becomes controversial. Makes me wonder if we've really progressed that far over the last 50 years.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
They say the dinosaurs are extinct but there's still a few roaming the hills and shaking their fists at the clouds. Most read the Murdoch press.

I posted in the NRL forum about the 1970s when male football players started hugging each other after a try or at full time. Old Frank Hyde voiced his disapproval when he said they should just offer a firm handshake like real men do. A great commentator, but Frank was out of touch with the new attitudes of the day. IMO, the same can be said the for the aforementioned dinosaurs.

In the video we saw men hugging more than once, but no one kicked up a fuss about that - in fact I doubt anyone noticed, you'd have to watch the video again and look for it. But two women seen kissing in a still shot that was seen for less than a second suddenly becomes controversial. Makes me wonder if we've really progressed that far over the last 50 years.
I think it will be a very progressive moment when we get two men kissing in the ad.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I think it will be a very progressive moment when we get two men kissing in the ad.
Been done.. sort of. France and Rugby Union. Not sure if it's an official ad or not.

1064741543_40f43614f8.0.jpg

J.moz

Juniors
11 Grandfinals in a row what about that didnt see that mentioned in the Nrl promotion for 2020.

They go on about roosters back to back since Brisbane 1992 1993 . How about the mighty saints in the 60s no other team in any other sport in the world will match.

Come on Dragons bring out our own launch before season starts with the history of the big red v back to back 11 times.

Latest posts